She Said It First

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can’t take my eyes off the person in front of me. The way those eyes focusing on the paper, the cute frown that sometimes would appear and the forefinger that would occasionally brush over those lips. I love to see my lover being so serious like this, looking so cool in my eyes.

 

“Are you bored, babe? Sorry I still need some time to finish this.” Pulling back from my trance, I shake my head in order to convince that everything is alright.

 

If only that person knows, how happy I am to spend the time together, just the two of us. Which is hard these days, with loads of work and how busy we are after our last vacation. I can’t believe I am capable of missing someone this crazy, but I am thankful that at the end of the day we would find our way back to each other, even if it’s just for a few minutes.

 

A soft hand pats the top of my head as I look up to see the bright smile that makes me blushed. “It’s late already, want me to take you back?”

 

I pout, I don’t want to lay in bed and keep thinking about this person in front of me. I want to spend more time together. “Nah, tomorrow is Saturday. I don’t wanna go back this fast.”

 

“But you worked until late today. Don’t you feel exhausted, love?”

 

I stand up as my head is facing the broad shoulders that always take me into warm embraces. I feel so small whenever I am wrapped in between those strong arms and I feel so calm and safe that I don’t want to let go, just like this time.

 

“I want to stay with you.” My voice sounds so small with my lips pressing against one of those shoulders. The familiar scent that is invading my sense is what I aim for, the soft aroma of water lilies.

 

Sitting together on the sofa, with cups of our midnight coffee scattering on the table, I keep playing with the hands that are placed on top of my flat tummy. Comfortable silence follows with the occasional sound of the rain hitting the glass of windows accompanies us through the night. No words that need to be spoken. The obvious beating of our hearts and eyes that keep on searching for each other are the only things happening at the moment.

 

However, something changes. The husky voice which is owned by me, voice out the three words that never been said before. Looking at those deep eyes, I can’t hold it anymore so I let it out, the magical feeling that keeps my heart going insane.

 

“I love you.”

 

Dark brown eyes that always seem mysterious to me, seem to open up immediately because of the words that I just said. The emotion that is shown in front of me is something that I never witnessed before. My mind goes blank that I don’t even realize that we are leaning toward each other.

 

When our lips touched for the third time, I am finally back to my senses as I eventually drowning and falling deeper into this endless tale of love.

 

===

 

I kiss her again, pouring all of my emotions into that kiss. Intertwining our hands together, I reluctantly break our kiss to catch our breath. Pressing our foreheads together, I know that I look at her in a different way, I was afraid of showing this kind of emotion before, as if I’m moving too fast and make her uncomfortable. But now, I’m free to let her know that I’m in love.

 

I kiss her over and over again, how I miss those lips pressing against mine. I can’t get enough of her. The feelings that she makes me feel whenever we kissed, they are so amazing that I can’t just describe it with words.

 

Now, she makes me think of ways to let her know about my love for her. I’m a simple and ordinary person, but when it comes to her who is extraordinary, I know she only deserves the best. I smile in between our kiss when finally a brilliant idea pops out in my head.

 

She’s gonna love it, for sure.  

 

===

 

Do you miss me like how much I miss you?

 

I sigh as I look out the window from my humble chamber. The sunlight that shines through the glass reminds me of the sunset that we watched that day accompanied by the sound of waves with me in between those pair of strong arms. But now, the one who I love doesn’t even contact me for hours.

 

My pout immediately disappears as soon as I hear my phone’s ringtone. I don’t know that I can run this fast as I jump on my bed and answer the call while biting my lip to prevent me from smiling too much.

 

“Fany-ah? Do you miss me?”

 

Of course I would fail in stopping myself, hearing my name coming out from those lips makes me grinning like a fool.

 

“I’m not! We met this morning already, why would I miss you?”

 

“Too bad, then. Because I can’t stop myself from missing you like crazy.”

 

I swear I’m thankful that no one could see me being as red as a tomato right now. Closing my eyes, I let myself speak from the bottom of my heart.

 

“Well, I miss you too babe. A lot.”

 

There is a long pause before I hear the voice that I love being so close to me. “Well, I am right in front of you now. You look cute hugging that stuffed doll, by the way. Wanting it to be me, hmm?”

 

“Baby!” I hop out of the bed only to jump into the warm embrace that I’ve been longing to experience. The husky chuckle beside my right ear calms my heart.

 

“I’m here now, my love.”

 

===

 

Holding her hand tightly in mine, I am satisfied seeing Tiffany would reveal her eye-smile whenever she looks at me. We’re walking around the street after our dinner, now I finally know the secret of why she still looks so slim although she loves to eat, it is because that she would always take a walk whenever she thinks that she ate too much.

 

“What are you thinking about?”

 

“You, of course.”

 

She slaps me right on my shoulder as I smirk seeing her try to avoid eye contact with me.

“Yah! Stop lying!”

 

“Why would I lie to you? It’s the truth.”

 

“I’m next to you already, how could you still think of me?”

 

I lean closer so our eyes are on the same level. “Ask my mind then, why does it only you that keep on showing up in my thought?”

 

I gulp, she suddenly kissed me right on the lips. This is the first time she takes the initiative to kiss me. When I try to kiss her deeper, she pulls away while staring at me intently. Then, she says it again for the second time.

 

“I love you.”

 

===

“Princess, what’s going on?”

 

I close my eyes as I try to not to look back. I don’t want myself to surrender this fast because of those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter