Chapter 5

Everything is you

The next day found the detectives still as baffled as they had been before. Sleep had been evasive and neither Kibum or Minho had gotten enough sleep to be relaxed. The bulletin board was still placed the same as it had been previous day, Lee Jinki's picture mocking them for not being anywhere closer on finding him. 

Kibum rubbed his forehead in frustration. He hated to have thos feeling. Somewhere in the bottom of his mind he was certain he had heard something that was a key to start. Something that had been said. 

He looked over the resent files and notes, but could not fathom what the little piece of information was. Sighing a bit he turned to his partner. 

"Minho, I have this feeling...that we were told something we should check out."

Minho stared at his partner for a moment before he nodded. He too had been too stressed to sleep and had been racking his mind over what had happened to the missing man. He had created theories of motives while laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling. Some where stupid, some where plausable and could be a point of view to the case. 

"Yeah, I got that feeling too, but I don't know what it is."

Before Kibum could continue the conversation and have a full blown brainstorm with his partner there was a knock on the door. 

A young man bowed and stepped inside. 

"My name is Lee Taemin. I'm here because of I heard you are investigating the case of Lee Jinki. I think I have some information that might help "

Kibum and Minho perked up. They could not remember this man's name from the files. They immediately offered the man a chair to sit and took their notebooks and recorders ready. Could this be a tip they needed to crack the case?

"Go on. But first, could you tell us your relation to Jinki?" Kibum smiled as he offered the man a bottle of water. Just in case. Plus DNA if they needed it. 

"I'm not related to him. He was my TA at Professor Lee's class. He tutored me sometimes." Kibum nodded, once again signaling that the story should continue. 

"He was being followed. I told him so, but he didn't believe me."

Minho staightened up from his chair. "What makes you say that? Do you know who followed him?"

Taemin shook his head. "No, but I saw this car. Not only by the university, but sometimes by Jinki's home." Before Minho could ask an additional question Taemin continued. "Jinki and I took the same commute to home, so I could see the surroundings from the bus. His stop was close to his apartment building, mine was two stops further. We lived kind of close by. But I saw that car there, as if waiting. Jinki didn't belive me, he thought the car belonged to one of his neighbours." 

Neither of the detectives were sure if they could believe the man. "Why didn't you tell this after Jinki went missing."

"I did. I told to the officer, he said he would mark it down and have someone come talk with me. Nobody came. And then I had my internship in the States. I returned few years ago, but this came to my mind when I heard about the case being invested again."

"Where did you heard about it?"

"Ah, professor Lee called some of the alumni's yesterday. He told us about and said that if we have any ifnormation we should come and talk"

Kibum nodded and sribbled something on his notebook. 

"Anything else?"

Taemin shook his head. He looked rather distraught and sad. He sniffled abit and stood up. "I know Jinki was absent minded on regular things. There was a joke about him being able to loose his own head if it weren't attached to his shoulders. But his thesis and classes were top notch."

"He would not get lost or anything. I'm sure the person following him was behind it."

"Can you describe the car then?"

Taemin nodded and detailed to the detectives the car he had seen by the University and Jinki's home. Minho listened as he looked at the young man, while Kibum wrote thongs down. This meant they would need to start interviewing Jinki's neighbours again."

Taemin left a little later, seeming to me more distraught than before, having both Minho and Kibum vow to keep him informed. 

Another name was added to the list next to Jinki's picture. Taemin had been a student close to the assistan teacher and would become a person of interest as well. 

The detectives were silent for a moment, trying to gather their thoughts. They would need to straighten their game plan. It would be the divide and conquer again. Minho would return to the neighbourhood Jinki had lived in and talk to the neighbours if they could remeber the suspcious car Taemin mentioned about and Kibum would dive into files again. 

"Ah, that is what bothered me. The lost items! Everyone keeps saying Jinki was prone to misplace his things... and I point misplace. Wasn't is Shim who told us he always eventually found his things?"

Minho blinked and nodded. He knew better not to disturb Kibum's brainsorming. Sometimes the man surprised himself with the way he thought. 

"While you chitchat with the old birds Jinki lived next to, I'm going to look if Jinki tried to renew his licence."