I picked him up from a store, literally [Part 2]

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

13,304w

editing this because i hate myself

stay safe Inspirits 

 

 

“Hyungsik.” Woohyun states in dry tone. He tries to school his expression to unbothered one, so that the unknown man won’t pick up the tremor he’s having.

 “I see that you still remember my name.” The unknown man, now Hyungsik, grins. He brushes invincible dust off his arm. The man stand with such grace as if he owns the world. His jet black hair slicked to the back, infatuating his demeaning handsome visual.

Woohyun grips onto the hem of his (originally Sunggyu's) sweater tightly. His right hand clasps over his phone in the front pocket of the sweater. He thinks of calling Sunggyu. It's not that hard. He just need to press 1. The human has set up his number as Woohyun's speed dial number. But then he remembers that it's better to exclude Sunggyu from this. After all, the man can't possibly be any match to the creature standing in front of him.

A vampire. A pure blood.

Vampire alone is already far more strong than mere human. Pure blood? A complete suicide.

“What do you want from me? I'm not going back to the manor!” Woohyun exclaims sternly, although he's aware to not be careless and lose control in the public. It has been so long since the last time he did.

“Aww don't be so uptight. I'm just here visiting my nephew.” Hyungsik says, in sickly sweet tone, which Woohyun knows best not to fall for. The man, as Woohyun has known of, is full of trick. Wicked trick.

Nephew. Woohyun scoffs spitefully. “Speak your intention. I don't have time to spare for you.”

Hyungsik's smirk grows wider. “Why? So you can go running back to that filthy human?” He says victoriously, his pride fuelled further by Woohyun's shock expression. He knows he has hit a target.

“How do you--”

“How do I know?” Hyungsik interrupts, seeming undisturbed by Woohyun's menacing stare. “Do you think that rat would have found the shop by himself?” He taunts, watching Woohyun's expression morphed again, now to an unreadable one.

Woohyun guesses it immediately. He can feel the rush of blood coursing through the veins in his ears, numbing his sense. “You ... what did you do to Sunggyu?!”

Hyungsik chuckles. He ing chuckles at Woohyun. “Well, whatever you’re thinking right now is true.” He says, walking forwards, so that their distance decrease. “He's so easy to manipulate. I only had to feed to his curiousity… and then bam!” He shows an exaggeration reaction with his hands, “He's freed you.”

Hyungsik had made that Sunggyu would have found the shop that day. He had created doubt and a bit of curiousity and feeding those into the loneliness in the guy's heart with the help from the Wiccan. He had also cleared the land so that nothing would have derived Sunggyu from falling into his trick. The guy is foolishly brave. Hyungsik had presented him as sacrifice to the supposedly ravenous vampire-lycan. He had hoped Woohyun would have drain the filthy human the moment he was freed and woke the beast in him up, but alas, that didn't happen. He should’ve known his too-kind-hearted nephew won’t resort to their basic instinct that easily.

“Stay. Away. From. Him.” Woohyun grits out. His jaws locked, nostrils flaring. “Don't you even dare land a finger on him.” He spits out threat, eyes firing in Hyungsik's direction.

Hyungsik knows best not to challenge the strongest vampire-lycan ever existed, but that doesn't mean he'll stop pushing him to the limit. After all, that was his mission - to rile Woohyun up, to the point of no returning. Hyungsik is putting his own life at stake, because he knows Woohyun is more than capable to rip him off in one try. Yes, Woohyun is that strong. But he also aware of the fact that Woohyun wouldn't hurt him. Not anyone in fact. Because the vampire-lycan is far too kind-hearted. Contrariwise his true nature - a predator.

If he needs more push, then a push is what Hyungsik is going to give him.

“I won't hurt him.” Hyungsik says, chuckling, “but how about you?” He his eyebrow.

“What do you mean?”

“It's almost time isn't it? To your 100 years period?”

“And what about that?” Woohyun challenges back. Unwilling to appear rile up at the mare's nest he's having.

“Are you sure you won't attack him?”

“I wouldn't.”

“Ohho. How can our prince be so sure?”

