Chapter 7: We Meet Again

My Flower is You

After making Yao Wang reached home safely, Yeming went straight back to Ye Joon's house. The party had ended a bit earlier than expected, surprising a lot of their guests but the young lords know how well Yeming works. Seo Joon was waiting outside for Yeming arrival, away from the others, but deep down Yeming knows how much Seo Joon hates seeing blood and violence as he often distances himself whenever they do this kind of activities. Leading Yeming towards their meeting room, Seo Joon knocks on the door, announcing their arrival to the others inside. Their leader has finally arrived - it is time to get down to business. Yeming enters, his face grim. The offending man can be seen lying on the floor, trying to scamper away from the physical blows by Hyeon Seok. Bruises and blood decorate his body colourfully, much to Yeming's satisfaction. Pointing at the man's face using a paper fan, "Next time, try hold back on drinking liquor. Obviously you're really bad when you're drunk. I mean look at you now, all beaten up because-". A sharp cough from Yeming stops Hyeon Seok from finishing his sentence. Sighing, Hyeon Seok stands up and backs away giving Yeming a space to come forward.

"How dare you touched my guest and ruined my party, it's humiliating!". Ye Joon, unable to contain his anger any longer, makes a move to approach the injured man but immediately stopped by Yeong-Chul. Still feeling unsatisfied, Ye Joon points at the man and snaps angrily, "You're just a son of a low-ranking official! Making a scene at my house as if he's someone important!-". At this point, Yeong Chul has to drag him out of the room to calm himself down before he can fuel Yeming's anger any further. Shaken and hurt, the poor man whimpers and asks for forgiveness, but it is continuously ignored by the Young Lords. How repulsive. Yeming approaches the man and bends down to grab on the man's collar. He pulls him up with minimal effort. "You're lucky that you were born into a noble family, or else I would have your head chopped of by now. Or perhaps... How about I dress you up with a beautiful hanbok and have you sell yourself like ty gisaeng. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty men out there, dirty, erted old men wanting to have one lustful night with a young man like you".Yeming chuckles evilly. " Or... maybe you can do something for me". Yeming smirks darkly, making the man shudder in fear. Yeming whispers his orders into the offensive man's ears, giving him a certain job to do, of which the beaten man agreed instantly to avoid any more beatings.

At the end, the battered man is allowed to leave Ye Joon's house, bloody and limping but thankfully alive. Seo Joon instructs one of his male servants to help the man returns to his home. Seo Joon grabs the man's arm and gives him a warning,"I know your father very well. I can see in your mind what you're planning to do but let me warn you... Who you're up against is not just one, but five young lords with very...very influential family backgrounds. And I know everything your father has done, legally and illegally. So if you still want to live a luxurious life being a noble, then listen to my warning. If you ever cross with us again, we will make sure you would be living as a slave for the rest of your insignificant life". The man face turns pale and nods his head vigorously. The very next day, a rumor spreads among nobles, that no one should go anywhere near a man name Yao Wang as he now belongs to Yeming's circle.

**************************************************************

"Yao Wang, meet your aunt". Hwan Gyeong smiles as the lady comes forward and takes seat in front of his son. Shocked, Yao Wang looks back at her, trying to recall any memories regarding her. All his life it has always been just his father and him with no other known relatives. An aunt? I have an aunt? Why did he never say anything about a sister?. The old lady smiles at Yao Wang with such warmth in her eyes. "Finally, we meet my dear. You have no idea how long I've been wanting to see you". His aunt grabs his hands, "Yao Wang, my name is Min-Sook. But you may called me auntie Min or lady Min, whichever you are comfortable".

Finally finding his voice back, he questions her title. "Lady Min?". Yao Wang displays a puzzled reaction on his face. "Your aunt actually used to work in the palace, but now she's retired", his father explains. Yao Wang nods in understanding. Hwan Gyeong continues, "She's been travelling to many places but now she's here and will be staying with for awhile before she goes on another journey". Yao Wang has always been a fan of travelling, perks up in interest. Excitedly, he turns to his aunt. "Wow! That's awesome! Then, next time, can you tell me all places that you've been to?". Yao Wang face brightens up. Lady Min smiles and replies with a nod. I can see some resemblance of her. The three of them have breakfast together before Yao Wang excuses himself to prepare for work.

**************************************************************

It is quiet in the study room as usual, for the room was chosen strategically away from unwanted interruptions. Inside, a father and his son are sitting facing each other, with a low coffee table full of afternoon snacks and tea placed in between. Chirping of birds can be heard coming through opened windows, sending cool afternoon breezes across the room. "How is your preparation for the upcoming examination, son?", the older man asks his son with a serious tone. Yeming straightens his body before answering, "It's going well, father". Kwon Kyung-Chul takes a sip of hot tea, silently savoring the rich tea taste as he observes his son's serious expression. "The exam will be in two weeks time. Do well and do not bring shame to our family". Yeming nods obediently. "Yes, father", thought his face barely shows any expression.

