Looking for Nanny

Perfect

 

The time is 11:30 pm. Almost everyone in Unit 3 has already gone home. Only three people remain in the unit. The one in the corner that has his desk surrounded by bookshelves alongside the wall is Pinocchio. Everyone in Unit 3 calls him Pinocchio because he can sense when people are lying. The one across from Pinocchio is the chief of Unit 3. He is called Toad because he likes toads. The one near the window, who is touching his laptop, is Tiger. Everyone in Unit 3 calls him Tiger because he runs fast. Tiger has long legs which makes him faster than the other people in Unit 3.

The three of them are working late trying to solve a case. Several people have called in saying that someone has been breaking into their homes and stealing their money. It has been five weeks, and no one still can't solve this case.

“Tiger,” Toad says. “It's getting late. You should go home. Your kids are waiting for you. Pinocchio and I will stay and work a little longer.”

“Okay, sir,” Tiger says with his deep voice. “If anything happens, please let me know.”

“We will.”

Tiger shuts down his computer and stands up. He grabs his wallet, jacket, and keys before he heads to his car.

 

“Thanks for looking after the kids, mom,” he says as he carries his two year old daughter. 

“Work must be keeping you busy,” his mom replies.

“It's hectic. We're trying to find the culprit.”

“Still?”

“Yes.”

“Let's not keep him for long,” Tiger’s father adds. “The kids are tired, and he must be tired too.”

His father carries the six year old boy who is sleeping. 

“I'll help you take them to the car,” his father continues.

“Thank you, dad,” Tiger says.

They walk out to his car, and Tiger puts his two year old into the car seat while his father places the six year old into the car. They make sure to buckle up the kids.

“Thanks for watching them,” Tiger says. “We're leaving.”

“Drive safely,” his mother says.

“Okay. Bye.”

Tiger climbs into his car and drives off. He parks in the driveway and climbs out of his car. Tiger walks to the back seat to get his daughter and son. He carries his daughter in his left arm, and his son in his right arm. Tiger walks to the front door and puts down his six year old when he needs to unlock the door.

“Just hang on one moment,” he tells his six year old.

The little boy is standing with his eyes closed waiting for his father to carry him again. Once Tiger unlocks the door, he twists the knob and opens the door. Tiger once again carries his six year old and walks inside. He closes the door with his feet and immediately heads to his children’s room. Tiger sets his six year old on the bed, and then he lies his two year old in the crib. He fixes the blanket on his two year old before he goes to fix his six year old. Tiger wants to change them into their pajamas, but the kids are too tired, and so is he. Once he finishes tucking his kids in, he walks out of the room. Tiger walks to his bedroom and changes his clothes into something more comfortable. Then, he walks to the front door and locks it before he goes to bed.

The next day, Tiger wakes up at his usual time, 5 in the morning, to make his son breakfast. After making breakfast, he goes to wake up his six year old.

“It’s time to get up,” he says softly. 

The six year old yawns and stretches before he wakes up.

“Go wash your face and then come eat breakfast,” Tiger says.

“Yes, dad,” the six year old replies.

While his son is washing his face in the bathroom, Tiger goes prepare a lunch box for his son. He gives his son sliced apples, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a small bottle of orange juice. Tiger places everything into the spiderman lunch box that his son likes. 

The six year old walks in and sits at the table. He picks up his fork and eats the scrambled eggs that his father had made.

“Go brush your teeth after you eat okay,” Tiger says. “We’ll get you dressed afterwards.”

“Yes, dad.”

After eating, brushing his teeth, and getting dressed, Tiger takes his two year old and buckles her up into her car seat before he buckles up his six year old into the car. He makes sure to dress them up warm since winter is only beginning to end.

“Here’s your lunch,” Tiger says. “It’s your favorite. Peanut butter and jelly.”

“Thank you, dad,” the six year old says with a smile.

Tiger smiles and climbs into the driver’s seat. He puts on his seatbelt before he turns on the engine. Tiger backs out of his driveway and sends his son to school.

“I’ll pick you up at two today,” Tiger says.

“You don’t have work,” the six year old asks.

“I’m coming home early today.”

The six year old smiles.

“Go on now,” Tiger says.

The six year old unbuckles his seatbelt and runs to school. Tiger then heads back home. Then, he prepares his two year old daughter's belongings. Tiger eats breakfast and feeds his two year old her bottle before he drops her off at daycare. Then, he heads to work.

 

She is a college student. She is in her third year already. Her major is nursing, and she is looking for a job. She does volunteer work for a daycare center which she likes, but she is in need of money. Her college tuition needs to be paid, and she just wants money in general, so she can go out sometimes. She is also an intern at the hospital, but since she’s only in her third year, she doesn’t get as much hours.

