Chapter 2: Who are you?

My Flower is You

It feels like the time has slowed down. It stings, the weird sensation he feels right now, as if his heart is slowly being ripped out from behind and refill it with something else instead. When he finally remembers to breathe, his heartbeat pump ever so loudly ringing in his ears, as if it is beating for the first time. Beautiful. Yeming stared at the man as if he sees a true beauty of art that should be treasure came out alive. No. He heard about this few times before from his servants who took care of him, telling him bedtime stories. They were folk tales on how beautiful fairies, creatures and maidens are coming down from the sky, and angels... Perhaps an angel, Yeming thoughts.

"Wow, I have to admit that guy is really pretty. I almost mistaken him for being a girl if I hadn't notice that he is wearing a male attire", Hyeon Seok loudly claimed. It takes everyone's attention because he never had praised another man for his good looks except of his own or his closest friends.

"I disagree with that statement, the word 'pretty' doesn't justify his beauty. Hmm... let me see... I think, he's-,"before Ye Joon can finish his sentence, someone cuts him. "An angel," Yeming said it with such a confirmation, unaware of the his friends' surprised reaction surrounding him with that statement. The cold-hearted man who hardly pays any attention to others has finally spoken and even make such a high praise to someone, a stranger.

"Well, a beauty or an angel, one thing I do know for sure, he is even more attractive than Kim Yoon-Hee", Seo Joon gestures at a noble girl on the left corner, her facial expression is somewhat unsettling. "It seems like someone has already meet her rival", Seo Joon gives out a small chuckle.

"Who is Kim Yoon-Hee?". That question literally startles everyone. Yeming displays a confused expression on his face, wondering if he has said something wrong for his friends to stare at him like that. Annoyed, "What is it?!", he asks.

Everyone just slightly shakes their heads and give a long sigh. Yeong Chul leans towards him and gives a pat in the back and said, "Truly, you can amaze me sometimes, Oh, snow king". The others nod agreeing with that statement. Such snow king indeed.

"Wha-? Snow King? I don't like that statement, are you insulting me?", but Yeming question remains unanswered as his friends just laugh it off. That irritates Yeming even more but what is important for him now is not being mad at his friends, but to find out more on the man he has set his eyes onto.

"Hyeon Seok, you know a lot of people in the street. Perhaps you can find out more on who he is and his background", says Yeming. He cannot avert his eyes away from the man. He does not remember why his heart began to ache and yet he likes the pain. What is this feeling? It bothers him. Who are you?. Like predator watching his prey, Yeming feels restless and cannot help it but wanting to get to closer to him.

When Yeming about to leave the second floor, his eyes catches the angel's smile and his small laughter rings softly in his ear. Yeming feels like an arrow pierces his heart, the pain is unbearable and yet he still likes it. A smile forms on his face.

You.

****************************************************************************

The moment Yao Wang and Myeong Eun step into the building, the fair-skinned man notices many eyes are directed onto them. Growing embarrassed, Yao Wang settles his sight on Myeong's back and follows him towards their reserved seats.

"Myeong, I don't feel comfortable in here", Yao Wang whispers quietly, his eyes telling Myeong if it is possible for him to leave early.

"You can't leave now, you haven't seen the girl that I have a crush on, just wait," as Myeong scans the room and spots the girl that has taken his heart.

"Over there!" cried Myeong excitedly while subtly trying to point at her direction for Yao Wang to see.  Myeong has a huge smile plastered on his face looking like  a fool falling in love.

Yao wang eyes landed on the sight of the noble girl. She's cute, I admit. But the one next to her is even prettier. Looking back at Myeong facial expression really makes Yao Wang smile and he tries to hold his laughter.

"You've really fallen hard for this girl, aren't you", Yao Wang teased his best friend.

"What can I do, Yao Wang? I really want her to notice me, but everytime I go near her or even trying to talk to her, my mind goes blank. Yao Wang...", Myeong grabs Yao Wang hands, "help me please...", he pleads.

"You're asking me? Have you actually seen me talking to a girl and have a conversation?", Yao Wang stares at Myeong with disbelief. His friend is actually asking help from him - who is a nobody!

"But Yao Wang~ at least you have experience in talking to a lot of girls, when they asks you for your lantern drawings!", Myeong tries again with his puppy eyes.

At this moment, Yao Wang facepalms himself at the remark. "My sweet Myeong, that talk you are talking about is based on work only, you can't really count that as conversation! They're business conversations, and plus, what you are asking me is to be your wingman and have a conversation with the lady... what's her name again?". Yao Wang looks at Myeong with an annoyed expression. Myeong supplies dreamily with a "Lady Na Min-Seo", not caring a slightest bit about Yao Wang's ranting.

"Right, Lady Na Min-Seo and talking to her about LOVE? Are you crazy?!", Yao Wang bursts in frustration. He stares at Myeong with his big eyes, his face saying, really? I'm as inexperience as you.

Before Myeong can come up with reply, a loud sharp cough startles both of them. Myeong looks up with a vexed expression, wondering who dares to interrupt his conversation with Yao Wang. It only takes him a second to recognise the new incomer, Myeong stands up hurriedly with a defensive posture. Yao Wang, shocked by his friend's behaviour, stands up questioningly. He has never seen Myeong acts like this way before, like he looks intimidated by the man who is standing before them.

Yao Wang gaze finally shifts onto the man. He has never seen the guy before, but he's wearing an expensive attire like the rest of the men behind him. He can tell that these people come from the higher ups. Maybe like Myeong's father?, he wonders. But one thing for sure, Myeong is not on a friendly term with these men judging by the way they're looking at each other.