Ever since his wife passed away, Kyung-Chul has been raising his son with cold affections. Their relationship became distant as Yeming grew into a young man. He knows his son will not fail him but there is no use in showing useless affections towards Yeming. For a cub to grow, one must experience the cruel world in order to survive. Yeming is used to this cold treatment from his father. It was his mother who showered him with love and affections, and he misses that greatly. Now, it's like he has a soldier for a father.

"How's your relationship with your friends? You must be wiser on choosing who you should make friends - who should be in your circle", his father reminds him. It has always been the same advice now and then. In order to survive in this era, politics is the way. He had shut his heart long time ago, planning on playing is role dutifully for his father. But that has changed recently, and the image of Yao Wang smiling comes into his mind. His lover is definitely his source of happiness now, and a smile almost breaks out on his face but he quickly puts on his poker-face mask back on to avoid his father's wrath.

"We get along just fine, father. Thank you for your reminder", Yeming replies.

*****************************************************************

Yao Wang closes the entrance door to his house and leaves for work at Yeming's place with a light heart, heartbeat racing slightly thinking of his handsome lover. But before that, he plans on seeing Myeong for a bit because he feels slightly guilty for not telling his best friend regarding Yeming. Afterall they have been friends since they were little boys. I should get him some sweet treats. Myeong's house is just a few streets away from Yao Wang's, so he takes a little detour from his usual route to stop by a famous sweet stall nearby. Satisfied with the choice of his treats, Yao Wang proceeds to pay for his purchase and turns to leave. Though it stops short as he walks directly into a firm chest [again (-_-) what a chest magnet]. Spluttered at his mistake, Yao Wang turns red and immediately begins to apologise, embarrassed at his action. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry", Yao Wang repeats, hoping he did not annoy the poor man. But instead, Yao Wang hears a soft chuckle. "We meet again", he says teasingly. Again?. Since he stands quite closely to the man still, Yao Wang looks up and recognises the man he had bumped into. "Young... Young Master Yeong-Chul".

Yao Wang immediately bows before Yeong-Chul, which make the young lord feel slightly uncomfortable because it attracts the passerby's attentions. "I'm sorry for what happened at the party, I'm sorry for making a scene", Yao Wang blabbers in panic, cursing internally at his stupidity. Of all people, why must it be the Young Lord? Then Yeong-Chul surprises him again. He grabs Yao Wang by his arms and pulls him up to stop the beautiful man from bowing. "I'll forgive you if you stop apologising and call me by my name", he whispers closely into Yao Wang's red ear. At this, Yao Wang immediately stands up straight.

"Thank you... Yeong-Chul...", Yao Wang stutters out his reply shyly. He is so beautiful. His skin looks radiant in the daylight, Yeong-Chul silently observes the man in front of him, appreciating his beauty. "Are you going somewhere?", as Yeong-Chul points to Yao Wang's bag of treats. "Actually, I am. I'm on my way to send these treats to my friend, Myeong. His house is nearby", Yao Wang explains with a soft smile. Wanting to spend more time alone with the smaller man, Yeong-Chul asks if he can walk Yao Wang to his friend's house. He was taking a walk to clear his mind after he finished studying for the upcoming examination. Walking always does wonders to Yeong-Chul's mind, seeing other people doing their own business and browsing through street stalls around commoners' area. Though his walk this morning brings him a much pleasant surprise. He saw Yao Wang from afar, walking alone towards somewhere and he decided to follow him. It is his chance to get to know the beautiful man even more.

"Um... I cannot possibly bother you even more, after what happened today and last night...", Yao Wang replies guiltily, not realising the Young Lord's true intentions. He looks up at Yeong-Chul and is surprised to find such a tender look directed towards him.

"Nonsense, it is not a bother at all. It's the least I can do after what happened last night. Please don't reject my offer", Yeong-Chul smiles, hoping to charm Yao Wang's heart. At this, Yao Wang blushes beautifully and just nods to accept the offer. Yeong-Chul is beyond happy at his reply, thinking how his morning has been upgraded 10 times better with the chance to spend time with Yao Wang alone.

"Lead the way".

****************************************************************

A man in his 50's is currently catching up on his paperworks, and at the same time he's keeping an eye on his son, who is sitting directly across him. Though on contrary, his son is clearly having a difficult time to concentrate on his learning because his face is currently decorated with thousand lines of frowns. Myeong has been trying to read the same sentence over and over again for 15 minutes now, yet nothing has successfully enter his brain. Finally giving up, Myeong lets out a high pitch whine. "Argh! Can I just take a rest, even just for a bit?". His father lets out a sharp cough and shoots a deadly glare at his son, but Myeong remains unfazed. Instead he pouts in disatisfaction. "Let me remind you, son. The examinations are in two weeks time. Do you think, with that slow brain of yours, you can pass all those tests without studying?", Park Miryang Soo scolds his son. Although he is known to be a humble man, from time to time he can be stern when needed, especially when teaching his only son, Myeong Eun. Their relationship is an example of a normal father-son relationship. Miryang Soo is not afraid to show his affections towards his children, even though sometimes it is frowned upon to spoil your son in the higher society. Miryang Soo believes an equal balance of love and discipline will raise good attitudes in the younger generation.

