Chapter 2

Everything is you

May 25th 2012

 

Jinki closed the office door and placed the key to his pocket. Another day at the office done. He chuckled to himself thinking the wording and turned around. He felt at ease. He loved his job,the little help he could give to students while he continued towards his own goal. 

Life had been good for him lately, he had a nice place to work at, a good place to live and even though his and Changmin's relation had ended he knew it had been for the best. Stability, that was what Jinki liked. He liked how he could know what was going on, knowing what the day was to bring for him. Routines. 

The corridor was dim lighted, but Jinki knew his way in the building. Stairs down and he passed the guards booth, bowing the old man his good byes. They would greet again in the morning, another routine Jinki enjoyed. 

Jinki stepped out to the crisp evening air, the sun having settled enough that the streetlights were on. It was not unusual for him to stay at work this long, his master's degree thesis still needing to be finished so he stayed behind. He enjoyed it. He had something to do. There was really nothing at home anymore. No one to wait for him or anyone to meet. Not since Changming chose to leave to Japan. 

Jinki exited the gates and stepped on the street. There weren't people around, students had gone home hours ago, and less staff to stumble on. The bus stop was close by, but the slight eerie feeling Jinki experienced upon this lonely street made him feel edgy. Thank goodness it would not take long for his ride home to arrive.

But he never reached to the bus stop. 

"Finally, I waited long enough."


 

 

Jinki didn't know how long it had been but when he opened his eyes the next time he was in a place that was unfamiliar to him. Panic rose to his throat, making him feel like could barely breath. He felt nauseous, scared and terrified. Trying to take a deep breath, willing his panic to dissipate Jinki slowly rose from the bed he had been put on. 

He found himself in a bedroom, white sheets and decor everywhere, but he was too busy to wobble towards the door and escape to look at the room more clearly. He needed to get away, instinct calling him to run before whoever had kidnapped him here would return. As that thought passed his mind he realized the person could be inside the building somewhere, waiting him to try and run off.

The window! Jinki wobbled towards the white satin ropes on the wall that looked like courtains, opening them only to find a barricated window of a high storey building. He could not go through there. 

Jinki stood still and tried to listen. He heard no sounds, there was the possibility that his kidnapper was gone, but surely would come back. Trembling he went back to the door, tried the doorknob to find it turning. The door was unlocked and it opened to a larger space that looked like a living room. It was rather large, but Jinki was too busy to look for the entrance to notive anything else for the moment. It looked like no-one was home, even thought all the lights were on and Jinki was almost certain now that he wasn't alone in the apartment. It was as if he was a live cast on a horror movie, the murderer just waiting him around the corner to slaughter him in the worst way possible. 

Finally concentrating enough to scan around the room for the front door Jinki saw something that made his blood freeze. The back wall of the room was lighted with spotlights, polaroid pictures of him pinned on the wall. 

It made Jinki loose all his concentration towards escaping and slowly he walked towards the scene. The closer he came the more he saw, the pictures had been taken while he had been doing his daily business:, at work, at a cafe, bookstore, grocery shopping, by his apartment building, with Changmin...someone had been taking pictures of him, following him for weeks, months...as if the pictures weren't enough there were things on the table he had though having lost due his neglacence; comb, t-shirt, cd, waterbottle, driver's licence...he had a stalker and now the stalker had him. 

Jinki trembled, stepping backwards and trying to decipher what all of this meant and why. Stumbling on a coffe table he tried to turn around and finally find his escape before his days were counted. Only to crash against a sturdy chest. Jinki screamed, frightened his wits end. Arms circled around him, pulling him closer as the voice of his kidnapper spoke. 

"Shhh, It's ok. I've got you know, finally. Can't let you go now."