Woohyun's skin prickles. He hates the term more than anything. If anything, the word reminds him to the manor the most, and he ing hates that place. “I can live fine without drinking human's blood. I haven't taste a drop in my life.” Woohyun spouts certainly. It's true. All he had before was animal's blood. That The Council had prepared for him specifically during the time he was under their care. He had been feed twice in his life. So he's certain he'll go through the third phase just fine.

Hyungsik tuts few times, as if he's pitying Woohyun. “You poor sweet innocent thing.” He circles Woohyun in lazy, mocking steps.

Woohyun stills in his stand. Refused to feed to Hyungsik's ego even more. Hyungsik stops when the circle is completed and he's standing in front of him again. The vampire lifts his hand to hold Woohyun's chisel jaws in place. His intention is to observe Woohyun's irises' colour. He smiles when he's sure of what he's looking at.

“You're already changing.” He states. Watching Woohyun's pupils shrinking in confusion. He lets Woohyun's face go, and the vampire-lycan takes a step back.

“Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you have in your mind.” Woohyun growls.

“Nephew mine, you have taste human's blood before.” Hyungsik says in shrilly voice. Seeing Woohyun's crumbled expression satiates his sick self.

“How? Do you want to know how?” Hyungsik asks without waiting for his nephew to ask them himself. The vampire wickedly smiles. He's won this argument. He just knew it. Woohyun's silence is a trophy to his victory. “Well, I made someone mixed your last serving century ago with human's blood. You know. Just to give your taste palate a taste of true meal.”

“You sick bastard.” Woohyun shouts. He feels like vomiting after knowing he had drank human blood a century ago. He didn't notice the betrayal since the dish was masked with the smell from the animal's blood. No wonder he was unsatisfied back then, but he had managed to constrict himself from drinking another blood meal.

Woohyun is aware of the fact that once a vampires has taste human's blood, the thirst for it would manifest and engrave in his genes in no time - making him craves for the taste again. And blood craving for vampire is not something to be taken lightly. The moment he tastes it again, the moment he gives in to his instinct, he won't be able to stop. The predator in him won't stop. That was his curse.

And for Woohyun who hasn't taste it for almost a century, he wouldn't be able to even recognise himself once the bloodthirst creature taking over, let alone people around him. Let alone Sunggyu...

He has to get away from Sunggyu.

 

 

“I’m home.” Sunggyu announces with slightly loud voice as he enters the house. A smile pasted on his face, knowing what’s, or more precisely, who’s going to greet him. The front light flickers on as the sensor sense him. He pulls the shoes off and puts it in the shoe rack. A full minute goes by with nothing happen. No greeting. No quick hug. No Woohyun.

Now this is weird. Usually, Sunggyu would have been greeted with a reply of ‘welcome home’ from Woohyun by now, (with a brief hug on a side) but today he can’t help but notice there’s no one waiting for him at all.

“Woohyunnie?” Sunggyu calls again, and he is met with another silence.

Sunggyu enters the dark living room and switches on the light. This hasn’t happen since before Woohyun came. Woohyun would always, always ignite all the light switches in the house, and waiting for him with warm dinner on the table. But now, not even a sniff of meal is in the air. So Sunggyu is certain Woohyun hasn't been cooking anything. There are plastics filled with groceries on the table, Woohyun has forgotten to put the frozen food in the chiller. He has never forget to do that before. Which, once again, unusual.

Sunggyu is sure Woohyun is at home, because his shoes is scattered at the front door. Woohyun has building a liking in wearing sneaker, and would often wear the one Sunggyu bought him, anytime, everywhere. (Sunggyu bought him two, but Woohyun said he's keeping one for special occasion.) (Sunggyu doesn't know what it is for.)

This isn't right. Woohyun has always been so eager to greet him immediately when he's coming home from work, or running errand (although Sunggyu would rarely left him alone if he's running an errand.) So for not having the vampire-lycan waiting up for him is not a normal occasion. Because, if Sunggyu’s to quote Woohyun's own word, (“I'd been alone for some multitudinous time already that I never want to be alone again. And you're my greatest friend I have so far, I want to be with you all the time.”)

All the time..

Sure, it was scary and overwhelming to hear such words for the first time. Not because Woohyun is a monster or anything. Because honestly Sunggyu has stopped thinking of him as one since the first week they spent time together. It's just that, for a loner Sunggyu, he isn't sure if he's able to keep up a relationship, or more precisely, a friendship, with Woohyun out of all people. But he's willing to give it a try. So he did. And he doesn’t regret it.

Sunggyu thinks that having Woohyun as a companion is not even half bad. Not once has Sunggyu been lonely with Woohyun by his side. Woohyun is not even as clingy as Sunggyu has initially thought of him. He’s pretty independent. Sometimes Sunggyu feels like he's getting much more benefit in this relationship than Woohyun does. At first, he felt burdened with having an extra mouth to feed but as time passed by, Woohyun’s appetite decreased gradually. He eats as much Sunggyu eats now. So money quickly becoming no hassle for Sunggyu. Sunggyu can afford living with Woohyun. He likes living with Woohyun.

Woohyun behaves politely, he cleans the house and he’s oddly nice (for a murderous creature.) Meanwhile in return, Sunggyu would provide them in the term of money supply, buying Woohyun his necessities (and craves) and sometimes helping with the chores. He cooks too sometimes but Woohyun doesn’t like Sunggyu’s cooking much, saying it taste like bland paper. Naturally, Woohyun has been taking charge of cooking in the house for both of them. He'll do the breakfast and dinner, because Sunggyu doesn't come home for lunch. Although Woohyun would sometimes pack him food for lunch, usually comes from their breakfast leftover. Sunggyu doesn't mind it. Not even a bit. Sunggyu just let him because he thinks Woohyun cooks well. (Woohyun’s soft tofu stew is his favourite.) And it's nice to have someone taking care of his meals. He feels loved.

In the weekend, they would go out playing. Sunggyu would take Woohyun to anywhere he desires. As appreciation token for all his hard works. And also because Sunggyu feels like spoiling Woohyun with things he'd never experienced before. He has never said it but he also has his own share of happiness in going out with Woohyun. Giving and taking back in the nicest way. Sunggyu takes Woohyun to beach once. Which seems to be a good choice because Woohyun seems to like the sea a lot. He ran along the seashore like an excited puppy, laughing loudly while running. But doing so depleted his breath quickly, so he soon collapsed to the wet sand, with smile plastered on his face; exhausted but euphoric. Sunggyu trailed off his tail with lazy step, smiling from ear to ear. Sunggyu treated Woohyun to ice cream later, learning then that the sweet dessert is Woohyun’s favourite as well. Woohyun seems to have many favourite. Sunggyu doesn’t mind granting him his wishes. The euphoria feelings are mutual for both of them. Sunggyu realizes that he depends on Woohyun as much as Woohyun does with him.

Sunggyu strides over the now well lighten room to reach the bedroom after he's finished cleaning the table – to his bedroom, which Woohyun has been crashing in lately, saying the couch is too uncomfortable for his rusty bones and Sunggyu lets him make place in the room.

Although they have been sleeping in the same room, they sleep in their respective area on the bed; Woohyun sleeps on the left side and Sunggyu on the right side with barrier of pillows in between them. There have been few accidents of them waking up snuggling in the morning with the barrier between squished flat, because Woohyun is a snuggle bug and would always find his way to Sunggyu's side every morning.

Sunggyu, in the past, has tried to pry such accidents as normal things between friends in the morning after few times waking up encapsulated in Woohyun's hug. (A strong one, he can't get out without waking up the vampire-lycan.) He has played the oblivious card a lot. Saying it's totally acceptable now to snuggle with best friend, which is true in a sense, but a bit awkward for them whom have just been friends for few months. At least to Sunggyu it is, Because Woohyun is a bit expressive in showing his emotions, (totally unexpected) and saying he likes cuddling with Sunggyu, so he never showing remorse for it; waking up entangling in each other limbs he means.

Sometimes, when they watch TV together, Woohyun would hug Sunggyu's hand, treating it like a pillow or if they're watching horror/thriller movie, hiding behind Sunggyu. Which is kind of funny because he's a monster as well but afraid of horror movies. Sunggyu doesn't know who he's trying to convince of. Woohyun or himself when he's making all the excuses he could come up with. Because maybe he likes things like that more than he's willing to admit.

Nowadays, Woohyun would even blatantly hug Sunggyu on the bed, even before they both drifted off asleep and let out a happy sigh when he’s done, so Sunggyu can't deny him. Not even bothering with setting up the pillows barrier anymore. Making it's harder for Sunggyu to relinquish the flummox thought he's having. Of course the insensible Nam Woohyun is oblivious to the turmoil Sunggyu is having with his action. The poor human is having a hard time falling asleep because of the little monster. And it's not solely because the horns keep on poking him on the chin, scrapping it sometimes. (He has blisters all over his lower face.) Totally not that.

Sunggyu opens the door to the bedroom only to revealing Woohyun curled up in ball position on the bed. The vampire-lycan is whimpering lowly like he’s in pain. Worry etches into Sunggyu’s heart instantly seeing Woohyun’s vulnerable state.

“Woohyun.” Sunggyu says softly as not to startle the man on the bed much as he walks towards him when the man doesn't move a muscle. When Sunggyu stands next to him, he can finally see the droplets of sweat scattering on Woohyun's pale face. It’s the first time Sunggyu seeing the vampire-lycan looking so defeated. His heart tugs in his chest wrenchingly, actually feeling emphatic at the smaller guy before even knowing the reason why. The bed sink as Sunggyu sits next to Woohyun carefully, his hand automatically goes up to his forehead, to test on Woohyun's temperature. Can vampire even get sick? Sunggyu wonders as he feels Woohyun's skin burning up under his touch. His temperature is rising a tad bit compared to his usual. And Sunggyu doesn’t know whether that’s a good thing for a vampire-lycan.

Sunggyu touches Woohyun's shoulder and shakes it off softly. “Woohyun, wake up.” He says, after Woohyun's whimpering again for the second time since Sunggyu stepping into the room. Probably he's having a nightmare.

Woohyun has never gotten a nightmare before.

Sunggyu shakes his shoulder with more vigour than before, “Woohyun-ah.” He calls again with a soft voice.

The vampire-lycan stirs and his eyes flutter open a second later, taking in the surrounding. He whimpers softly, feeling the harsh light entering his focusing eyes. When he takes in Sunggyu figures next to him, he scoots closer, and hugs the lower bottom of the human, burying his face on the clothed flesh, wordlessly. Sunggyu's clothes are cold, but he's the warmest thing in the room at the moment. Woohyun has never felt this relief seeing Sunggyu's face after a long day of the said guy absent. He snuggles closer to the human. “You're back.” He sighs. “Welcome home.”

Sunggyu is taken aback by the sudden affection, but if one thing prominent of the vampire-lycan's personality, he's more of the cuddler type amongst them. But this is the first time Woohyun looking so sullen when he's nothing but a ball of sunshine in the daily basis. His robbed childhood has retained that naiveté aspect in him still. And Sunggyu, who has been void of any human (or little monster like Woohyun) interaction for about a year or more, is more than willing to accept the all aspect of Woohyun. Even his clinginess side right now.

Sunggyu buries his right hand in the soft strands of hair next to his thigh. With how Woohyun lying down at the moment, his face is much hidden, leaving only the mob of brown-ish hair to Sunggyu's view. It seems to be getting reddish as day passes in Sunggyu's opinion, but perhaps that's just his fraction of imagination. Sunggyu's slender fingers lost their ways into the heavy strands, playing with the scalp lightly. Woohyun seems to like the gesture a lot, he lets out an appreciative hum.

“What happened hm?” Sunggyu asks, after mulling over the question for few times in his head. If Woohyun didn't want to answer it, Sunggyu won't probe on the matter further.

