Chapter 1

Everything is you

There was a picture of a missing man on the center of the bulletin board. A name written on top of the picture, rest of the board still blank as if it was waiting to be filled with numerous names and pictures connected to the one on the center.

The removable bulleting board was centered in the middle of the room, two massive desks by the back wall positioned againts one another. The walls had several other bulletin boards; holding maps, phone numbers, pictures and wanted posters. The room was cluttered, in the way two detectives could clutter it with items they needed.

Detective Kim Kibum stared at the portable board for a moment before he opened the folder on his hands. The same picture stared at him at the first page, personal information written on the next.

The missing man was Lee Jinki, aged 25. Had worked as an assistant teacher in one of the local universities. Been missing since 25 the of May 2012.

There had not been anything unordinary about the case. Lee Jinki had been last seen at his work place, departing from the literature department at 8 pm in the evening and walking towards the exit.
Yet he had not arrived at home. The security guard had vowed never seen the man appearing to the apartment complex that night.

According to the file Lee Jinki's apartment had been neat as one could be for a single man at his age. He was punctual and routine oriented. Never missed a work day. His disappearance had been noted the next day when he did not arrive at work. His co-workers had reported him missing when they could not reach him by phone or from his apartment.

Kibum stared at the picture again before he continued to scan the rest of the file. There was not much. Lee Jinki did not have family, his friends were scarce and he seemed to be living for his job, studying at the same time. There was no apparent reason for the man to go under the radar. No financial problems, no apparent disputes with anyone nor problems at work. Lee Jinki seemed to have been a person everyone liked.

Only person who had beenseriously investigated concerning the disappearance back then had been the ex-boyfriend. The man had been cleared almost immediately. The man had been abroad while Jinki had disappeared. There had been no drama in the break up, just mutual agreement that they had had no time for each other at the moment.

Cold chill run on Kibum's spine. This didn't look good. A case like this usual meant that sooner or later a body would be found. But it had been five years and no sign of the man in a form or another.

Kibum sighed and closed the file. This was a start though. They were re-opening the case.

The door opened to the room, revealing a tall man with wide eyes strolling inside. Choi Minho, Kibum's detective partner held two boxes in his hands. The tall man laid them on the dual desks and opened the boxes.

"Found them, not much in them but I though you might want to look into them. Did you set up the board? Did you look at his casefile already?"

"I did, not much information. Looks like boss and the others had not found anything that could point as where this man might have gone back when this case was originally active."

Minho only nodded. Beginning was always hard. Looking into the files and evidence collected and begin to investigate a case from a new point of view. But just as other cases they tried their best. Besides new set of eyes and mind could find something the others didn't five years back.

The case had never been forgotten, few others taking in tips once in a while but all fruitless. When there was nothing to work on they could not do much. But when a man had called in, identifying himself as Lee Jinki's former lover, demanding they should be looking into Lee Jinki's case again. Begrudgingly their chief had signed them on to the case.

The ex-boyfriend was still waiting for answers. If nothing else, a closure. And it was Kibum's and Minho's job to find it for him.

Kibum stept in front of the bulletin board, took a marker and drew a line, writing a name on it with description.

Suspect, Shim Changmin, ex-boyfried. It was a start.