"But I was studying the whole night last night! And you woke me up so early this morning just to study again. Rest in peace, my brain cells. Just please give my brain some rest," Myeong continues to whine loudly. I couldn't even go to Ye Joon's party last night. I'm sure Lady Min-Seo was there looking beautiful and having fun with other people. Miryang Soo notices his son's headspace is drifting off somewhere again, so he smacks his son's head with a book in his hand. Tough love they said. As a results, Myeong cries out in pain and calls for his mother to save him. "How dare you daydream in front of your father!".

***************************************************************

Yeong-Chul feels like he is on a first date with the most beautiful person on earth. Having Yao Wang walking beside him is the best that that could happen to him. Yao Wang is humble, sweet, kind and all super nice things he can think of right now. He memorises Yao Wang's light laugh in his mind and locks it away for his keepings only, for it sounds beautiful like a love song. During their walk, Yeong-Chul is trying to keep their conversation going by asking him various stuffs, just to know about him even more. The beautiful man is still the same shy person he met last night, and it only fuels his feelings towards Yao Wang even more. Remembering what happened last night, his heart drops. He was really worried about Yao Wang after he was attacked, but did not get the chance to check on him as Yeming immediately took him away.

"By the way, how are you feeling Yao Wang? I know you were scared last night and I'm really sorry we couldn't come soon enough. Are you hurt anywhere? Did you get injured?". Yao Wang stops walking and turns towards the Young Lord.

"Don't worry Yeong Chul, I'm really fine. I have bruises on my arms though. He was quite strong", as Yao Wang feels up his biceps, his face frowning. Seeing this an opportunity to see the fair man again, Yeong Chul says, "I actually bought some medicine for you. I want you to use them".

"It's fine, really, Yeong Chul. The bruises will fade over time, don't worry". Yao Wang smiles seeing the other man's kindness. But Yeong Chul remains persistent on the matter that Yao Wang eventually gives up and agrees to meet him some other time for the medicine.

Eventually, they reach Myeong's house too soon for Yeong Chul's liking. "This is where I'll be. Thank you for walking me-". Before he can finish, Yeong-Chul cuts Yao Wang mid-sentence. "No, it should be me saying thank you for letting me spending time with you, even just for a while. It really made my day", Yeong Chul smiles handsomely. Yao Wang suddenly feels embarrassed by the Lord's behaviour and looks down on the ground instead. Seeing this, Yeong-Chul cannot help but to a little bit more. Chasing Yao Wang's gaze, he leans closer to Yao Wang's face, causing Yao Wang to gulp nervously. "Next time, I want to spend a longer time with you, whenever you are free. I want to take you to places you haven't been to". Yeong Chul winks before turning around to take his leave. I'll see you soon, my beautiful flower. Yao Wang can only stutter out his goodbye, flustered by Yeong Chul's behaviour.

Yao Wang meets Myeong's father in the hallway towards Myeong's study room. He's probably going to the palace. Yao Wang smiles brightly once he sees the old man and bows politely to greet him."My lord". Even though they've known each other for a while now, Yao Wang never forgets his manners and that is what Miryang Soo really loves about him. Miryang Soo smiles tenderly upon seeing his son's friend, whom he sees as his own at times. "I told you to call me 'father', or 'uncle' if you feel uncomfortable". Myeong suddenly walks out from his room and mouths mockingly his father behind his back, resulting him to receive a glare from Yao Wang. Myeong is really childish at times. Not forgetting to reply Myeong's father, Yao Wang says, "I can't do that or I will be scolded by my father". Miryang Soo laughs and caresses Yao Wang head. "Ah right! I have sweet oranges just arrive this morning from Jeju island. You should take some home for you and your father".

"Father! Why didn't you tell me that we have oranges from Jeju?! You always spoil Yao Wang. I'm your son. Sometimes I feel if I'm adopted and Yao Wang is your real child". Myeong throwing playful tantrums in front of his father and Yao Wang. "Oho! How old are you? Acting like a child still! Unlike you, at least Yao Wang listens to his father and working to earn money. But what do you do? Playing around all the time and not studying when you should've! You better pass your exams or you will be kicked out from this house!". Looking back at Yao Wang, Miryang Soo smiles and says goodbye to him before taking his leave.

Authors' note:

We thought for this chapter we would give some light to our other beautiful characters to shine. Yeong-Chul is a sweetheart. But Yao Wang is the sweetest. <3