Today, she is at the daycare center again. She watches kids and helps take care of them until their parents come to pick them up. 

The next day, she does the same thing, but when it is time for the children to be picked up, there is still a little girl who is at the center. She has no choice, but to stay and take care of the girl. Almost everyone has already gone home. 

The little girl is very cute to her. The girl's hair is tied into two pigtails, and she has bangs that covers her forehead. When the girl walks, she struts from side to side. When she talks, it would be slurs and then a word and more slurs.

The little girl is playing with the cooking utensils pretending that she is cooking a cookie.

“I'm sorry I'm late,” a man's voice is heard.

She turns her head to see a tall man standing in front of her. He is holding onto a little boys hand. She guesses that he is his son, and by the look on the little boy’s face, she can tell that the little boy is upset.

“Are you Soo Jung’s father,” she asks the man.

“Yes. I got off work late today, and my parents are out of town,” he replies. “I'm sorry I kept you for so long.”

“It's fine. Watching your little girl is a joy.”

“Is Kyungra still here? I want to talk to her.”

“She's in her office.”

“May you watch the both of them for me? I have to go speak to Kyungra.”

“Sure.”

“Go stay with your little sister over there,” he tells the boy. “I’ll be right back.”

“Daddy, where are you going?”

“I have to go somewhere. I’ll be right back.”

He walks his son to the lady.

“Want to play,” she asks the boy. “We have lots of toys here.”

The boy slowly walks over to his sister and starts to play with her.

“I’ll be back to pick them up,” he tells the lady.

“Okay.”

He walks to the back and knocks on, Kyungra, the head's door.

“Come in,” she says.

Tiger opens the door and greets the woman. He closes the door behind him and walks closer to her.

“Hello, Won Sik,” she greets back. “How are you?”

“Fine, Kyungra.”

“What may I help you with today?”

“I was wondering if you know anyone who is in need of a job.”

“I know a few. Why?”

“I want someone to nanny my kids. I prefer someone who can drive and is responsible enough to stay with them at all times.”

“Boy, you want a nanny that don't exist.”

“Please help me find one. I want one as soon as possible.”

“I'll see what I can do, but I don't guarantee that you're going to get what you want.”

“I can always work around my schedule. Let me know as soon as you find one.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Thank you.”

The little girl is hitting the fake stove with a fake fork. She is screaming and laughing which makes the lady laugh as well.

“Soo Jung,” Won Sik says. 

He walks over to his little girl and bends down to her level.

“You can’t do that,” he continues. “What if you break the toy?”

The girl continues to scream and hit the stove, so Won Sik catches her little arms.

“No,” he says stern.

“It’s okay,” the lady says. “She’s only playing.”

The lady has already put the girls jacket and hat on, so Won SIk thanks her and takes his children home.

“Soo Ah,” Kyungra says.

She turns around, and Kyungra is walking towards her.

“I need to talk to you,” she continues.

Soo Ah follows Kyungra to her office.

“Close the door behind you,” Kyungra commands.

Soo Ah does so and goes to sit on the chair in front of Kyungra’s desk.

“Is something wrong,” Soo Ah asks.

“No. I have a question for you.”

“Yes?”

“Are you still looking for a job?”

“I am.”

“I just heard about this offer that I think will fit you.”

“What is it?”

“That man that just left needs a nanny for his kids. He wants one that can drive, and one that can take care of his kids when he is not home or like he said, ‘at all times’.”

“Why doesn't he just continue to bring his kids here?”

“He’s a police officer and needs to go in whenever he is called in. Having to drop and pick up his kids are interfering, so he wants a nanny to look over his kids.”

“What about his wife?”

“She died.”

“Oh.”

“What do you say? Are you willing to give this a try?”

“Did he tell you how much he is willing to pay?”

“He never said. I suggest you go to the interview and ask him yourself. Here’s his address,” Kyungra says handing Soo Ah a piece of paper. “His name is Kim Won Sik.”

“Okay. When is the interview?”

“I’ll give you a call after I inform him about you.”

“Okay. Thank you, Kyungra.”

“No problem.”

A few days later, Soo Ah drives to Won Sik’s house. She parks on the side of the road, and then walks over to his door to ring the doorbell. The door opens, and she tilts her head up. He is suddenly as tall as a tree when she stands in front of him.

She greets him. “I heard that you were looking for a nanny,” Soo Ah says.

“Yes. Please come in,” Won Sik invites.

