Chapter 5: My beloved

My Flower is You

It wasn't long since Yao Wang went back home and Yeming already misses his nari  boy. Sighing, he looks down at a beautifully wrapped box in his hands. Yeming opens the box revealing a beautiful male hanbok - Pale peach with soft yellow color like the first time he saw him. These colours really suit him. The noble man takes his quill and writes his message on a piece of a blank paper before placing it inside the box. Yeming then summons his servant and gives a very specific instructions before dismissing him. I can't wait for tonight.

***************************************************************

"For me?". Yao Wang stares at the box curiously and looks up at the man again. The man only nods in confirmation before taking his leave. "Thank you!", Yao Wang calls out, which earns him another nod. Wondering about the sender, Yao Wang brings the parcel into his room and opens it immediately. Inside, he sees a paper placed on top of a folded hanbok. The paper reads, 'I will be very happy if you wear this hanbok for tonight. Consider it a gift for our first meeting and also for the lanterns'. Realising the sender's identity, Yao Wang smiles unconsciously before lightly shaking his head. Are you crazy? What are you thinking Yao Wang? He says it's for the festival, nothing more. Snap out of it! (Oh dear BaoBao, if only you knew inside Yeming's mind and heart hohohohoho). The beautiful man takes out the hanbok and places it against his body. He smiles when he sees in the mirror pleases him.

"Are you going with Myeong again tonight?". His father's sudden question breaks the silence and startles Yao Wang. He didn't even realise when his father came to stand at his bedroom door. Unintentionally lying, Yao Wang nods and soon, his father leaves but manages to say,"don't come home late like last night, alright". Yao Wang stares at himself in the mirror, surprised at what he has done. He never lied to his father, ever! Maybe it's because he knows his father would not allow him to go out with someone he barely knew. Yao Wang shakes his head, you deserve a night out!, trying his best not to feel guilty.

****************************************************************

Yeming patiently stands outside Yao Wang's house, directly in front of the entrance, waiting for his angel to come out. He actually arrived earlier than promised because he cannot contain his excitement for their date any longer. Though his presence attracts a lot of passing ladies' attention, Yeming remains oblivious to their interests as his heart is set on his mission. The doors eventually opens and Yao Wang steps out. Yeming's jaw drops. His angel looks absolutely stunning! The pale colours of the hanbok really compliments his beauty as they bring out Yao Wang's features even more so. His cherry lips look utterly ravishing, sending shivers down Yeming's spine. Yao Wang's overall appearance looks like he just came out of an expensive painting and Yeming cannot help but feel jealous of anyone seeing what should be his alone. He should be tied up and locked in my room. Yao Wang sees him standing in front of him and blushes at the taller man's reaction.

The taller man is definitely the definition of a handsome man. Standing tall, he towers Yao Wang as if to shield him from evil. When he smiles, Yao Wang can get lost in his deep, beautiful dimples. As he walks towards Yeming, Yao Wang feels his knees shake a little bit. Upon reaching him, Yeming looks at him tenderly and says, "Shall we go?". Yao Wang smiles back, trying to calm his racing heart. Yeming places his hand on Yao Wang's smaller back possessively. He cannot stop himself from smiling and stealing glances at Yao Wang as they walk towards their destination. "Where are we going?", Yao Wang asks when he realises they are no longer in Jongno street. Yao Wang's mind was too preoccupied with the noble man's presence that he did not notice where Yeming is taking him. "We are going to my friend's", Yeming replies with a bright smile. Yao Wang gulps. A friend's? Another stranger with a status. Yao Wang can only smile, hiding his uneasiness.

*****************************************************************

"Yeming, you made it!". Ye Joon excitedly welcomes Yeming at the entrance of his house, before noticing another presence besides his friend. It takes him just a second before he recognises Yao Wang and his eyes open wide at his recognition. Unable to say a word, he looks back at forth at Yeming and Yao Wang. Yao Wang, on the other hand, feels extremely awkward at this and fiddles with his fingers instead. Sensing his love's awkwardness, Yeming breaks the silence. "Oh yeah, this is Yao Wang. He's my date for tonight". He smirks as Yao Wang's face goes crimson at this. Shocked, Ye Joon cannot even muster out any reply. "Aren't you going to us inside, at least?". Ye Joon, broken out of his reverie, just nods and leads them inside.

The party is held in a private garden somewhere inside the property, hidden away from any prying eyes and it is able to host a large amount of people. Inside the garden, there are small huts scattered around so that guests are able to relax and enjoy themselves while watching entertainments staged strategically in the middle of the ground. Upon arriving at the area, Yao Wang can see a large number of noble men and women, from enjoying the feast provided, to dancing with entertainers, and to chatting amongst themselves. Gisaengs are probably the ones who captured Yao Wang's attention because parties that serve gisaengs signify the wealth of a family. Yao Wang definitely feels out of place now and wants nothing more than just to leave the place. Yeming, however, is thinking of something else. He can see increasing number of unwanted attentions from men directed towards his beautiful boy as they walk through the crowd. As if to mark Yao Wang as his, Yeming slides his arm and rest it on the fairer man's waist, securing him to his side. Yao Wang visibly relaxes at his action as it seems to provide him some sense of security.

"Here we are", Ye Joon announces when they have arrived at a hut and Yeming's friends go silent as their eyes zeroed in onto Yao Wang's appearance. "Everyone, this is Yao Wang. Yao Wang, these people are my friends", Yeming vaguely introduces everyone in the hut and proceeds take a seat on the tatami mat with Yao Wang sitting awkwardly next to him. Yeong Chul, who had arrived earlier, is still in shock at Yao Wang's appearance in this party. Afterall, unknown to everyone, he seems to harbour a little bit of feelings towards Yao Wang. What is he doing here? He looks so beautiful tonight. Taking a chance, he decides to engage Yao Wang with a small conversation, which is easy since Yao Wang is seated between him and Yeming.

"It is nice to see you again". Yeong Chul gives a smile. Yao Wang goes puzzled at the word again. Looking from Yao Wang reaction, Yeong Chul chuckles and explains to him on the first time he met him. Yao Wang blushes, "I apologise Young Master for not recognising you", as he looks down guiltily. He goes back to fiddling his fingers, scared of upsetting the noble man.

"You are a shy person, aren't you? Not used to coming to occasions like this". Yao Wang laughs nervously at being caught red-handed. Yeong Chul cannot take his eyes off Yao Wang. How adorable. He makes me want to protect him from everything. Not wanting to make Yao Wang feels awkward, Yeong Chul tries again. "Forgive me, how rude of me. Please don't call me Young Master. My name is Kim Yeong Chul, and you may call me Yeong Chul. We are friends now", hoping that he wouldn't scare the flower boy. The others, as they were watching the interaction, jump into their conversation. "I'm Choi Hyeon Seok, but you can call me Hyeon Seok". They take turns introducing themselves, eager to make acquaintance with Yao Wang, though their interactions are closely monitored by Yeming.

After some time, the group decide to take some food from buffet table near their hut. Everyone, including Yao Wang and Yeming, starts to head towards the table before a group of noble women stop them.

"Good evening, Young Masters. We are hoping if you can spare us a little bit of your time to...", and the conversation trails off, Yao Wang unable to hear anymore as he turns away not wanting to disrupt the conversation. While waiting for the group, Yao Wang's eyes landed on a beautiful patch of flowers near one of the huts and starts walking towards it to have a closer look, not realising he has gone further away from Yeming and his friends. Though halfway towards his goal, his arm is grabbed roughly from behind, before turning him around to face the offending person. The person, however, is a total stranger and appears to be really drunk. He stands way taller than Yao Wang and his face shows ugly lusts directed towards him. Scared, the smaller man tries to escape from his offender but he fails miserably. Yao Wang's face contorts in pain as the grip is quite strong and relentless.

"Well well... aren't you beautiful? I didn't know they have male gisaengs tonight", he breathes out close to Yao Wang's face. The man smiles uglily and his breaths smells like dog piss.

"You- you're wrong! I'm not a gisaeng!". Yao Wang is beyond terrified at this point, almost breaking into tears. He cannot even see Yeming and his friends and finally realises that they are not nearby.

"Now don't be ridiculous. Come with daddy, I'll show you a good time". To Yao Wang's utter horror, the drunkard grabs both of his upper arms, preventing him from moving away. His stinky face begins to come closer to Yao Wang's, trying to smother him with dirty, wet kisses. Yao Wang fights with all the strengths he can gather and struggles to break free, and yet he is no match for the drunk man.

Yao Wang breaks into tears, sobbing and all he can do now is just to shout, "No! No please stop! Help! YEMING!". Yao Wang closes his eyes, bracing for the worst to come.

As if God has heard his prayers, the drunk man is aggressively shoved away from Yao Wang. "YAO WANG!", he hears Yeming shouts his name a second before he is engulfed into a familiar embrace. Familiar musky scent comes flooding into his senses. Yao Wang is now openly sobbing into Yeming's chest, as the taller man's hand cards through his hair while the other hugs his back securely, pulling him flush against his boy. Yao Wang doesn't give a damn on what is happening behind him - he knows he is safe now, in Yeming's arms. The drunk man's fate though, is currently not so lucky. He was beaten down initially by Yeong Chul, before Ye Joon's guards came into the scene and beat him further. He is currently bleeding and forced to kneel down in front of Yeming's friends.

"How dare you touch my guest!", Ye Joon says angrily. The man receives another kick on his back by a guard and he lands face down on the ground. Disgusted, he orders his men to lock the drunkard away. "We'll deal with him tomorrow, when he is sober". Yeong Chul looks back at Yao Wang, who is currently still sobbing his fears away in Yeming's arms. He wishes he was Yeming at this point.

It did not take Yeming long before he realises Yao Wang was not by his side. He excused himself from the noble women and started to look around for his beloved. Then he saw it. His blood ran cold. Yao Wang was harassed openly by another man and no one was there to save him. "YAO WANG!", he shouted as he broke into full speed run towards them. This alerted his friends and all of them looked at the scene. And now he has Yao Wang in his arms, looking very terrified, crying and shaking from this whole ordeal. That man will die tomorrow, I promise. How dare he touched what is rightfully his. He had wanted to kill the man instantly right then and there, but upon seeing Yao Wang's teary face, he opted to securing the fair man first and deal with the erted man later. Yao Wang eventually stops crying, sniffling but still hiding his face on Yeming's chest. Yeming looks down and takes the beautiful man's face in both hands, and whispers, "are you okay, my beloved? Did he harm you?". Surprised at the endearment term, Yao Wang looks up with teary eyes and shakes his head lightly. "No... no. He just grabbed me and... he scared me", Yao Wang sobs out. Yeming gently wipes his tears using both of his thumbs. "I got you now, my sweet. Please don't cry. I'm sorry this happened to you". Yeming puts Yao Wang's head back on his chest, embracing him protectively. Hearing Yeming's heatbeats, Yao Wang eventually calms down.

*****************************************************************

After the whole incident, Yeming decided to take Yao Wang out for a walk in Jongno street, to ease his beloved's mind. Though shaken, Yao Wang calms down by having Yeming by his side and looks happy to be away from Ye Joon's place. The people are still celebrating the Lantern festival and so the streets are still crowded with business stalls and villagers. "Are you feeling better now?", Yeming asks. Yao Wang looks at Yeming with a smile and nods. "Yes... thank you. I feel much better outside", with you. Yao Wang blushes, remembering Yeming's embrace. Somehow he feels really happy to be with Yeming and nothing matters now as long as they are together.

The packed street forces them to walk close to each other. As Yao Wang has smaller build, he keeps on bumping into stranger while walking. Seeing this, Yeming pulls Yao Wang to walk in front of him, while his right hand rests on Yao Wang's hip to keep him close. In this position though, Yao Wang's back keeps on bumping into Yeming's hard chest and his hand slides further into Yao Wang's stomach. This intimate gesture flusters Yao Wang even more, though at the same time, makes him the happiest. Oblivious to Yao Wang's reaction, Yeming's sole mission is to protect his beloved from any incoming danger. His Yao Wang looks so much better now, smiling and blushing beautifully in front of him. In his attempt to further cheer Yao Wang up, Yeming takes him to visit some stalls to look for some accessories. Yao Wang loves beautiful accessories, as they are arts that need to be treasured. But one pair of accessories captures his attention - it is a pair of couple bracelets, made from green jades with small lily flowers drawn on it. Yao Wang smiles, thinking, it would be nice to give one to Yeming. Don't be ridiculous Yao Wang, that will never happen.

Their walk eventually reaches into a quieter park, away from busy streets. Yao Wang is actively engaging in their conversation, setting Yeming's heart at ease seeing his angel happy. "Look Yeming! That cherry blossom tree looks so beautiful!", as he runs excitedly towards it. Chuckling at his antics, Yeming follows Yao Wang and they are standing directly below the beautiful tree. The flowers are blossoming at their fullest, creating a sweet scene around them. Yao Wang looks up, basking in the view and smiling brightly. Yes, beautiful, Yeming thinks as he gazes at Yao Wang instead. Yao Wang really looks like an angel now, and Yeming wants to make him as his. Remembering what he bought from the street, he takes it out and brings it to Yao Wang's attention. "I have something for you". He smiles brightly.

Yao Wang gasps in surprise. It's the couple bracelet! "When did you...?", Yao Wang stares at disbelief. "I saw you were looking at it, so I got it for us", Yeming explains. Us? Then Yao Wang sees it - Yeming is wearing the other bracelet pair on his right wrist. Does this mean....?

"Let me help put yours on". Yeming takes his angel's right hand and brings it up to his face. He proceeds to put on the bracelet gently, while maintaining eye contact with Yao Wang. Yao Wang struggles to breathe as he watches Yeming's action. Unable to resist, Yeming pulls Yao Wang's hand, tugging him forward, and places a soft his inside his wrist. He smells like nari... Their faces are so close to each other now, their breaths mingling in the middle. Yao Wang's gaze goes back and forth between the taller man's eyes and lips, and he gulps. Then, in a blink of an eye, Yeming's lips descended onto Yao Wang's cherry lips.

Author's note:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!! XD