Hold on me.

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

2,923 words.

Basically member's pov being Woogyu's 3rd wheeler, but Sungjong specifically.

Also, stream Hold on me guys!! This is written while listening to it, hence the title. Please give Hold on me a lots of love.

 

 

It’s not an anomaly for Sungjong to sleep late every day. More so when you’re an idol who would always has late finished schedule. Sungjong is fine with it. He’s used to it to say the least.

But, having an uninvited guest late at night, like way late at night, when he is ready to go to bed is not something he would willingly looking up to. More or less when he open the door to the soaking wet hyung he knows for over more than 10 years now.

Sungjong can’t help the sigh unfurls from his lips. Knowing well the reason behind this. He stops the man in front of him with a show of his palm, stopping the man from reasoning his impromptu visit. He needs not to listen to know. Oh he ing knows why.

“Hold on hyung. Let me get you a towel before you coming into my house wetting my floor.”

The man at the threshold smiles apologetically, rubbing his cold arms. “Thanks jongie-ah. I’m sorry for showing up like this.”

Sungjong sighs again. “It’s okay. Just- wait a bit.” The younger man says and leaves the man to fetch him a towel to dry himself up before he catches fever. Sungjong knows how weak the man can get against cold. Which brings back to the question, why is his hyung wet from the rain when he knows he could easily get sick.

When he comes back with a thick towel in his hand, his hyung has already strips off his wet socks and also his outer jacket, leaving only his thin undershirt. He shakes his head seeing the frown playing on the small-faced man. They must have fight again.

“Hyung, here.” He hands the towel over.

Woohyun startles a bit as Sungjong calls out him. It’s clear his mind has travelled far away the second before Sungjong approaches him. He smiles thinly and mouthed thanks. He receives the towel from Sungjong and stares at it for a second, like he doesn’t want to make a move from the place. Notwithstanding his own wet condition and all.

“Hyung, just go change in the bathroom. I’ll take care of your wet clothes. Just take my clothes if you want to change. It’s in the dryer.”

Woohyun nods without saying anything. He’s thankful that his friend doesn’t ask much. He’s not ready to talk about it. Not yet.

His own phone couldn’t be thanks to the heavy rain. Although, for now, he’s thankful for it. Tomorrow, is another day to be worried for.

Sungjong picks the wet clothing material from the floor and brings them to the dirty hamper in his laundry room. He picks a rag towel and wipes where the water from the before clothes dripping on the place. Honestly, the bit moment reminds him of when they still lived together and he would often be assigned to do this kind of thing. Instead of harbouring a hard feeling towards all the memories, he rather misses those moments. When they were still together and didn’t need much reason to hang out. But now, with how busy everyone is, it’s almost impossible to meet outside work anymore. He kinda miss doing this kind of thing.

After finishing his monologue and task, Sungjong walks to the kitchen to boil water. He reckons Woohyun hyung would need a hot drink afterwards. It’s nice to have his hyung with him tonight.

 

As the tea seeps into the boiled water, turning the clear water cloudy after a few seconds, Woohyun walks into the space with a towel drapes over his brownish hair. The man smiles thinly as he sees his younger friend looking so focused on the tea he’s making. Woohyun walks closer and sits on of the vacant seat.

Sungjong picks his head up at the sound and letting out a “oh hyung.”

“I’ve taken a bath. I hope you don’t mind.”

Sungjong shakes his head and smiles warmly. “Of course not Woohyun hyung.”

Woohyun smiles back, but it’s painful to watch. Sungjong clears his throat, watching Woohyun’s reaction and reckons the man is ready for a small talk, which is a relief. His hyung has bubbly-like personality on the outside, when inside, he’s a reserved man and always keep his problem to himself. Sungjong is not one to pry into one’s life whenever he can. But with Woohyun, it’s different. Sungjong cares about him deeply, even more than the other members. His Woohyun hyung tends to get hurt easily but likes to brush his pain off whenever people ask him. He’s just like that. Sungjong hates that the most about him.

“Where were you going in the rain hyung? Why don’t you take your Bentley?”

Woohyun plays with the hem of Sungjong’s shirt that he has borrowed. Sungjong is bit thinner than him but the shirt fits him well enough. “Um, nowhere. I just felt like walking tonight.”

“And you decided to come here without taking your car? In this kind of weather?”

Woohyun bites his bottom lip, guilty. He picks his head, feigning a smile. “I just missed you so much.”

“Without telling me first?” Sungjong holds his hand that rested on his thigh. “Did you fight again with Sunggyu hyung?”

Woohyun averts his eyes elsewhere, which means Sungjong is totally right. He didn’t know him just yesterday to not know all his behaviour. It’s a futile effort to even lie to the younger man. He may have been the maknae in the group, but he’s a lot more mature than he appears to be. He’s being the shoulder Woohyun has had borrowed for the past 10 years whenever he needed. They are more than Tom and Jerry they portray to the public.

“You can tell me hyung. You know I’m always here for you.”

Woohyun shifts his head again to look into Sungjong’s waiting eyes. Woohyun’s eyes is glassy at the moment, only waiting for the right moment for the dam to break.

“He says he’s leaving for the army Sungjong-ah.” Woohyun’s voice brittle. “I-I didn’t know how to react, so I ran away. And I came here straight.”

Sungjong nods understandingly. He’s already aware of the news. In fact, all of the other members have known. All except Woohyun.

According to Sunggyu, Woohyun would not accept it well and he would act out. He wanted to find the suitable time to break the news to the man, and seeing how he showed up at Sungjong’s door tonight, the plan really didn’t go well. Sunggyu hyung is right after all. The only person who will take it so bad personally over the news would be Woohyun.

(Sungjong is sure as hell that Sunggyu hyung is looking for Woohyun hyung frantically at the given moment.)

Woohyun has breaking down from the moment he told Sungjong the reason for their fight. He sobs silently, staring into his laps without saying anymore words. And Sungjong knows not to disturb him from doing it.

Woohyun needs this cry before he meet up with Sunggyu again.

“Woohyun hyung, it’s not like Sunggyu hyung is going forever. You know that it’s only 2 years right?”

Woohyun blows his nose. Sungjong grimaces seeing his hyung wiping his hands on the tablecloth, making a mental reminder to burn those later.

“I know, but would it hurt him to tell me earlier than today? Everyone knows but me.” Woohyun whines sadly.

Sungjong rolls his eyes. At times, Sungjong really

Please log in to read the full chapter