Soo Ah walks in and Won Sik closes the door. She notices that the house is very small. The living room greets her as soon as she walks in, and there are two doors that leads to other rooms. One is ahead of her, and the other one is to the left of her, but she doesn’t know where they lead to.

“You’re that woman from the daycare center,” he says.

“Yes. Kyungra recommended me to come here,” she replies.

“Please sit,” he says, pointing to the couch.

She does, and so does he, but he sits on a separate couch.

“My name is Kim Won Sik. Did you bring a resume,” he asks.

“Yes.”

She gives him the folder she is holding in her hands. He accepts it and opens the folder.

“Ms. Lim Soo Ah, you’ve had many different jobs,” he says. “Mostly in fast food restaurants.”

“Yes. I’m still a student, so I take whatever job I can get to earn money.”

“You’re a student?”

“Yes. College student.”

“What year?”

“Third year.”

“Major?”

“Nursing.”

“What school?”

“The All Women’s School.”

“Ahh. You have the daycare center here as volunteer work.”

“Yes.”

“Why do you want this job?”

He sets the resume down.

“I want the money to help me financially, and I love working with kids.”

“If you love working with kids, then why did you go into nursing?”

“I thought it’ll be nice if I could help out people especially kids. Most people don’t know the first step to taking care of a child when they’re hurt, so I thought I’d major in nurse and volunteer at the daycare center, so I can help the kids when they get hurt.”

Won Sik nods his head. “If I give you this job,” he starts. “It won’t interfere with your school schedule?”

“No. I take my classes online, and school ends in two weeks. I should be free after that.”

“If school ends in two weeks, finals are coming up for you then.”

“Yes.”

“Being a nanny won’t interfere with your study session?”

“No. I can work around it.”

“Okay.”

“If I do work here,” she starts. “How much are you willing to pay?”

“I’ll give you three hundred at the end of each two weeks.”

Soo Ah nods her head.

“I have other applicants I need to look at as well, so I’ll give you a call for any other follow ups,” he tells her.

“Thank you.”

She stands up and heads outside. 

Won Sik’s phone rings, so he picks it up.

“Hello,” he asks.

“Won Sik, where are you,” she asks. “I went to the station, but you're not there.”

“I took off today,” he answers. “I have to pick up Junho today.”

“So you're at home today?”

“Yes.”

“Great! I'm outside. Open the door.”

“You are?”

Won Sik stands up to go open the door. She is leaning against her car. She waves to him, and he hangs up.

“Hi,” she says cheerfully.

“What are you doing here,” he asks.

“To see you. I miss you.”

She walks in, so Wonsik closes the door behind him.

“Who was that lady out there,” she asks him. “You had company?”

“She was a job interviewee.”

“A job interviewee?”

“I need a nanny for my kids.”

“What a good idea,” she says, sitting on the couch. “You can have more free time then. We can finally go on that date.”

“I’m only hiring a nanny, so I can work, Minah. You know I can’t afford to go on any dates right now,” he says sitting next to her.

He picks up Soo Ah’s resume and looks through it.

“I know,” Minah says with a pout. “You’re too busy for a date.”

Soo Jung, who is taking her afternoon nap, starts to cry, so Won Sik goes to see her. Soo Jung is standing up in her crib holding onto the bars that helps her from rolling out. 

“You're awake,” Won Sik asks with a smile.

He grabs the little girl and carries her out to the living room.

“Minah, can you keep an eye on her,” Won Sik asks setting Soo Jung on the couch. “I'm going to make her a bottle and change her diaper.”

“Sure,” Minah says.

“Thanks.”

He goes to the kitchen and makes the bottle and goes grab a diaper before he comes to change Soo Jung and gives her the bottle. Won Sik sits down again after he finishes. 

“Why don't you hire someone older of age,” Minah asks as she looks over Soo Ah’s resume. “They'll have more experience and more patience.”

“You're right,” Won Sik replies. “If there are any older applicants then I'll definitely consider that.”

 

A few days later, Soo Ah is in the dorms studying for her finals when her phone rings.

“Hello,” she asks.

“Is Ms. Lim Soo Ah there,” the caller asks.

“This is her.”

“This is Kim Won Sik. Do you remember me?”

“Of course. You're the one looking for a nanny.”

“Yes. After looking through several applicants, I've decided to hire you as the nanny.”

“Really? You mean I got the job?”

“You did. When will be the appropriate time for you to come to work?”

“Anytime. Actually, I can work tomorrow. I'm studying for finals.”

“Okay. Meet me tomorrow morning at nine. Bring your bag as well.”

“What bag?”

“Pack your belongings and come here. You can do that right?”

“Of course, but why?”

“Because of the circumstances, you have to come and live in my house.”

“No one told me that.”

“Is it okay than? Are you willing to accept the job?”

“Of course. I was a little baffled that's all.”

“Great. I'll see you tomorrow then.”

 

Tomorrow comes, and Soo Ah is in front of Won Sik’s house. She is holding onto her black duffle bag. Soo Ah walks up to the front door and rings the doorbell. She waits for a couple of seconds, and Won Sik comes to open it. 

“You’re here,” he says.

“Yes,” she says looking up at him.

“Come in.”

She walks in, and he closes the door.

“Please follow me,” he says. “I’ll show you to your room.”

He walks to the door in front of them, but turns left at the corner.

“The room in that far corner is mine,” he says. “The room next to it is the kids room, and your room is across from the kid’s room.”

He opens the door to her room, so she walks in. The bed is against the far corner, the closet is in the center of the wall across from the bed, and there is a window that is right across the closet. White curtains are pinned up away from the window. A table is placed underneath the window, and on the table is a lamp, and a vase of white daisies.

“Do you like it,” he asks.

“It’s fine,” she replies.

“When you turn right in this hallway, there are two doors at the end of the hall. The one on the right is the bathroom, and the one on the left is a storage room. If you need anything, check the storage room.”

“Okay.”

“Junho, my eldest child, needs to be at school by 6:45 in the morning,” Won Sik says as he walks to the living room. “You have to make sure to wake up early to make him breakfast, pack him lunch, and send him to school.”

“So I have to wake up at five in the morning,” Soo Ah asks surprised.

She follows Won Sik to the living room.

“Is there a problem,” he asks.

“It’s just so early,” she heaves. “I usually don’t wake up until eight or nine, but there is no problem. I’m sure I can adjust.”

“His classes end at two in the afternoon.”

“Where is the school?”

“It's about ten minutes away. Learning School for the Boys.”

“Oh, that school.”

“In the kitchen,” Won Sik says as he makes his way there now. “The cabinet here,” he points to the far right. “This is where I keep Soo Jung’s bottle. The milk is in the fridge. Just pour the milk into the bottle until it fills up.”

“Okay.”

“Food and beverages are in the cabinets here. If you ever get hungry, just look around and fix yourself up something to eat. Make yourself at home.”

“Okay. Do I have to pay for electricity or water usage?”

“I'm already taking that out of your paycheck, so don't worry about that.”

“Okay.”

“If there is anything else, I'll make sure to tell you, and if you have any questions, just ask me.”

“I do have one question.”

“What is it?”

“When do you wake up? So I know when to make you breakfast.”

“Just worry about the kids, Ms. Soo Ah. I can take care of myself. If you have nothing else to say, that'll be it.”

“Okay.”

“I'll take you with me this evening to pick up Junho. In the meantime, prepare lunch for Soo Jung, and a snack for Junho when he gets home.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Here’s a spare key,” he says handing Soo Ah a key to the house. “It’s for the house.”

“Thank you,” Soo Ah replies.

She takes the key, and Won Sik walks away leaving Soo Ah behind. She heaves a deep sigh and sags her shoulders down.

This will take awhile for me to get used to.

Soo Ah goes to put the spare key in her purse and unpacks before she walks to the kitchen and looks through the cabinets. There isn’t really anything. She walks to the fridge and opens that up. Soo Ah sees a head of broccoli and a gallon of milk. There isn’t much. She sighs and walks to the living room.

“Do I need to ask for permission to go out,” Soo Ah asks Won Sik.

He is looking at some documents.

“What for,” he asks back.

“There is nothing for me to make. I'm going to go shop.”

“Sure. If I'm home, and you want to go out, just tell me where you're going, so I know where you are. If not, make sure you have your phone on you, so I can call you when the kids need you or when I need you. If I'm not home, you have to take the kids with you.”

“Got it.”

Won Sik stands up and takes out his wallet from his back pocket. He takes out his credit card and hands it to Soo Ah.

“Use that,” he says. 

“It's okay,” she replies looking up at him. “I can just use my money.”

“Take it.”

She accepts the card and thanks him.

Soo Ah buys beef, onions, carrots, fruits,  and anything else she thinks would be necessary for the house. When she comes back from the store, Soo Jung is already awake. She is playing with her toys while Won Sik is still looking at some documents. Soo Jung hears the door open, so her attention diverts to the door. When Soo Jung notices Soo Ah, she drops all her toys and runs over to Soo Ah.

“Hi, little girl,” Soo Ah says setting the bags down.

She picks up Soo Jung.

“What are you doing here, Ms. Lim,” Soo Jung asks in her cute little baby voice.

