First Love

Mr. Healing? or Killing? Smile

       Twice arrived at their usual table. And immediately right after everyone got seated they started bombarding Sana with questions.


       "What was that all about?"


       "Did you just shout at Mr. Oh's class or was that just my imagination?"


       "Why do you seem mad at the transferee? Did he do anything to you?"


       "Are you alright? Is something bothering you? This is so not like you."


       "Are you on your period or you just lost a five hundred dollar bill?"


       "I didn't know you had the ability to glare at someone, I should've taken a photo!"


       "No, I think we should have taken a video, also, the 'WHAT?!' scene too, that would be a good gift for her when she turns fifty years old!"


       "Guyssss!!!" Sana exclaimed making the girls shut up.


       "I don't know what happened with me back there okay! I don't know what took over me! Yes I kind of raised my voice a while ago but that was just an accident! No, I'm not mad at the transferee I'm just a little pissed or maybe just ticked off. I'm okay and yes this is so not me and I'm really mad at myself. And Nayeon No, It's not that time of the month yet and I didn't lose a five hundred dollar bill, that’s not even connected here?! And Dahyun and Chaeyoung, thank God you weren't able to film that, I wouldn't want any of that scene replaying on my fiftieth birthday," Sana answered in one go.
      

...


       Silence embraced the girls. Everyone was trying their best to absorb the whole situation.


       Tzuyu was the first one to break the unusual silence in the group.


       "Sooo why did all of this happen? You rarely act irrationally and you’re not the type to embarrass yourself unless there's something wrong," Tzuyu looked at Sana trying to understand what has been going on in her friend's head.


       "Well I kind of spaced out because I was just thinking about something and I didn't know what was happening while I was thinking so uhmm yeah those things happened a while ago," Sana explained.


       "You were thinking about what?" Momo said.


       "Well..." Sana drawled.


       "Oh shish just spit it out already, you know you can't keep things from us," Jungyeon huffed.


       "Okay okay, I was actually thinking of ways on how to escape the dares that you'll give me in the future it's just that..." Even before Sana could finish her sentence, Jihyo interrupted her.


       "So you're saying..." Jihyo paused and looked at Sana meaningfully.


       "Saying what?" Sana was confused with her friend's actions.


       "You admit it!!!!" Jihyo shouted and looked at the other girls who then understood what she was trying to say.


       "Admit what?" Sana seemed to be the only one who didn't get what Jihyo was trying to say.


       "That Yuta is handsome and he has all the positive features that we we're hoping for! You admit it that's why you were thinking of ways on how to escape the future dares that we will give you! You wouldn't be thinking of that if you haven't accepted the fact that you lost in our deal!" Nayeon exclaimed feeling the excitement with the twice members.


       This is the first time ever that Sana made a participation in their deal and the girls were so thrilled that she lost. They're not bad friends though. They just want Sana to have a little fun. Most of the time, she's very uptight and strict with herself. So when they had an opportunity, they just grabbed it. They didn't even think that Sana would agree. But upon seeing the turn of events, they're actually glad that Sana's stubbornness will teach her a lesson. She's actually a positive thinker, but when it comes to fun things, Sana is the labeled "killjoy" of the group.

 

       Sana realized what just happened and it dawned on her that if she hadn't said anything at all then they would not have known that she really lost.


       "Uhmmm did I just say that? I... I don't remembers stating that exactly okay? what I meant was that erm even if I say that I don't think the same way as you guys, uhh, you know, the girls in our class already claimed that he's like that 'everything nice' person that you guys were looking forward to, sooo yeah, that's... that's what I was trying to say" Sana tried explaining but the girls were just giving her meaningful looks.


       "Yeah right, we are sooo believing you" Dahyun laughed with the twice members.


       “Are you mocking me?" Sana pouted.


       "Okay okay, that's enough girls" Mina tried helping the now flustered Sana but she can't even control her own giggles for her embarrassed friend.


        "Yahhh stop it! You're making me feel more embarrassed" Sana protested.


        "We're sorry, it's just... we can’t help it. This is actually the first time ever since we met you that you lost your composure, that you embarrassed yourself and you, making yourself more embarrassed than you'll ever be." Chaeyoung said in between her laughs.


       "I know" Sana pouted adorably.


       "And it's all thanks to Yuta's arrival!" Tzuyu shouted.


       "Yah! Keep it down! He might think that we're talking about him!" Sana shushed her friends.


       "But WE ARE talking about him," Jungyeon shrugged.


       "But I don't want them to get the wrong idea! Aish! I give up!" Sana sighed upon seeing her friends already discussing among themselves, not even bothering to listen to her.


      "You're so worked up about this thing. You know, that's the actual reason why you're in this situation." Momo nudged her friend.


       "I know, but I can't really control myself. I don't know how to not stress about even the smallest details. And, I'm not really used to doing things like this," Sana buried her face in her hands.
      

       "Just enjoy this experience. I'm pretty sure that this will only be once in a lifetime. We'll make sure to give you the best consequences ever. And maybe one day, you'll thank us because you had to experience and feel a lot of things because of this setup" Mina said while shrugging and giving her friend a smile.


       "Right, whatever. I'll be thankful if you girls won't make me do embarrassing stuffs," Sana grumbled.


       "Well I'm not promising anything," Nayeon giggled.


        “Oh my Gosh, I really need to start preparing myself for what’s to come,” Sana sighed but a small smile appeared on her lips after seeing her friends. She knows that they just want her to enjoy her school life while she still has the time to do so. Her friends might appear to be Goddesses but they’re just a bunch of crazy teenage girls but she loves them nonetheless.


        “AHA!!! I got it now!” Dahyun abruptly stood up and shouted out of nowhere.


        “Keep it down Dahyun! You’re making a scene!” Sana scolded while looking around after noticing that most of the students were staring at their table now.


        “Don’t mind us everyone! It’s just the usual! You can go back to you delicious meals,” Jungyeon stated while grinning sheepishly. 


        “What was that about?” Chaeyoung asked while pulling Dahyun back to her seat.


        “You see, I’ve been thinking. I felt a sense of familiarity towards Yuta when I saw him walk in our classroom. I thought I’ve seen him somewhere before but I was wrong,” Dahyun eagerly shared.


        “Wait, you’re so confusing! If you haven’t seen him before why would you feel familiar towards him?” Chaeyoung asked.


        “That’s because he looks like someone, well not really someone but he looks like an anime character. He looks like Kou Mabuchi from Au Haru Ride,” Dahyun said while crossing her arms and looking at the now wide eyed Sana.


        “You mean that anime character that Sana has been gushing on and on about. The one that she said, as I quote, “If ever I meet someone who looks just like Kou then I’ll ask him to marry me,” Jungyeon said making Sana’s eyes wider than ever


       “Exactly!” Dahyun stated confidently.


       “I did not say that!” Sana defended. But she, of all people, knew the truth. She said those exact words that Jungyeon said because she was so caught up in that anime series. She could even remember herself convincing the twice members to watch the said series so that they could understand her. She watched Au Haru Ride countless times, a huge sign that she loved it. And still, she loves it. She likes the main characters but she likes Kou Mabuchi the most. The Twice members won’t easily forget about him since he’s the first guy ever that Sana had liked. Even though he was really nonexistent, Sana liked him so much to the point she might have said some stupid stuffs just like the “marry his look alike” statement. And now she’s regretting saying those words because the other members might come up with some weird dare because of that.


       “Oh come on Sana, you shouldn’t deny your first love!” Jihyo teased.


       “I’m not denying Kou okay? I was just so caught up in the spur of the moment because I’m a huge fan that’s why I said those words but they were bearing no intent,” Sana huffed.


       “Okay, okay! We’re not saying anything, we just remembered, there’s no big deal,” Momo said trying her best not to laugh at Sana.


       “And besides, how can you even say that Yuta looks like Kou, if there would be someone who can say that, that would be me,” Sana snorted.


       “Well I kind of forgot how that Kou Mabuchi looks like so I don’t know which side to go,” Mina shrugged.


       “Already on it!” Dahyun exclaimed.


       “What are you doing there?” Tzuyu peered over Dahyun’s shoulder to see what she was doing with her phone.


       “Well, to prove my point, I placed Yuta’s pictures next to Kou Mabuchi’s pictures so that you can see the huge resemblance between the two,” Dahyun said then showed her phone to everyone.

 

 


       “Whoahhh! You’re right! Yuta looks just like him! It’s as if Kou’s image was based from Yuta’s Face,” Chaeyoung concluded.


       “Let me see! Let me see!” Nayeon jumped in her seat enthusiastically.


       “Well now I believe that Dahyun has perfect eye sight and sharp memory. I don’t know if Yuta looks like Kou or Kou looks like Yuta. This is so amazing!” Mina said.


       “Come to think of it, all nct members are like anime characters and they look similar with famous anime charaters from famous series,” Momo said while looking at nct’s table.


      “Enlighten us please,” Tzuyu said.


       “Well, remember when Taeyong had this purplish/grayish hair? He looked just like Akise Aru from Future Diary, 

 

and because of Taeil’s orange hair I kind of think that he looks like Hinata from Haikyuu, 

 

and whenever I see Johnny’s side profile I see a similarity of his features with Levi from Attack on Titan, 

 

also Doyoung who looks like Yato from Noragami, 

 

And in some angles Mark looks like Soma Yukihira from Food Wars,

 

The same goes with Haechan who looks like Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko’s Basketball,

 

as well as Jaehyun and Winwin who gives off the Makoto and Haru vibe, respectively, from the swimming themed anime series Free,” Momo stated after recalling the times when she thought that the nct members looked like persons who came out from anime series.


       “That’s just so cool! I just realized now when Momo cited each member’s corresponding look alike,” Tzuyu said feeling astounded.


       “Well they are all handsome guys. They can practically look like all other anime characters because they are handsome. And almost all anime characters are handsome,” Jihyo said.


       The girls continued talking about other schoolmates who looked like anime characters while Sana stayed in the same position, staring and holding Dahyun’s phone in her hands. 


       “What happened to her?” Jungyeon nudged Mina.


       “I don’t know, after seeing the pictures she just stayed rooted in her spot like that,” Mina said.


       “I think our friend got culture shocked about the fact that her first love, who happens to be an anime character, has a representative here in the human world,” Nayeon chimed in.


       “Hey Sana! Sanaaaaaa! Hey! Heyyyy! Yoohooooo!” Jihyo called for Sana’s attention.


       “Uh, yeah, what?” Sana asked after waking up from her trance.


       “Have you fallen for Yuta?” Tzuyu teased.


       “WHAT? NO! Why would I fall for him?” Sana said defensively.


       “Well duh! First, he’s handsome and kind, second, he’s Japanese and you both came from the same hometown, third and the most important of all, he looks just like your First love!” Chaeyoung cited.


       “First, describing someone as handsome is subjective and we’re not really sure if he’s really kind. Second, what’s the connection of being Japanese and coming from the same hometown in this? Third, I don’t think that he looks like Kou, that’s my opinion, and if you think that he does then so what? He’s not Kou so he isn’t my first love,” Sana answered.


      “So defensive! Whatever! We won’t push you anymore. I don’t even get why you’re so pissed,” Nayeon said.


       “I’m not pissed as in pissed! There’s just something that I don’t feel right about.” Sana stated.


       Sana looked at Nct's table. Right when she turned her face towards them, she saw that Yuta was already looking at her. Sana got startled and was about to turn away when Yuta smiled at her. Not knowing what to do,Sana faced her right to act as if she's in a conversation with Mina,but Mina was just talking to Dahyun so she faced her left seatmate but Momo was also busy talking to Jungyeon. When she looked back at Yuta,he was still looking at her so she just looked at her lap and acted as if she was busy with something because she didn't know how to react to Yuta. She felt so stupid because she practically looked like an idiot right now.


        Taeyong saw Yuta’s little interaction with Sana. 


        “I hope everything turns out okay with your little moment later with your crush,” Taeyong teased.


        “It’s just a school tour! And what ‘crush’ are you talking about?” Yuta said defensively.


        “Nothing nothing!” Taeyong said while chuckling at his friend’s obviousness. 
      
 

 

Writer's Note:

I still hope that there will still be readers for this story :)

credits to allkpop for the pictures.