Woohyun lifts his face at the question and look at Sunggyu with sad expression. He diverts his eyes waywardly, looking anxious. The bite on the lip doesn't go pass Sunggyu's attention. If any, it tempts the human to release the flesh from the abuse of the sharp canine.

“You can't tell me?” Sunggyu guesses. Woohyun's eyes find his at the question and the vampire-lycan nods idly. “It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want.” Sunggyu assures the man.

Woohyun's eyes flutter shut at the words. He shifts closer and tightens his hold on Sunggyu's hips. It's not like he can tell Sunggyu about the manor, or Hyungsik, or the truth of his curse. None of that falls under the section of thing he can whine about to Sunggyu. He doesn't want to trouble the human. Or worse, frightens him. He doesn't wish any malice for Sunggyu. The human has been so kind to him. Not only he's been so generous on letting him stay, or feed him. Sunggyu has been everything to Woohyun. His friend. His companion. His answer. Finding solace in Sunggyu has always been likened to easing himself into lukewarm water after a long cold day - calming, soothing and fitting right at home. Woohyun doesn't want to end that. Not yet anyway.

Woohyun has all wards of word fusing in his brain but, “Sorry,” is what stumble out from his rosy lips after. Contrary from the grey-ish colour that spread over the thick lips when the first time Sunggyu has seen him, Woohyun's lips has been taking a warmer tone each day, alongside with every patch of his skin tone. His skin is now on a warmer brown tone rather than sickly pale as before. It's like he's getting more human-ish(?) But that can't be possible.

“It's okay. Have you eaten yet?” Sunggyu doubts the vampire-lycan had, he just wanted to confirm it.

“No.” Woohyun's voice sounds muffled by Sunggyu's thigh. He lifts his face to look at the human again, with droopy eyes and slight frown on his face. “I'm not in the mood to cook. I'm sorry Gyu.”

Sunggyu chuckles. He drops his hand to a side. Of course Woohyun wouldn't eat yet. He hates eating alone and now he seems to be out of mood, it's understandable. “How about we buy chicken for dinner?” Sunggyu muses with a smile decorating his face, knowing exactly the consequences of even daring to bring up Woohyun's favourite meal into surface. Yet he’s more than willing to take the risk of falling into poverty. If it’s all for Woohyun.

Woohyun's eyes lit up at the mention of his favourite food. Being in sour mood or not. Chicken will always be his priority. Next to Sunggyu of course.

“Do you like that? We can get ice cream after if you want.” Sunggyu suggests next with a bigger smile.

“Eung. I'd love that. Thank you.” Woohyun says appreciatively, feeling a lot better than before. A smile creeps its way to Woohyun's face too. This is why Sunggyu would always be special to him. The man knows what exactly he needed in every situation and wouldn't force him into doing something he despise. Sunggyu would let Woohyun making his own decision. Sunggyu has offer Woohyun what he most crave in his companion - trust, solace and choice. Nothing sort of what his parents, or The Council had ever done.

”Anything for you Woohyunnie.”

 

 

Woohyun's eyes are tightly close and Sunggyu is leaning his body against Woohyun.

Woohyun is cold, and the human is overly warm, probably due to the black hoodie he's wearing (he never learned his lesson.) The vampire-lycan wants to eat lunch at the park today. (“The weather today is too nice to spend inside,” he says.)

Sunggyu never object. Not to Woohyun.

Actually, Woohyun is the one who's leaning towards him more than Sunggyu does. At one point, Woohyun has gotten so cosy he's drifted off sleeping. And Sunggyu, being so feeble with the little monster, is letting him using his shoulder as his unofficial pillow.

Sunggyu honestly doesn't know if this can be considered as picnic. They do bring some food and drink out. Sunggyu has prepared some egg and cress sandwiches, because apparently, according to Woohyun, the only recipe Sunggyu can make without turning it into something inedible. Plus, it's easy to make, and Woohyun still hasn't gotten back to his old self. (Or at least to the kind of self Sunggyu has known of him.) One thing Sunggyu has noticed though, that Woohyun is getting clingier in those 24 collective hours. Not that Sunggyu is complaining. It's just.... odd.

Sunggyu plays with Woohyun's forehead, which head is currently resting on his lap. Woohyun is awake now. But he just staring at Sunggyu without saying nothing. Sunggyu grows hot under the intense stare eventually. It's not always that Woohyun would look at him like he's about to eat him. (Sunggyu should've been concern of this right?) In fact, he has never looked at him like that before. Like he has abundance thing he has in his mind, but could say none. He's keeping secret from Sunggyu. And the man couldn't help but feel left out, and maybe a little sad. That he isn't worth to know what has been bothering the vampire-lycan so much.

Sunggyu nudges his palm on Woohyun's cheek playfully. “Why are you looking at me like that?” He conjures up a half joking half honest question. Because the silence staring is starting to churn his inside. And he wants to give name to this feeling.

Woohyun doesn't answer his question immediately, instead he captures Sunggyu's hand that has been pushing his cheek so adamantly, poking his dimple, and opts to squeeze it. Sunggyu squeezes back, and smiles like he has something in his mouth. Woohyun is tempted to bring the head down and maybe poke his tongue into the said mouth. He swallows his imagination and darts his gaze to Sunggyu's eyes instead, staring at the almond eyes, then deeper, into the brown irises, and decides that he'll totally misses all of these.

“Gyu, what would you do if I suddenly disappear?” Woohyun sees Sunggyu's face crumbles down and swallows his own disquietude. “Would you look for me?”

Sunggyu tugs on his hand that is in Woohyun's but the vampire-lycan wouldn't allow it. He sighs dejectedly. “Would I sound crazy if I say yes?”

Woohyun can't help but feeling happy at the answer. “Yes.” He whispers.

“Why? Would you leave me one day?” Sunggyu silently asks, he feels like he's walking on the eggshells around Woohyun by asking that.

Woohyun diverts his eyes elsewhere, and it falls to their still clasping hands, and he heaves out a heavy sigh. “I don't want to.”

“What do you mean by that?” There's a hint of anxious in Sunggyu's tone. Why? They aren't a couple. Why would Sunggyu be so upset of the matter? Is it really about his loneliness even at this point? Or is it something deeper?

Woohyun lets Sunggyu's hand go and sits up. He turns so that they would face each other. He cups Sunggyu's cheeks with both his hands. “Gyu, you like me too right?” There, he has asked the exact question that they have both have been avoiding all these time while staring into Sunggyu's dilated pupils. “I'm not crazy.” He mutters slowly.

Sunggyu's irises running down Woohyun's face confusedly at the sudden question, but then it settles on Woohyun's lips. He breathes in the confirmation and his eyes find Woohyun's again. His head is finally at ease. This feeling finally has name. “Maybe I do.” He whispers back, smiling.

Woohyun smiles, for the first time since yesterday. His mouth then finds Sunggyu's in the matter of second before any of them can register what has happened. The kiss feels warm. Sunggyu's lips are warm.

Sunggyu is always warm.

Woohyun pulls back to say this, “Close your eyes.”

Sunggyu does and Woohyun kisses him again. And he feels like floating. He tries to open his eyes but Woohyun's tongue is poking on his lips, and then into his open mouth.

 

 

“Hyung.” Sungyeol calls the man who soul seems not to be with him at the moment.

“Hyung! Sunggyu hyung!” He raises his voice up, accompany by touching the shoulder of the said man, successfully startling him. Not that it’s Sungyeol’s fault in any way. He has tried to get his attention since forever.

The said man turns his head to look at the direction of his boss, still in daze. “Huh?”

“What happened hyung? Are you okay?”

Sunggyu blinks then rubs his neck. “Sorry Sungyeol. Something at home has been bothering me.”

Sungyeol’s face turns from frown to worry. “Why? Did anything happened to your family?

Sunggyu immediately denies that. “Ah no. It’s not that. Just small thing really.” He stresses out, but both of them know that Sunggyu wouldn’t be looking so lost if it was really small thing at home. But Sungyeol knows not to force Sunggyu into telling him anything that he might not be comfortable sharing with.

Sungyeol doesn’t look all-convinced but he drops the conversation once he sees the look on Sunggyu’s face. “If you say so then.”

Sunggyu nods all too weakly before he averts his eyes to the door for a quick second, just to have an excuse to not looking into the doe eyes straight, or else he might have spill everything that has been bothering him inside. Last night, Sunggyu has found a little to no sleep at all. The human has been worrying all night, with all how Woohyun was behaving and whatnot. The vampire-lycan was only looking energetic enough to eat, then he was back to his solemn sad self. Which to Sunggyu, is worrying. Very much. Sunggyu has spent most of the night thinking hard of plan to bring back happy Woohyun to the surface, because honestly, having Woohyun by his side makes his life less than usual.

Sunggyu is in dire need to talk to someone, just someone that he can share with, but he knows he couldn’t tell anyone about Woohyun. It’s too dangerous. After all, Sungyeol has thought that they were cousins. No cousin would be so worked up thinking about their cousin at work. He shifts to look at Sungyeol again, once he’s sure he’s acting casual enough not to drag another suspicion from Sungyeol. He clears his throat once, “Anyway, why are you calling me? Is there anything you want me to do?”

“Oh yeah.” Sungyeol exclaims, “hyung, I’m going to close the store for a week. I have planned to do a renovation to this place, plus I will be going to a vacation with my family in the meantime too. So you don’t have to come to work. Treat this as your annual breaks hyung.” Sungyeol smiles.

Sunggyu is stunned by the unexpected news. He remembers Sungyeol has occasionally talk about doing renovation to the place. What a fortune it is to be this week that Sungyeol has decided to execute the plan.

Not knowing of the plan beforehand almost didn’t offend Sunggyu at all, because this is exactly what he needed at the moment. He has been thinking quite a few believable reasons to take off his work for at least 3 days. He wishes to take Woohyun out. Unknowingly Sungyeol has just make a huge favour to him. It's like the gift has been bestowed from the above.

Sunggyu can’t hide his apparent happiness. ”Really? Thank you so much Sungyeol.” He grips his boss hands in thankfulness and shakes them excitedly.

Sungyeol just plays along, chuckling. “You’re welcome hyung.”

 

 

When Sunggyu wakes up the next morning with Woohyun once again snuggling on him, hugging him so tight it's impossible to break free, Sunggyu spends a shameless one hour to stare at Woohyun's sleeping face, thing that he admittedly has done excessively for as long as they have been sleeping together. Of course it has to be done without Woohyun's awareness. Sunggyu will be damned if Woohyun to know his secret. Sunggyu himself is having difficulty sorting out his own feeling. He doesn't need to be questioned by the curious Woohyun over and over again. (There's huge possibility that he'll blow off his own cover. No doubt.)

Woohyun's dull horns keeps on poking Sunggyu's chin whenever he stirs around, and his sharp cold nose would scrape every sensitive part on his neck and also under his jaws repeatedly, making the poor human shivers every now and then.

Sunggyu shifts carefully as not to disturb the sleeping guy. He takes a shower and begin to ponder, trying to gauging Woohyun’s reaction when he finally told him that he has a week off. Woohyun would be so happy. Sunggyu smiles, brushing his teeth more vigorously.

***

“Let’s go out.” Sunggyu blurts out that night when they are having dinner – soft tofu stew and jokbal with side dishes.

Woohyun tilts his head up at the suggestion and brings the chopsticks away from his mouth, biting into the jokbal slowly. “When?”

Sunggyu smiles so elatedly, he can barely control himself. “Tomorrow.” He’s waiting for Woohyun’s reaction. He knows Woohyun would be surprised. Tomorrow is Monday after all. An odd day to go out since Sunggyu only has off days on Sundays.

Woohyun stuffs a spoon of rice into his mouth. “Don’t you have to work?” He asks between chewing, confused.

“No I don’t.” Sunggyu says, trying not to look like he’s enjoying this too much. “I’m having a break from work.”

“But tomorrow’s Monday?”

“Yea. But I can go out tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after.” Sunggyu sings

Please log in to read the full chapter