Chapter 4

Everything is you

AN: Thank you for feedback and subscriptions. Please keep them coming! I really would love to know what you think of this thank you. This IS short, but I wanted to update because I might not be able to do so in the next few days. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Kim Jonghyun, the chief investigator looked at the bulletin board. Lee Jinki's picture stared at him almost accusingly. He noted the few names Kibum and Minho had written on the board, obviously linking the people to the missing man. 

So they had started huh?

Five years ago Jongyun had been one of the original investigators on the case, just been promoted as detective. This case had been his first as one. He had support on the case, of course. No dimwit would let a rookie cop do a major investigation on his own, but Jongyun was a smart man. In his own way. He smirked a little, remembering all the little quirks he had done back then. Nevertheless, back to Lee Jinki. 

Shim Changmin had continued calling him, time after time. Checking up on the case, and recently the man had been so persistant that Jonghyun had no choise but to pull out the files and re-open the case. He was forced to appoint new detectives on the case, he couldn't do it himself due his recent promotion as chief of the department and Kibum and Minho were good, but not that good and this was a good practise. 

Jonghyun knew there was barely any evidence in the storage about the case. Merely reports from interview, some pictures of Jinki's apartment, few items that could be used to draw Jinki's DNA from, but nothing that could telltale what really happened. 

His musings were stopped when he heard the door open, revealing Kibum and Minho. 

"Yo, Boss." A nod from Minho acknowledging his superior before the tall man flopped on to his chair and practically melting on it. Kibum greeted his superior as well before he sluggishly sat down. 

"You just started on this and you already look beat. Is this really the best our department can offer?" 

"Sorry Boss, but we have been running around the city to interview people."

"And what did you learn?" 

"Nothing we didn't know already. Everybody keeps saying the same. Lee Jinki was a nice klutzy guy who loved to read and then he went missing."

Jonghyun chuckled. The slight description seemed accurate to the missing man. 

"Why don't you call it a day. Rest a bit, come back renewed tomorrow and continue with new vigor. I don't think Lee Jinki is going to escape anywhere during the night, he can wait another day."

Kibum tilted his head, curious look on his face but then nodded. He turned towards his partner and then back to his superior. "Might as well. Minho and me are going to go and have few drinks. Want to come along?" Minho seemed to perk up a little with the sight of relaxation.

"Sorry, you know how it is."

"Oh yeah. Your agoraphobic wife is waiting. One day you have to let us meet her and help her to get cured.  "

Jonghyun shook his head. "Maybe one day." 

All of them chuckled a bit. The air seemed a bit lighter and lifted the tension that seemed to be lingering in the office. A moment later Kibum and Minho bit their goodbyes and left for home. Jinghyun stayed, looked at Lee Jinki's picture a while longer. 

"You've gone hiding and they can't find you, am I right or what?" 

-------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun opened the door to his apartment. The lights were on as usual and he smiled a bit. Making certain that his coat and shoes were in the right place he locked the door behind him and entered to the living room. 

It was spacious, lots of white furnitures, wall covered in paintings and pictures. They had no television, nor radio. He didn't like them, too much violence in the news so he chose not to have anything like that in this house. He had music though, lots of cd's and records so he and his partner could enjoy quality time together. They did a lots of it. 

The apartment was rather silent though and Jonghyun mused that his beloved one was sulking somewhere. They played this game of hide and seek a lot, and Jonghyun wasn't really a fan of it. His pretty baby was probably in the bedroom. He took few steps and opened the bedroom door. 

White was preminent in this room as well. Bed, furniture, even the massive curtains where white. Jonghyun liked the color. It suited his lover, pure and innocent. His Angel. Speaking of which...

Jonghyun smiled when he spotted a figure sitting in front of a small white make up desk, brushing their hair. Chuckling a bit the investigator moved behind the figure, kissing his beloved on the cheek. The person shivered slightly and Jonghyun moved his hands on the figure's neck , brushing on the collar that was around it. 

"I missed you all day. Kept staring at your picture once in a while. Did you miss me Baby while you were alone?" 

The figure stared at the mirror, first avoiding eye contact, but then finally rising their head to the level so he could look at Jonghyun's reftection. 

"I....I...of..cource Yeobo. I missed you."

Jonghyun beamed with happiness. 

--------------------------