The terror of flying.

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter
Before you guys start reading, I just want to clarify that I have zero knowledge of boarding any plane. Keep that in mind, if you find any oddity present.  Secondly, just pretend there's no headphone/earphone provided on the plane. Just for the sake of the story. Enjoy~ Oh and this story is actually short. Like short short. 2,081 words.

 

 

" no, please don't." Woohyun mutters to himself. He keeps on rummaging his bag for the certain item he's been looking for since 2 minutes ago but the thing is nowhere to be found. "! No no no!" He tries looking harder, almost, almost tearing the bag apart but his action proves to be fruitless. He sighs in defeat, and slouching his body on the chair and closes his eyelids off. Frustrated. At himself especially. How can he be so reckless. He left his earphones at home! Now he can't help but be nervous at the slightest movement from the plane. 

Let's just hope this flight will be smooth sailing. Finger crossed. 

It's not even 5 minutes after and Woohyun already feels the withdrawal symptoms crawling in. He tries to shut his eyes off but that doesn't help in elaborate period. He knows there'll be at least another 5 hours before they landed and the thought just managed to scare him off further. Why did he thinks it's such a good idea to travel alone when he has height fright. He's freaking stupid. 

Woohyun is 2 seconds closer to scream his head off wanting the plane to land immediately, (really he's already imagined the situation in his head and it doesn't look that much promising) when a finger pokes into his bicep. Woohyun's eyes flutter open and a curious face make it into the frame of his sight. 

It's the passenger next to him that Woohyun has greeted briefly earlier when they boarded the plane. Now the same man is looking at him, actually examining him. Woohyun straightens his back, feeling slight uncomfortable from the stare. "Yes?" Woohyun asks, when the other man doesn't look like he's going to start talking any sooner. 

"You okay?" The man asks and Woohyun is slightly taken aback at the sudden question. 

"Um- I think so?" Woohyun sputters in daze. Does he looks not okay? Probably.

"I'm sorry. Don't take me wrong." The man smiles assuringly but Woohyun is still being skeptical. Why is this man suddenly talk to him?

"I'm Sunggyu." The man, Sunggyu, holds his hand out. Woohyun accepts it awkwardly. They shake hands in a very awkward way and part hands shortly.

"I'm Woohyun." Woohyun says.

"I don't mean to be rude, but you look like you need help." Sunggyu prods afterwards. Woohyun is about to deny, but Sunggyu cuts him before he could say a thing. "I have a brother, who has always afraid of height, and he can't fly alone without anyone to assist him. You remind me to him. Do you have the same problem?" 

Woohyun wants to shake his head, he knows he is so needing help but his pride is prohibiting himself from admit defeat to a stranger and easily telling him his weakness. What if this guy is actually trying to kidnap him or something and would use his weakness as blackmailing method. But then Woohyun thinks, how can one use height fright as blackmail method, unless Woohyun willingly follow him to a high place. And Woohyun knows he can be stupidly naive sometimes and believing one too easily. But not today. Besides how higher can they be when they are already thousand feets in the air. Unless, this guy is about to hijack the plane. Which can't be true.

Woohyun snorts to himself after realizing how stupid his brain sounds at the moment. There's no way this small-eyed guy would do such thing. He's looking too soft to be a villain. 

When the time Woohyun snaps from his reverie, he realizes he's left Sunggyu's question hanging far too long that now it feels awkwardly weird to answer. It's a relief Sunggyu looks exceptionally patient waiting for his answer. 

"Yea-h. I'm not that good with height." Woohyun spouts in fluster manner.

"I thought so." Sunggyu says smugly, looking proud that he's right then he snaps back into his caring mode. "What are you looking for earlier? Is it your medicine?" 

"Ah- no." Woohyun scratches the back of his head, "I'm looking for my earphones, I left them at home. Usually whenever I boarded plane, I'll just use them to block the noise away and sleep right after. But now that I left them, I can't seem to drift off sleeping." Woohyun finishes with sheepish smile. "I was careless."

Sunggyu nods a few times, dawning Woohyun's words in but then he startles in realization, "Ah, you can have mine." Sunggyu says and he shifts aside to rummage on his backpack. 

"Ah no no it's okay. You don't have to do that." Woohyun says, rejecting the sudden kindness act. It'a a bit overwhelming to receive help from a stranger whom he barely talk to. 

Sunggyu beholds a smile on his face and shrugs off. "It's fine. Here." He holds the item out and Woohyun is contemplating. 

Woohyun purses his lips and continously changing his gaze from Sunggyu and the item in hi

Please log in to read the full chapter