Broken picture, broken love

It’s just the same story

After trying many times, Junsu had finally obtained the job he wanted. He was thankful to his parents and his sister for all the efforts they had made for him in order to keep studying, but that didn’t mean he was less nervous as he walked through the main entrance of the building. 

 

He looked at the file he had in his hand where the location of the sports section department was and continued walking.

 

He bit his lips nervously but it was the figure standing just a few meters from him that made him smile in joy.

 

“Jaejoong hyung!” He called completely sure that the guy in front of him was Jaejoong.

 

The black haired guy however looked at him in confusion before he returned the smile and walked towards Junsu.

 

“Junsu yah! You have grown up so much; at first I couldn’t recognize you.” He said jokingly ruffling Junsu’s hair.

 

“Yah Hyung!” The younger exclaimed fixing his hair and glaring at Jaejoong. He never liked it when the older one did that.

 

“So where have you been? Haven’t seen you in ages!” Junsu said as Jaejoong chuckled at his dongsaeng.

 

“Well, a couple of days ago I came back from Japan. I will be working here in the cultural section of the newspaper.” He said with a friendly smile to which Junsu gasped.

 

“For real?! I will be working in the sports section as a reporter.”

 

“You have been doing great then; you found the job you wanted.” Jaejoong said with a proud tone patting Junsu’s shoulder as the other nodded with a smile.

 

“Actually I met your sister today in the bus, but…” but before Jaejoong could finish an old man appeared and stood beside them.

 

They bowed in respect without really knowing who he was.

 

“Good morning. Kim Junsu-sshi, right?” He asked looking at Junsu who smiled and nodded in response.

 

“I suppose that because it is your first day you can’t find the sports section office, but that doesn’t mean you can stay here talking with your friend.” He said looking annoyed at Jaejoong.

 

Junsu nodded and apologized, but Jaejoong smirked an extended his hand to the man.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Choi. I’m Kim Jaejoong, the one from the office in Japan.”

 

The man coughed a bit and accepted the handshake before he showed Jaejoong where he should go since the orders from the chief editor were to help Jaejoong in anything he needed.

 

After Jaejoong thanked him for his help, the man started walking away with Junsu. The younger one only smiled at his confident hyung and waved a goodbye.

 

He, as always, felt grateful to his hyung since he seemed to save him every time.

But there was something that bothered him as he walked behind Mr. Choi.

 

Jaejoong had met his sister.

 

Then that meant he also knew about Yoobin?

 

*************************

 

BoA‘s steps turned slower as she reached the front side of the elementary school.

 

She didn’t want to mix with the other ladies that were waiting for their kids.

 

It wasn’t that she hated to socialize, but she did feel uncomfortable because all they could talk about was their husbands and their marriage and BoA knew that was something she didn’t want to mention.

 

She sighed looking at the sky when her phone rang indicating a new message.

 

[Noona I got the job~! Thanks for everything! Now I’ll help you when you want to study! Ps: Today I met Jaejoong hyung~! He works in the same newspaper!]

 

And when BoA finished reading the message a smile broke out in her face in happiness, feeling so proud of Junsu, since when they moved to the city it was hard for him too, and when she got pregnant even more.

 

But as she read the message again she stopped smiling.

 

“…Jaejoong hyung…. He works in the same newspaper…” She muttered the last part of the message.

 

And her eyes widened as she gasped.

 

Thanks to Junsu she could meet him again even if she was dumb enough to forget to ask him for any information.

 

Because of that bit of information the smile returned to her face as she put her phone back in her purse.

 

What were the chances of meeting him in the bus?

 

What were the chances that he worked in the same place as her brother?

 

After all these years she met him again and that was something that made her excited.

 

Those feelings she had tried to bury long ago seemed so fresh with the idea of meeting him again.

 

And she was giggling like an idiot when a little girl appeared in front of her hugging her leg and asking.

 

“Are you ok, mommy?”

 

But BoA only looked down at her with a shocked expression.

 

For a moment she had forgotten about her.

 

About her little kid.

 

About how she wasn’t the same BoA Jaejoong had met in the town.

 

About how she was supposed to tell him that she had a daughter with another man.

 

“Are you ok, mommy?” Yoobin repeated looking at her mother’s pale face.

 

“Yeah, I’m ok Yoobinie. Let’s go home.” She said unenthusiastically still thinking about how she was going to face Jaejoong now.

 

And through all the way thousands of thoughts crossed her mind, reminding her of all the plans she had in the past and how she didn’t seem to have accomplished any.

 

BoA helped Yoobin with her homework still distracted and when it was time for dinner she had expected a call from Yoochun to say goodnight to Yoobin, but not him standing at her door with a bag of food in his hand.

 

“Goodnight BoA.” He said smirking while he leaned his body on the door frame.

 

And BoA could only sigh as Yoobin grabbed his father’s hand and pulled him inside.

 

“Daddy! You came for dinner!” The little girl said excitedly as they walked in.

 

Yoochun smiled at her and let himself be guided, leaving the bag on the kitchen table.

 

BoA followed them silently annoyed by Yoochun’s presence since he always seemed to be mocking her, but when she arrived at the kitchen Yoobin took her father to the living room to play and BoA had to set the table alone.

 

It was so weird for her to set the table for three people when she had gotten used to set it for two.

 

There was a time when she believed that this could be her reality; having dinner with Yoochun and their baby, but it was even before she discovered that he cheated on her.

 

So now she was busy arranging dinner for the three of them while Yoochun and Yoobin played in the living room and as she started getting distracted with her own thoughts she heard the sound of something breaking in the other room.

 

BoA ran to the living room only to discover that one picture had fallen to the floor and the frame and the glass that covered the picture were broken.

 

Yoobin stood behind her father’s legs looking at the floor while Yoochun looked at BoA with an innocent expression.

 

BoA sighed and ordered them to go to the dinning room while she picked the glass.

 

She used the broom to pick the broken glass, but when she turned around and saw the picture that was discarded on the floor she gasped and glared at Yoochun that now stood in front of her.

 

“What?” He asked nonchalantly crossing his arms on his chest.

 

“We are waiting for you for dinner.” He finished with a smirk.

 

But BoA only sighed frustrated picking up the picture and pressing it securely against her chest.

 

“I’m not going to eat. I’m not hungry.” She said walking to the kitchen with the dustpan and broom and Yoochun behind.

 

“Yah~! Yoobin is waiting for you.” Yoochun said annoyed as he watched BoA putting the broken glass pieces in the garbage.

 

“Well, I’m not hungry! You eat with her. That’s why you came here for, right?” BoA said frowning with the picture still in her hand.

 

“Whatever. You always try to fight with me in front of her.” Yoochun said angrily returning to the dinning room.

 

But BoA didn’t care at all and with heavy steps she started walking to her bedroom.

 

Why did it have to be that picture?

 

The picture in which she was with Jaejoong. The one she had had on the wooden box.

 

Why did it happen the day she had met him again?

 

Was that a sign?

 

BoA looked at the picture with their smiling faces and she felt annoyed that her situation had turned to this.

 

It was still amazing to her that she had managed to continue her life as if Jaejoong hadn’t been in it.

 

It was only in the problematic times when she would remember him, but she wouldn’t be that selfish to only look for him because of that.

 

But being honest with herself she had always been struggling to forget him. The time while she was with Yoochun she made herself believed that she could do it. That she could be happy with another guy. That she wouldn’t have to separate herself from the new guy she had feelings for.

 

But reality was different. So now she wondered many things.

 

Would she be able to smile with Jaejoong like that again?

 

Would she be able to express the feelings she still had for him?
 

And…would he still have feelings for her or had he moved on with another girl?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS! :)

*meeeyi: Thanks for the comment~! And yep, that was a quick meeting, but it seems they will have more opportunities to meet, right? ^^ ….I’m glad you are keeping the hope that everything will be sorted out even when Yoochun is still messing things around…hehe…Hope you liked this chapter too~!

*JhenLuvsJayPark: T___________T Dongsaeng…thanks to you I’m feeling pressure when writing this story….BUT  I’M SOOOOO GLAD you are sharing my story with others and mostly that they like it…EVEN GUYS O.O…..THANKS FOR THAT~! A HAPPY COOKIE FOR YOU~! ;))))))))))) …and also THANKS TO THEM~!!!! ANOTHER COOKIE~! ^^ …..but…waaa~!…I was never good with pressure…so please understand when I take my time to write the next chapter…please ^^….and well, about your comment…yep, Jae appeared and BoA was a dummy letting him go just like that…but you are SO right about fate bringing them together~! ….I hope you liked this chapter too…and well, prepare yourself because Jae will know the truth soon…(this info just for you~! XD) PS: Dongsaeng…where are you from?

*tikaluph: Thanks for the comment~!...and sooooorry~!...I know I took a loooong time to update, but I have been busy…and well, I’m glad you enjoyed that Jae finally appeared…and well, he was confused in fact…but how he will react when he knows the truth?...Hope you liked this new chapter!