Misunderstandings

Mr. Healing? or Killing? Smile

    "Why is everyone so interested in him?" Sana mumbled to herself.


      Sana was annoyed. From the moment the new student entered the room, Sana knew that she was going to receive the losing end of her deal with the twice members. No matter how hard she tried, she can't deny the fact that Yuta was good looking. What made the matters worse, he seemed to be a kind person. Seeing him smile at everyone and even giving off that friendly and approachable vibe through his self introduction, Sana realized that maybe this guy had that "handsome,kind and everything nice" trait that the girls were expecting for. Sana started to think of ways on how to still win the deal. But, upon hearing every girl in her class squeal and fangirl over the new kid, Sana knew that she's doomed.


       "Uhm excuse me?," Yuta poked Sana's shoulder. But she seems to be in her own world so Yuta kept on poking her.


      Sana concentrated and thought of ways on how to escape this ordeal. She knew her friends. They're friends but when it comes to deals and engagements,they take things seriously and you can't back out on your words. She can already see herself doing bizarre and crazy dares made by none other than the mischievous twice. It's actually one of the reasons why she doesn't join their childish dares and games. They don't take each other lightly,they give hard but fun (fun for the one giving not for the one doing) dares. They're friends so they don't have hard feelings about it but all their consequences and punishments are insane. Insane may even be an understatement. 


      There was a time when they got into this deal that if their professor comes in with a pink shirt then Jungyeon would cut her hair into a pixie style. Thinking that Mr. Jin always wore white,Jungyeon confidently agreed but things had gone wrong the next day when he appeared in pink because it was his birthday. Obviously with Jungyeon's hair, it's clear that she lost. Her mom had gone ballistic after seeing Jungyeon with a very short hair. Jungyeon told her mom that she burned her hair while using curlers so she had to cut them.

 


      There was also this time when they were betting whether the school's janitor had a thing with the lady server from the cafeteria and if they were a thing, Nayeon will receive a consequence. They turned out to be dating so Nayeon had to ask out Minhyuk,the member of the dance troupe BtoB. Asking him out was the easy part, farting in front of him wasn't. Nayeon never felt so embarassed in her life,just that one time. She tried to cover it up by acting like she burped but Minhyuk knew better. Nayeon was thankful that Minhyuk was a gentleman and told her it was normal and that she drank a grande milk shake so she might have gone gassy.

 


      There was still a long list of punishments and consequences that Sana can say and just imagining them right now but seeing herself as the one doing it, Sana just wanted to disappear. Having one dare was scary enough but having each member give her one? She doesn't know if she will still be able to survive her high school life. Especially knowing her friends, Nayeon and Jihyo in particular. Those two would probably give her the most difficult and insane dare. She was thinking of ways on how to control the maknae line and ways on how to bribe the Japan line so that they would give her an easy task. She was in the middle of forming her plan when she felt someone poking her. Someone was interrupting her thinking time and it irritated the wits out of Sana. The person irked her to the point that she actually voiced out her annoyance when it was supposed be in her head only.


      "WHAT?!," Sana lashed out, surprising not just herself but also everyone inside the room. Sana never really raised her voice. She doesn't even get mad,like serious mad. She was so shocked that she did that.

 


      Yuta was shocked with her outburst. He thought that maybe,she was bothered by his continuous poking,it's just,she was not responding when he called her. He didn't want to pat her because she was not a guy,or pull her hair to get her attention so he just poked her. Unfortunately, he did not see that it would bother her. Yuta felt bad. Judging by the looks that everyone gave Sana,she doesn't seem like the girl to lash out on anyone, and he feels like he's the one at fault here. Yes,he likes to tease and annoy his friends but this was different, he wasn't friends with Sana and he didn't want to be on anyone's bad side in his new school. He was about to say sorry when Mr. Oh spoke.


      "Ms. Minatozaki,is there something wrong?"Mr. Oh asked after recovering from his shock.


       With her head hung low Sana shook her head and apologized for what she did.


       "I'm sorry sir, I just... I accidentally raised my voice,I apologize it won't happen again."


       She also bowed in front of her classmates and lastly,bowed in front of Yuta with a flushed face.


       "I'm sorry,I didn't mean that!" She squeaked, still hiding her face due to the extreme embarassment.


      "No, I should be the one to say sorry, It might have turned out that I was bugging you, I just wanted to say thay you dropped your handkerchief on the floor," Yuta said while pointing at Sana's hanky below her chair.

 


      "Oh! Thank you!" Sana said and immediately reached out for her hanky and sat down feeling stupid for shouting at somebody who's just trying to help.


      "What has gotten into you?," Momo,Sana's seatmate,asked her with concern.


      "Nothing, I'm okay, Mr. Oh is starting, we better listen now," Sana said giving her friend a small smile.


      The twice members knew that something was wrong with their friend. Looking at each other's eyes giving signals that they had to talk it out during lunch, the twice members went back to listening to Mr. Oh.


      The Bell rang for their next subject. For every subject,Yuta had to introduce himself to his new professors. Everyone liked Yuta's humor. Even the professors can't help but admire his bright and silly personality.


      During their last subject before lunch,Ms. Kim made an announcement.


      "Since Mr. Nakamoto is new to this school,I'm pretty sure that he is not yet familiar with the ways, locations and room assignments here so he needs to have his tour..." Ms. Kim continued and Winwin bumped Yuta's shoulder to get his attention.


      "I think we'll be the one to show you around. This is going to be exciting, we'll show you our secret hide out and our practice room."


      Yuta nodded his head and smiled feeling the excitement of going around the school.


      "... and there will be an excuse letter so, Yuta and his tour guide will be excused for the afternoon lessons."


      Yuta and Taeyong were in the middle of doing a high five after hearing the word excused when Ms. Kim asked a question.


      "So Yuta you came from Osaka right?"


      "Yes Ma'am," Yuta answered.


      "I don't feel good about this," Sana mumbled to herself.


      "Ms. Minatozaki, knowing that you also came from Osaka I believe that Mr. Nakamoto would be most comfortable having you as his tour guide. Tell him the rules here in school in case he hasn't read the student manual yet. Go to the faculty room after lunch so you can get the signed excuse letter." Ms. Kim stated.


      "b...but," Sana grumbled softly but Ms. Kim heard her.


      "Is there a problem Ms. Minatozaki?"


      The girls inside their class envied Sana for being able to take Yuta around the school at the same time they pitied her. Whenever there's a task to be done, Ms. Kim would always call up on Sana. May it be arranging the portfolios, sending files to faculty members and making announcements, If Ms. Kim is the one giving orders then it's a hundred percent sure that Sana is the one expected do to it. They're kind of puzzled though, Ms. Kim belonged to those kind and friendly professors in their school. She's like a friend to every student. But when it came to giving out orders, the said professor took an unusual liking of making Sana do the work. It's as if Ms. Kim was trying to test Sana's patience. But Sana gladly obliges to any of her orders. All they know is that Sana is Ms. Kim's favorite student and after her announcement about Yuta's school tour, they already knew that Sana would do it. It just appeared that out of all orders, Sana seemed to not like the idea of being alone with the new handsome guy and being the chosen tour guide.


       "Uhm there's no problem Ma'am, It's just, Mr. Nakamoto already has friends here. I think Taeyong or whoever from his group would make Yuta's tour more fun and worth while since he's already close with them." Sana explained nervously trying her best to give a valid reason.


      Honestly speaking she didn't want to be the tour guide. After what happened in Mr. Oh's class, Sana couldn't even manage to look Yuta straight in the eyes so how would you expect her to help the guy in his tour around the school?

 


      Yuta sensed Sana's discomfort. He might have really annoyed the said girl to show hesistance on touring him. So he thought of helping her out by convincing Ms. Kim himself.


      "Erm Ms. Kim, Ms. Minatozaki is right, I'm already friends with Taeyong and the rest and they're very much willing to tour me this afternoon. I don't want to bother Ms. Minatozaki, she might not want to miss the afternoon classes so I think it would be best if I just go with Taeyong or whoever from my friends." Yuta said trying to be convincing as much as possible. He wants to make it up to Sana and he didn't want to bother her so he was hoping that Ms. Kim would listen to him.


      'It would be BEST if I just go with Taeyong or whoever from my friends'? Was that an indirect rejection? was that... was that an implicit way of saying he doesn't want Sana to tour him? Sana's mind was clouded by a lot of things so the first thing that she understood after Yuta finished speaking was that he refuses to be toured by Sana. Yes, she knows that she was the one who suggested but he could have said that he was actually fine being toured by her or by anyone nonetheless. But no, he just had to outright tell Ms. Kim and everyone that he doesn't prefer Sana to tour him. Sana got mad. First, he was the reason why she got into this stupid deal with the twice members. Second, he interrupted her thinking time making her lash out on him accidentally and embarrassing herself in front of everyone. And now, he makes a fool out of her by rejecting her as his tour guide.

 


      Sana was having an internal battle with her mind when Ms. Kim decided to speak up.


      "Mr. Nakamoto, I know that you already have friends here but you see, comparing the academic performance of your friends with Ms. Minatozaki, Sana here can afford to be excused in the afternoon classes because she does well in class while your friends... " Ms. Kim looked at the group of boys at the back of the room while repositioning her glasses and they just smiled at her sheepishly.


      "... can't afford to miss their lessons this afternoon since they already missed some classes last week because their coach requested to excuse the boys for varsity matters. Though I very much support their extra curricular activities, I think they really need to attend their classes this week since they need to make up for their missed lessons. Thus, Ms. Minatozaki comes in the picture. Ms. Minatozaki what do you think?" Ms. Kim looked at Sana waiting for her response.


      I won't give that little takoyaki the satisfaction of rejecting me. Hah!


      "On second thought Ms. Kim, I think you're right, the others need to catch up on missed lessons so I'll just be the one to tour Mr. Nakamoto," Sana said smiling sweetly in front of Ms. Kim.


      Yuta scratched his head. He was confused because just a minute ago, Sana appeared to be uncomfortable of the thought of touring him around school and now, she just changed her mind, just like that. Yuta stared at Sana's back. She must be one of those kind students. She clearly cared for her classmate's academic standing. Yuta was about to say thank you to Sana when she snapped her head towards him.


      Sana glared at Yuta thinking that he must have been disappointed that she agreed to tour him because she thinks that the said boy disliked him. But what she saw when she turned her head was not a disappointed Yuta but a smiling Yuta which then turned to a confused Yuta. Sana scoffed not understanding why Yuta had those expressions in his face.


      The NCT boys saw the weird exchange between Sana and Yuta and just shrugged their shoulders.


      When the bell rang for lunch, Sana stood up and waited for Yuta to finish fixing his things. When Yuta got up...


      "Meet me at the door of the cafeteria 15 minutes before lunch time ends. We still have to get our excuse letter. Don't be late," Sana stated with a poker face then turned her body and headed towards the door.

 

 

 

Writer's Note: 

I noticed some subscribers already unsubcribed T_T, I think it's because my story is really going in a slow pace? I'm sorry, I just have a lot of things going on now and I don't want to rush the flow,I'm trying to build up the sequence (I don't know if I'm doing it right though). I promise you that after all this shenanigans I'm experiencing, things will be better. It took me a while to do this chap since I'm sad and I had rewritten this 4 times because the first 3 attempts just lead to an angsty and dramatic chap and that's very far from the theme of the story. 

 

Anywayyyy! don't be mistaken, I love Jungyeon and I love her girl crush look because of her hair. She's one of my girl biases in the kpop world.so yeah.

And,haha the farting thing about Nayeon,yeah,I got inspired with the couples and farting adverstisement of her and Minhyuk.

 

Don't worry, a week will never pass by without at least one or two updates. See you in the next chaps! glitter kisses!!!