"What do you want?", Myeong questions sharply, breaking the silence in the room. Everyone in the premise is watching them, knowing this will not end well looking at the two sons from opposite factions meetup. Yeming's face break into a smirk. "Let's not start a quarrel like our fathers. I'm just here to say my greetings since tonight we're celebrating Lotus Lantern festival". Finally shifting his eyes onto the fair boy, "and who is this?". Averting his eyes, Yao Wang feels shiver running up his spine upon receiving such an intense look.                                    Myeong, feeling uneasy, shifts his body to block Yao Wang from Yeming's view.

"He is a dear friend", he vaguely informs. Yeming forms an irritated expression upon Myeong's movement in blocking his view.

"Funny, I have never seen him before. Which family is he from?" Yeming probes. His tone carries a genuine curiosity with a hint of desperation to find out the more details of this beautiful creature. Definitely an angel.

"Not from a well known family. Unfortunately, as much as we love to stay, we have to go now". Before Yeming can stop them, Myeong drags Yao Wang by his arm and both of them leave the premise as fast as they can. Yeming quickly tries to follow them but with so many people celebrating outside Hahoe Paradise, his luck runs out and those two men have disappeared in the sea of people. Frustrated, Yeming fumes with anger as he goes back inside followed by others.

****************************************************************************

After sensing that they are far away from that place, Myeong and Yao Wang stop running. Catching their breaths, Yao Wang immediately ask Myeong the identity of those men they just met.

"Yao Wang", Myeong grabs Yao Wang shoulders, "promise me, don't go anywhere near those people especially that man who I just talked to, do you understand me?", looking at Yao Wang to make sure he understands his seriousness.

Yao Wang has never seen Myeong terrified like this before. "Why?".

"Just trust me! Those people are bad news, especially that guy and his father, they are the worst, trust me on this. If you see any one of them coming down your path, avoid them. You hear me?", Myeong desperately says.

"I'm sorry for taking you to that place, I really am", Myeong displays guilt expression.

Yao Wang wants to ask more, but instead, he holds it back. "okay, I understand. Though it is a pity we're wearing nice clothes to end this night early. Myeong, how about we go to Jongno street, buy me a lantern and we could enjoy the festival there with other people", Yao Wang smiles childishly with excitements. Myeong just smiles at his friend's cute behaviour and nods in agreement.

****************************************************************************

"Now, where Young Master Yeming wants to go now?", Ye Joon asks as soon as Yeming stands up abruptly, looking like he wants to the leave the place.

"Anywhere but here". He cannot stop thinking of the boy and already he feels restless, wanting to see that fair face once again.

"But the festival is about to start", Hyeon Seok glances down, "just look at the poor girls wishing to light up their lanterns with us...". He immediately stops talking the moment he looks at Yeming expression turning dark. Quickly, he covers his face except his eyes using his fancy paper fan.

"If you wish to stay, don't let me stop you". before Yeming leaves, he glares at Hyeon Seok.

"Come on", Yeong Chul telling others to follow Yeming including Hyeon Seok.

As soon as Yeming reaches the ground floor, Kim Yoon-Hee makes a move to approach him but goes unnoticed as he just passes her by. Yeming's friends, on the other hand, give her a sorry look, knowing how Yeming thoughts on the poor girl. 

Once outside Hahoe Paradise, "so, where are you taking us?" Seo Joon asked. Yeming looks at Hyeon Seok and asks, "Hyeon Seok, do you know any places that we haven't gone to? Anywhere outside this crowded place. I want to have a fresh air". More like to keep his mind off the fair boy, he thoughts. .

"Hmm... there's this one place commoners go to celebrate. It's at Jongno street. There is a big river where people would go and put lanterns on the water and also releasing lanterns to the sky. I have to say it is rather beautiful and such a sight to see", Hyeon Seok explains.

"Lead the way", Yeming orders.

****************************************************************************

"Yah! How could you draw a boar on my lantern? Why can't you draw a beautiful bird or trees or bamboo" Myeong pouts.

"Eyy... a boar is not a bad animal. It is a metaphor for masculinity and men power," Yao Wang clarifies.

"Really?", Myeong facial expression changes to being happy again. Yao Wang chuckles a little. Myeong can easily be persuaded.

"What is that?", Myeong asks Yao Wang looking at scribbles of words on Yao Wang lantern. "My dad told me if you write your wishes on the lantern, there is possibility it will come true!", Yao Wang explains.

"I want to do that too!". Myeong excitedly writes his wishes on his lantern.

When they are both satisfied with their lanterns, Yao Wang and Myeong head to the river because Yao Wang wishes to float his lantern on the water. However, as they are about to reach to the designated place, they did expect there will be lots of people waiting for their turns to put their lanterns on the river. People on the street are pushing each other trying to get closer. Myeong and Yao Wang try their best to stick close, but eventually loses to the crowds' pressure.

"Myeong?!", Yao Wang calls his friend's name urgently when he cannot see Myeong in front of him anymore. Though he can hear Myeong voice calling out his name, it gradually fades as Myeong gets further away. Yao Wang tries to reach where the voice at eventually gives up as he loses his way in the crowd. In panic, Yao Wang keeps frantically calling for his best friend and his eyes wildly searching for Myeong's face until he accidently walked into a stranger, causing him to fall backwards. Bracing for the impact, he gasps in surprise as his back collided into a hard chest instead of the ground. A pair of strong hands are holding onto his shoulder to steady him. Yao Wang turns and looks up.

"Forgive me...-", Yao Wang freezes after finally recognising his savior's face.

His hands are still holding this angel by his shoulder and it finally  gives Yeming a chance to study his face closely.

That scent again... a flowery scent, what is it? That's right, it's Lily flower, Yeming thoughts. With a soft smile, Yeming bends a little, getting his face closer to his angel. 

 

 

Author's note:

OOOOOOOOOH EXCITING OUR BABIES FINALLY MET!