Contentment

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why is it so hard? 

I try to stay focus with the proposal that is being presented in front of me. My new partner, who is also one of my old friends, Yoona is the one I hire to help me open up my branch in Taiwan. She moved here because of work years ago, as she was one of the senior managers in a prestigious company. But for some particular reasons, she quit.

Our accidental met in Seoul weeks ago brought back one of our dreams when we were still in high school, which was opening up a coffee shop together. Eventually, we really are going to accomplish it soon.

“Yah, are you listening to me or not?” She crosses her arms and gives me a deadly glare as I swear it would seem scary to other, but not for me. She is way too dorky to be scary.

“Be patient, noona. Our boss here is not in a good condition, missing a certain woman.”

I swear I am going to kill this kid…

“A woman?” As if on cue, a mischievous smirk immediately form on Yoona’s lips. “Oh, you play with women now, no jam?”

“Yah, don’t call me that. And I don’t play with her, I’m serious with her.”

“Yeah, you’re always so serious with everything, that’s why you’re no jam.” 

Choi Minho, just how long do you wanna live?

I glare at that kid as I notice the shock look on Yoona’s face. “Wow wow, you are falling hard, huh? How could you not tell me?” 

She turns to look at Minho,”Minho-yah, we really should celebrate it, no jam finally knows the meaning of true love.”

“Oh yeah, you should see how boss react when she is around, noona! Just like a completely different person!”

Then, they start to laugh out loud and basically teasing me over and over again. So, I try hard to ignore them as I look over the proposal and start to focus on work. Magically, with their loud noises in the background, I can ignore the pain in my heart for a moment. Maybe it’s their intention to make me feel better, although it is so annoying but it works.

That’s what true friends are, they annoy you a lot but you will miss them when they’re gone.

Just like how I miss her so badly.

===

“Chingu-yah, seriously though…”

“Hmm?” I hum lazily as I lean back to my chair. Finally, today is the third day, lots of work has been done. I smile, maybe I can finish it earlier than expected and give her a surprise.

“I really want to see the amazing woman who successfully makes my friend to be such a fool.”

“Yeah I’m a fool, fool for her.” I grin in satisfaction seeing Yoona’s disgusted face.

“But I’m glad though…” She smiles widely while staring at me, “It’s not easy to win your heart, finally there’s someone who could do it.”
“Yoong…” I look back at her while frowning, suddenly the memory of me breaking her heart becomes so clear again in my head. 
 “The reason that you left, was it really not because of me?”

I could see the sadness and pain in her eyes, but it just happened in the blink of an eye. Yoona chuckles nervously as she waves her hand back and forth. “Not everything is because of you, babo-yah. It’s all in the past now, just forget about it. And don’t give me that look, I’m okay.”

Although honestly I’m really not convinced enough, but her next question completely takes my whole atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter