Chapter 6

Everything is you

AN: Thank you for subscribing.  Feed back is extremely welcomed. Opinions and ideas too. I do have the concept of the story in mind, from the beginning to the end, but twists are always nice to have... right?

Also, I just sort of realised this might become longer than I actually expected since i don't write long chapters.  

Grammar mistakes are there.. sorry about them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho had always thought old ladies that lived alone were either cat hoarders or widowers that had nothing else to do than knit and stalk their neighbours. Upon finding himself in a living room of one elderly neighbour of Lee Jinki, Minho's assumptions were rather close to his original thoughts.

Kim Eunhye was a lovely little lady at her 80's, she had five cats, she knitted daily. At least that is what Minho concluded from the massive amount of different colored wool socks he counted on the side table. And apparently she was very well aware of Lee Jinki's disappearance. And not only that...Minho thought that he had hit the jackpot. Lovely Ms Kim had taken upon herself to store part of Lee Jinki's possession and quote "just until he returns, it would be so horrid for him if he returned home and none of his belongings were there."

Minho had interrogated the old lady in a manner of respect. She told him pretty much the same everyone else had told him, but in her speech the detective found bits and pieces that were both surprising and proving the facts he and Kibum had already stated truth.
According to her Lee Jinki was a lovely young man who took care of Mr Fluff when Ms Kim had been ill. Mr Fluff had been her first cat of the five. In her opinion Jinki was abit of a shy young man, worked hard with his studies,  there was a very handsome young man that visited him time to time and in her opinion he was a perfect example of a nice quiet neighbour.
The car? Yes, of course she had seen the car. It was there quite often in the weeks prior to Jinki's disappearance. A white sedan. It had first appeared about two months before Jinki had disappeared. She didn´t think much of it though. At this apartmet complex there were people whose friends simply parked their cars for weeks in the near by parking lot.
Yes, she had some of Jinki's things, of course dectective could look them through, the detectives before had done the same, they were mostly clothes and workpapers, the furnitures were kept at the building managers warehouse. All of the people here had loved the man. So nice and pretty, very well mannered man.
Oh, but before she had collected Jinki's possession there had been a man. He had introduced himself as a police officer, one investigating the case. He even had a uniform. But no, she could not remember his name. He had taken two boxes of random items as evidence, that is what he had told her.

Minho was rather surprised upon hearing this. As much as he knew there were two boxes of evidence, but they all were scarce and definately not just mere items from Jinki's  apartment, most reports written by the previous set of investigators.
Either the guy really was a cop, and those items taken truly would be found at those boxes that currently was laid on their desk, or then the guy had gotten a uniform from somewhere and had just stolen items from the apartment in disguise. The case was becoming more and more weirder the longer they were investigating it.

Did she remeber what the nice policeman had taken as evidence? Of course she did, she was there wasn't she? A hairbrush, some undergarments, cd's, few dress shirts, a diary and some pens. What a strange things police could use as evidence these days. But she didn't wonder. she had read that police could use any kind of things to collect scientific evidence these days. Not in her yeath she had ever heard of molecules being the proof of a killer or anything. Where had the world gone with all this...

Minho had tried to get a description of the man, but it had been a bit vague. normal built man, rather young looking with brown hair, korean obviously.  So it could fit almost anyone who was male and between ages 20 to 30.

Jacket covered in cat hair Minho escaped with the excuse of making a report for his superior before Ms Kim would get into telling her complete life story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kibum on the other hand was staring at his computer screen. He had manged to get information from the local department that managed half of the driver's licences in the area. Police were efficient these days, trying to record matters into their intranet files. Indeed, Jinki had renewed his licence. But that is not what disturbed Kibum the most.
Each police officer who viewed or entered information to any of the police files needed to use their login information to get into the files, Jinki's DMV information were logged several times during the investigation but the one that caught Kibum's interest was one into prior the investigation, it was the one adding the second driver's licence into the system. What Kibum had not expected was to see a familiar login info. Their chief's. 
This brough out questions.

As to his knowledge Kim Jonghyun had never had to work in the registration office nor would have any interest on blunt office work in any rate. To Kibum his chief had always been rather practical man and hated computers with vengeance.  So why was his login information there? He would have to ask about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho appeared to the office only twenty minutes later, relaying his information from the woman he now had subbed as "the old cat lady from apartment A5." Kibum relayed his own conclusions. For a moment the detectives just stared one another before they simultaniously went to the evidence boxes, pulling everything out. There were no items listed by the neighbour to be found. That meant their perpetrator had been the man. 

"Minho, you need to get back to that woman and take one police officer who specialises in scetches. This could be our break we need. We could finally get a face to the person who is behind this all. And maybe with luck we could finally have a decent suspect."

With a nod Minho made a phone call to Ms Kim, inquiring if it were alright for him and another police officer to come and visit her that evening, to make a drawing of the man she had seen taking the evidence. And of course their were heart welcomed to visit her. 

Neither of them saw nor heard someone stepping away from their room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hour and a half later when Minho returned to the apartment complext with a young police officer in tow he found Ms. Kim laying on her face by the kicthen table, half made wool scarf wrapped around her neck. Strangled. 

The case werenn't going to get its head start after all. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------