“I came to live with you.”

“You’re living with me?”

Soo Ah nods her head.

“Are you going to go home,” Soo Jung asks.

“Nope,” Soo Ah replies. “I’m going to live with you.”

“You’re going to live with me?”

“That’s right. Now why don’t you go play. I’ll make you lunch. Are you hungry,” Soo Ah asks Soo Jung.

She sets the little girl down and picks up her bags again.

“Yes,” Soo Jung replies.

“Do you want to eat anything,” Soo Ah replies.

She walks to the kitchen and Soo Jung follows her.

“I want ice cream,” Soo Jung replies.

“How about we eat that after we eat some food. Do you want an omelette?”

Soo Ah places the bags on the countertops.

Soo Jung nods her head.

“Why don’t you go play. I’ll tell you when the food is ready,” Soo Ah says.

“Okay.”

Soo Jung runs to the living room making Soo Ah smile. Soo Jung’s little feet looks very cute to Soo Ah. 

Soo Ah puts the groceries away and starts to make the omelette. After she is done, she calls Soo Jung in. Soo Jung comes running in with her little feet and climbs on her baby seat. Soo Jung waits for Soo Ah to serve her.

“Here you go,” Soo Ah says setting the bowl in front of Soo Jung.

Soo Jung picks up the spoon and starts to eat. Soo Ah looks in the cabinet and takes out Soo Jung’s sippy cup. She fills the cup with water before she twists the cap close.

“Here’s your water,” Soo Ah says setting the cup beside the bowl.

“Thank you,” Soo Jung replies.

“You’re welcome.”

Soo Ah leaves to the living room to see Won Sik still reading the documents.

“I don’t mean to interrupt, sir,” Soo Ah begins. “But I was wondering if you wanted to eat too?”

“I’m fine,” he replies without taking his eyes off the documents.

“Okay.”

Soo Ah walks back to the kitchen and starts to clean up the mess she made. After she is done, she hears Soo Jung’s little voice, “All done.”

Soo Ah goes to help Soo Jung off the chair then picks up the dish. Soo Jung had ate everything and finished her water as well. She runs back to play with her toys. After Soo Ah is done with cleaning, she cuts some fruits into bite size pieces and places them into a container before she stores it into the fridge. She cuts some more fruits into a bowl and places a fork in the bowl. Soo Ah grabs the bowl and walks to the living room. She places the bowl on the coffee table in front of Won Sik.

“I bought some fruits,” she starts. “Please have some.”

“Thank you,” is all he says.

Soo Ah walks over to Soo Jung and asks if she wanted some fruits too, but she shakes her head. Soo Ah then heads back to the kitchen and preps for dinner. She takes out the beef and marinade it  Then, she dices the carrots and potatoes before she puts them away in the fridge again. When she is done with everything, it is almost time to pick Junho up.

“If you’re ready,” Won Sik says. “I’ll be picking up Junho up in thirty minutes.”

“I’m ready whenever you are,” Soo Ah replies.

Soo Ah and Soo Jung are playing with Soo Jung’s dolls. Won Sik is still looking at his documents.

“Soo Jung,” Soo Ah starts. “Should we go get ready to pick Junho up?”

Soo Ah nods her head.

“Okay. Let’s go.”

Soo Jung takes Soo Ah’s hand and leads her to Soo Jung’s bedroom. Soo Jung lets go of Soo Ah’s hand and climbs onto the bed.

“Be careful. You might fall,” Soo Ah warns.

She looks around to look for Soo Jung’s bag or any type of bag to put in diapers and bottles. Beside the crib is a small backpack with flower patterns all over the place.

“Soo Jung,” Soo Ah starts. “Is this your backpack?”

“Yes.”

Soo Jung is jumping on the bed.

“Since we won’t be long, packing a little should be fine right,” Soo Ah asks herself.

She puts three diapers into the backpack.

“Ms. Soo Ah,” Won Sik says.

“Yes,” Soo Ah asks.

She turns around to see Won Sik standing in the doorway.

“The trip won’t be long, so you don’t have to pack anything,” he says. “Just in case, pack some diapers, and that should be fine.”

“Okay.”

Won Sik walks over to Soo Jung and picks her up from the bed.

“Soo Jung, you shouldn’t jump on the bed,” Won Sik says.

He sets her on the ground.

“Jumping on brother’s bed is bad,” he continues.

“Okay, daddy.”

“Don’t do it again.”

Soo Ah stands up with the backpack in her hands.

“I’m ready,” she says.

“Okay. I’ll tell you when we’re leaving,” Won Sik says.

Soo Jung has already run back to her toys. Won Sik walks back to the living room and sits down on the couch again. He picks up the fork and starts to eat the fruits. Soo Ah observes him from afar and notices that he looks very tired and stressed. She wants to question him if anything is bothering him, but she feels like he wouldn’t tell her anyway. 

Soo Jung runs over to Won Sik, and she throws herself into his arms.

“I want some too, daddy,” Soo Jung says.

He stabs a melon slice and feeds her. She takes it, and comes running back to her toys.

When Won Sik says it is time to go, he picks Soo Jung up and straps her into her carseat. Won Sik sits in the driver’s spot, and Soo Ah sits in the passenger’s seat. Won Sik drives them to the school, and parks at the waiting to go spot. Other cars are there as well, waiting for their children. Students are already coming out from school, and eventually Junho is out as well. He walks to the car and opens up the door to the backseat. Junho climbs in and puts his backpack on the ground. 

“How was school,” Won Sik asks.

“Great,” Junho says as he fastens his seatbelt. “I got 100% on my math test today.”

“Good for you.” Won Sik says nodding his head.

He starts driving away.

“Who is she,” Junho asks pointing to Soo Ah.

“Hi,” Soo Ah says. “I’m sure we’ve met before at the daycare center. I’m Lim Soo Ah your new nanny. I hope we get along.”

“I hope you don’t mind,” Won Sik says. “I got you and Soo Jung a nanny. Now, when I’m too busy to come get you, Ms. Lim can take my place. Why don’t you introduce yourself?”

“Hello,” Junho says. “My name is Kim Junho.”

“Hello, Mr. Junho,” Soo Ah replies.

“You can just call me Junho.”

“Okay, Junho. You speak very formal for your age.”

“Dad has taught me to always be formal with my elders.”

“Really? Good for you. Are you hungry?”

“No.”

“Well, I prepared a snack for you. You can eat it when we get home. You like fruit salads don’t you?”

“No.”

“You don’t,” Soo Ah says stunned.

“Junho,” Won Sik says stern.

“Fine,” Junho says.

Soo Ah awkwardly smiles.

 

When they reach home, Junho throws his backpack on his bed and goes to the kitchen to eat the fruit salad Soo Ah had prepared. 

“Do you like it,” Soo Ah asks.

Junho nods his head.

“Really? Tell me honestly,” Soo Ah says.

“It's good. Better than I thought it would be,” Junho replies.

“What does your dad usually give you for a snack?”

“An apple.”

“Just an apple?”

“Sometimes a banana.”

“Is that all?”

“Dad doesn't give me a lot of food to choose from.”

“Is there anything you want to eat as a snack?”

“My friends say that their mom gives them muffins as a snack. Sometimes even crackers with ham and cheese.”

“So you want that?”

“Yes.”

“What kind of muffin did you have in mind?”

“Chocolate chip.”

“I'll make sure to make you some tomorrow.”

“Will you really?”

“Of course! I'm happy to make you muffins.”

“Thank you.”

“Do you have any homework?”

“No.”

“Then you can go play after you eat.” And that’s exactly what Junho did. 

Soo Ah stays in the kitchen to see if there are any ingredients for the muffins, crackers, ham, and cheese, but she didn’t see any. Soo Ah plans to go buy some in the morning tomorrow. For the meantime, she goes to the living room to pick up the bowl of fruit that she gave Won Sik and washes the bowl. After Soo Ah is done, she walks to the living room. Won Sik is no longer at the couch, and his documents are no longer there. Soo Jung is standing in front of the table that sits in front of the couch. She is holding a marker and scribbling on a piece of white paper while Junho is sitting on the couch playing on his tablet. Soo Ah is planning to join them, but a knock on the door stops her from doing so. She goes to open the door, and a woman wearing a white dress is standing in front of her. Her hair is curled and hanging down from her left shoulder.

“This is Won Sik’s house right,” the woman asks.

“That’s right,” Soo Ah answers.

“Who are you then?”

“I’m the new nanny.”

“Oh. So he did end up choosing you.” The woman takes a step, so Soo Ah moves aside. She walks in, and Soo Ah closes the door.

“May I know who you are,” Soo Ah asks the woman.

“I’m Shin Minah, Won Sik’s girlfriend.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Lim Soo Ah.”

“Hmm.”

Minah shrugs Soo Ah off and walks to the bedrooms. Soo Ah is shocked from Minah’s actions, but she shrugs it off. Maybe that is how Minah usually acts. Soo Ah goes sit next to Junho.

“Ms. Lim,” Soo Jung says. “Draw with me.”

She hands Soo Ah a marker, and Soo Ah takes it. She sits on the ground and starts to draw with Soo Jung.

“What are you drawing,” Soo Ah asks the little girl.

“Daddy,” she says. “And this is brother,” she says, pointing to the little figure on the piece of paper.

“How cute,” Soo Ah says to herself after observing the drawing. “Good job,” she compliments Soo Jung.

Soo Jung puts the marker down and runs over to her toys. Soo Ah puts the cap back on the markers, and sits on the couch.

“What are you doing,” Soo Ah asks Junho.

“Playing games,” Junho replies.

“What kind of games?”

“Zombie games.”

“Oh. Is it fun?”

He nods his head.

“Is Ms. Shin here,” Junho asks.

“Yes.”

He doesn’t say anything else.

“Is something wrong with that,” Soo Ah asks.

“No. I just don’t like her, but dad doesn’t like it when I say that especially when she is here.”

“You shouldn’t say that in front of people you don’t like. It’s not a nice thing to do.”

“I know. I just don’t like that she’s always with dad. She never play with us.”

“She doesn’t?”

Junho shakes his head.

Maybe Junho is right. She did go straight to Won Sik’s bedroom.

“But you’ll be happy if your dad is happy right,” Soo Ah asks.

“I guess.”

“Will you get me a glass of water,” Minah asks.

Soo Ah turns her head to see Minah standing beside her.

“Sure,” Soo Ah says.

Soo Ah stands up to go to the kitchen. She grabs a cup and pours water into it before she heads back to the living room. Minah is already sitting on the spot that Soo Ah was sitting from before.

“Here you go,” Soo Ah says handing Minah the cup.

Minah takes it and drinks the water. Soo Ah notices that Junho has his back facing Minah. Minah is sitting on the edge of the couch. Neither of them are making the effort to speak to each other. Minah hands the cup back to Soo Ah, so she takes it and washes it before putting it back. Soo Ah then walks to Won Sik’s room. He is sitting at his desk looking at his laptop with the documents from earlier lying in front of the laptop.

“Sir,” Soo Ah starts. “What time is dinner?”

“Six.”

“Okay. I'll make dinner.”

“Make sure to make enough for five people.”

“Is Ms. Shin eating here too?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.”

Soo Ah heads back to the kitchen and starts making dinner. She takes out the beef, and the vegetables that she had already diced. Soo Ah also takes out a crock pot and plugs it into an outlet. As she is in the middle of doing so, Soo Jung runs up to Soo Ah and taps her on the legs.

“Ms. Lim, I made poo poo,” she says.

“You made poo poo,” Soo Ah asks. “Hold on.”

Soo Ah washes her hands and dries them before she takes Soo Jung to her room to change her diaper.

“Ms. Soo Ah,” Won Sik asks. 

“Yes!”

“Are you making dinner?”

“Yes! But I'm changing Soo Jung’s diaper!”

Won Sik walks in.

“What are you making,” he asks.

“I'm going to slow cook the beef. I'll also add vegetables on the side too, so they won't be too crunchy,” Soo Ah replies.

“I'll get it started.”

“No, it's okay.”

“If we wait for you, who knows when we'll get to eat. Finish that up, and then come finish what I start.”

“Okay.”

Won sik goes to the kitchen, and Soo Ah continues to change Soo Jung’s diaper. While Won Sik is putting everything into the crock pot, Minah walks up to him and encircles her hands on his waist.

“What are you doing,” she asks.

“Making dinner.”

“Why isn't your new maid doing it?”

“She's the new nanny not maid. She's changing Soo Jung’s diapers.”

Won Sik takes her hands off of him.

“Please don't,” Won Sik says. 

“Why not?”

“Minah, it's not like we're dating. Please don't make it look like we are.”

Won Sik goes back to work, and Minah grimaces.

“Can't you give me a chance,” she asks. “I know you're still recovering, but if you don't open up, it'll be harder for you to build a relationship.”

“I'm willing to open up,” Won Sik replies. “But right now, I'm too busy with work.”

“Even without work, are you willing to give me a chance?”

“Minah, I only see you as a friend.”

“Fine. I'll keep coming here, and I'll keep waiting for you to open up to me.”

“I'm back,” Soo Ah says. “You can go now, sir.”

“I've put everything in. You just have to set the temperature,” Won Sik says.

“Thank you.”

Won Sik washes his hands while Soo Ah turns the temperature on the crock pot. Minah is standing in the back waiting for Won Sik to finish. 

“This should be done in about an hour and a half,” Soo Ah says.

“That's fine,” Won Sik replies. “Dinner isn't until two hours.”

Won Sik walks away, and so does Minah. Soo Ah cleans up the mess, and lets the beef cook. As she waits, she goes to play with Soo Jung. They are playing with colorful blocks and stacking them up together. Soo Ah then looks up to see that Junho is still on his tablet. 

How many hours has it been? It's not good to always be on his tablet.

Soo Ah would go and turn the beef around so the meat would cook. When the beef is done, she puts the crockpot on low temperature and waits for dinner time to come. When the time did come, she cuts up the beef into two slices, and then slices that into bite size pieces for Soo Jung and Junho. She then cuts up three more slices of the beef. She places the beef onto plates and adds the vegetables and broth to the beef. Soo Ah sets the table and calls everyone to eat. 

“Soo Jung and Junho gets the plate with the cut up beef,” Soo Ah says. “Since they can't cut their own meat yet. Ms. Shin and Mr. Kim gets these plates. I fully cooked the beef since Soo Jung and Junho are still young. Incase of food poisoning, I didn't want to take the risk.”

“It looks great,” Won Sik says. “Thank you.”

“You're welcome.”

“Thank you,” Junho follows.

“You're welcome,” Soo Ah replies.

Soo Jung had already started to eat, so Junho, Won Sik, and Minah started to eat in silence.

“It's good,” Junho says after taking a bite.

“Thank you,” Soo Ah smiles widely.

“It is well cooked,” Won Sik says. “The meat is tender and very juicy.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Soo Ah stands and watches them eat.

“Are you not eating,” Won Sik asks.

“I'll eat after everyone finishes.”

“Eat with us.”

“I can?”

“Of course you can. Who says you can't?”

“Well, no one did. I just thought that it would be appropriate for me to eat after you.”

“Come eat with us. We're not that type of family.”

“Yes, sir.”

Soo Ah sets a spot for her, and she starts to eat as well. After everyone is done, Soo Ah washes the dishes and cleans up the kitchen. After that, she gives Soo Jung a bath, and puts her to bed.

“It's time to sleep,” Won Sik tells Junho. “You still have school tomorrow.”

“Okay, dad.”

“Ms. Lim will be the one to wake you up, take you to school, and pick you up from now on.“

“It won't be you anymore,” Junho asks sadly.

“No. I'm going to be at work.”

“Okay. Goodnight, daddy.”

“Goodnight.”

Soo Ah helps change Junho into his pajamas, and then tucks Junho into bed.

“I'll see you again tomorrow,” Soo Ah says softly. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, Ms. Lim.”

Soo Ah walks out and heads to the living room. Won Sik and Minah are sitting on the couch. Won Sik is once again reading the documents, and Minah is surfing through the television.

“Sir,” Soo Ah asks. “Is there anything else for me to do?”

“No. The kids are asleep. You can rest if you want. You have a long day tomorrow,” Won Sik replies.

“I want a glass of water first,” Minah says. 

“Sure.”

Soo Ah walks to the kitchen and pours a glass of water for Minah before Soo Ah goes hand it to her. Minah takes it and takes a sip. She hands the glass to Soo Ah, and Soo Ah takes it.

“Is that all,” Soo Ah asks.

“Yes,” Won Sik says stopping Minah from saying anything further. “You’re a nanny, not a maid.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Soo Ah walks to her room and sits at the desk. She opens her laptop and starts to study again for her finals. When the clock strikes nine, she goes to take a shower and comes back to study some more. When Soo Ah looks up from her computer, the time is already eleven. She walks to her doorway and notice that the lights in the living room are already turned off. Soo Ah turns her head to Won Sik’s room and sees the light on. She walks over to the room and slightly knocks on the door. Won Sik is at his laptop again, and Minah is nowhere in sight.

“Did Ms. Shin go home,” Soo Ah asks.

“Yes,” he replies, but his eyes never leave the screen.

“Are you not going to sleep yet?”

“No. I have to finish this case.”

“You’ve been reading the whole day.”

“I took a few days off, so I need to catch up on work.”

“Okay. I'm going to sleep.”

“Make sure to wake up early tomorrow to make Junho breakfast.”

“Yes, sir.”

Soo Ah goes to the bedroom assigned to her and climbs in bed. She takes out her phone and sets her alarm to five in the morning. Soo Ah lies down and stares at the ceiling. It is so weird for her to be sleeping in someone else's house. She is used to sleeping in the dorms and sleeping at her father's house. However, she falls asleep eventually.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Was this update too long? Did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments.

Shoutout and thank you to: Haniezarha      littleshrubby       TedEBear    for subscribing already. You guys are the best!!

Another shoutout to TedEBear  for commenting. Thank you!! ^^