Another Side of The Story

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow, great!” Chanyeol exclaimed to see Seungwan and Jongin sitting across each other. “I decided to go home because I was worried about my girlfriend and guess what? She is fine, she is reeeeaaally fine!”

Seungwan rose from her seat. “No, Chan—“

“What’s your excuse this time?!” Chanyeol’s tone was loud and it actually scared her. Jongin followed her to stand up.

“Yeol, I was just stopping by and—oomf!” Kai’s words were cut short by a fist sent by the taller guy against his cheek. He stumbled backwards before falling on his with Seungwan’s shriek as the background.

“Chan what are you doing?!” Seungwan was going to check on Jongin but Chanyeol beat her to it by kicking the younger’s shoulder so his upper body was intact to the floor.

“Chanyeol!!”

He wasn’t hearing her anymore. Spreading his legs between Jongin’s body, he knelt down and started punching the poor boy repeatedly.

“Chanyeol stop it!”

Seungwan tried to pull her boyfriend away from Jongin but he didn’t budge. Chanyeol was actually holding himself not to be too rough to Seungwan while managing to be as beastly as he could to Jongin. He swung his fists to every part of Jongin’s face, not leaving any untouched.

“You bastard…”

Jongin muttered, choking on his own blood. He couldn’t feel his face anymore, Chanyeol was surely furious he didn’t hold back even a bit.

“Oh, really? You’re the one ing with my girlfriend and suddenly I’m the bastard, huh?!” he sent another hit towards Jongin’s cheek. Saliva vertically ran down the bruised surface, along with some fresh blood.

Seungwan was crying while still trying to pull Chanyeol away to separate the two. She actually couldn’t stand the painful sound of Chanyeol’s fists ramming against Jongin’s face, but she held on. Nobody could stop Chanyeol if it wasn’t her.

One thing she forgot was that she hadn’t eaten anything for the last 48 hours and she has no energy left to do anything. So she just clung onto her boyfriend, sitting on the floor with her hands around his shoulders, hugging him from behind. Not really pulling him back, but more to leaning against him for she couldn’t even lift a finger anymore.

“Chan… Stop it…” she spoke between hushed breathes. Her head felt so heavy right then, followed by a churning, twisting sensation in her stomach. Her conscience was slowly leaving her. She tried to fight back for a moment but finally succumbed to the darkness.

Seungwan fell onto the cold floor with a thud.

Chanyeol didn’t realize the no longer existent tugs on his shirt and continued to beat the man under him into pulp. Jongin was also losing his senses, he could see stars floating mid- air. The dense taste of iron suffocated his larynx so badly he wanted nothing but instant death.

Just then, he saw Seungwan’s motionless body in the corner of his eyes. He made sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him, and when he realized that she was really not moving, his breath hitched.

“W—Wan…” he mumbled, trying his best to get rid of Chanyeol. He rolled to his side in attempt to break free from the giant but was greeted with another punch on his nose. He swore he could hear a crack out of it.

Jongin honestly didn’t fight back when Chanyeol bombarded him with punches because he knew he deserved it. His own confession towards Wendy about him seeing Chanyeol’s coma as a chance actually disgusted him to his core, he couldn’t imagine if he was in the older man’s position. He admitted himself as a backstabbing and whole- heartedly accepted his consequences.

But when he saw Seungwan’s unmoving state on the floor, his anger rose. Which was the reason he started pushing Chanyeol away from him with all the energy left in his system. He also kicked Chanyeol’s back with his free knee. Catching both of the latter’s fists, Jongin applied a lot of pressure to his palms to topple the man above him to the ground.

“YOU DON’T DESERVE HER YOU HEARTLESS JERK!” Jongin shouted while doing so, somehow gaining strength from his own voice that he succeeded to make Chanyeol fell on his . Jongin quickly crawled to the unconscious Seungwan, not caring about the blood dripping from his face onto the floor.

“Wan… Wan are you okay?” he gently cupped her face with his trembling hands. “Wan- ah… Wake up…”

Chanyeol, realizing the situation, widened his eyes. “Wh—what happened to her?” he rushed to the other side and tried to snatch her away from Jongin, but Jongin slapped his hand away.

“What happened to her?! I should ask you the same question!” Jongin’s voice was unstable; he was clearly in the verge of crying. “What did you do to her?! You’re too busy in your own mind, Park Chanyeol. You didn’t realize you’re hurting her! YOU DON’T DESERVE HER!”

Chanyeol’s veins on his neck almost popped out of his skin. “THEN DO YOU?!” he grabbed Jongin by his collar and stood up, bringing the younger man onto his feet. He didn’t know how he got all the energy to fight Jongin and was still able to lift him up. He honestly didn’t care, though.

Jongin swung his leg to Chanyeol’s belly, giving it a powerful kick. The grip around his neck came off as the owner stumbled back. Jongin, enraged, charged towards him and gave a strong punch against his left cheek, making him collapsed onto the floor with blood trickling down from his lips. He didn’t bother to get up anymore; he just lay down on the ground with his eyes open.

Jongin then fished his phone out of his jeans’ pocket and called the ambulance. He placed the phone next to his ears and spoke, “Sure, I deserve her better than you do” before the receiver picked up.

 

“She’s exhausted and poorly dehydrated. Mildly malnourished, hypoglycemia. Seems like she’s been skipping meals” the doctor informed to the men with bandages on their faces. “We’ve given her intravenous administration of glucose and she should get better as the time passes. For now, she’s still unconscious and it’s best for the two of you not to interrupt”

Jongin and Chanyeol didn’t really understand the medical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter