Chapter 4

Woo Jin just wants to live a normal life

Chapter Four

Everybody is done with each other but tries to be nice to a foreigner, who was accidentally kidnapped and is currently drinking orange juice with them

english sentences will be in this colour


 

Samuel watched Dae Hwi in awe as the boy was eating his 6th bag of ramyun, tossing used tissues around, crying his eyes out and at the same time searching for the whipped cream.

“Dude”, he began after a while, “concentrate on one thing”

Dae Hwi sent him a glare, before making dying whale noises once again and proceeding with wiping his mouth and tears away with the same tissue what earned him a ‘eww’ from Jin Young, who was busy judging Dae Hwi from next to Samuel.

They were currently meeting up because Dae Hwi had called them together and said that there was 'something important' to discuss, but everything they had done until now was watching Dae Hwi crying his eyes out.

“I’m leaving”, Jin Young then said as Dae Hwi choked on ramyun while crying and accidentally spit some ramyun on his shirt. Samuel only shook his head disapprovingly but took out the last tissue out of his tissue box and wiped Dae Hwi’s mouth, afterwards proceeding to open another tissue box for the other.

The struggling brunette clearly disapproved of Jin Young leaving, as he was throwing used tissues at the other: “Unloyal bastard! Rotten tangerine! And You know what? Half-eaten apple pie out of the refrigerator!”

Jin Young glanced to Samuel pointing at his head: “He lost it”

Samuel sighed. “I wish. But he is always like this”, he said after he put away the just finished bowl of ramyun and gave Dae Hwi the whipped cream the other was looking for, “What’s the matter anyway”

Dae Hwi proceeded to stuff himself with whipped cream, glaring at Jin Young, instead of answering his question. That was the cue for the taller to open the door and think why the hell he even came, when he knew, it was a meeting arranged by Dae Hwi

Such meetings always turn into a big mess and that is so not Bae Jin Young's life-style.

But before he could fully step out, somebody opened the door and a pink ball of Ji Hoon appeared. But what was more shocking is that behind Ji Hoon, there was a tall boy, taller then himself, looking like a grim reaper in apprenticeship - he doesn’t even know why, he just did look like this - and Jin Young was so shocked to see that somebody, who stood there looking at him blankly, that he just completly froze at Samuels front door.

Ji Hoon titled his head slightly, grinning mischievously: “What, blinded by my beauty?”

“Oh God”, Jin Young immediately snapped out of it, “I think I’m getting eye cancer”, he said before the boy behind him raised an eyebrow, now glancing at Ji Hoon:

“What is ‘eye cancer’?”

By the thick accent he could hear that the boy behind Ji Hoon was a foreigner.

Ji Hoon just shook his head, “not important”, he said before grabbing the stranger and Jin Young and basically dragging them in, “is it a problem if I bought somebody with me today?”

Samuel shook his head, mumbling: “You did already, why bother asking”

When they were all seated in Samuels kitchen, Dae Hwi then spread his arms, suddenly smiling from ear to ear. 

“Great news everybody!”, he screamed.

“I hate this already”, Ji Hoon yawned, making Dae Hwi slap his hand away: “Oho! Listen!”

“And he was crying just a moment ago”, Samuel mumbled one more time.

Dae Hwi coughed before beginning: “Sooooooo everybody knows Park Woo Jin, one of my best friends??” 

“Like the rest of the world? Sure”, Jin Young said sarcastic earning a glare from Dae Hwi. The boy was about to protest, but Samuel sensed the upcoming mess and interrupted with an awkward laugh: “Yeah, last time he came to fetch some ramyun because your house was running out of food or something”

“Dude no wonder you are so fat Dae Hwi”

“Shut up Ji Hoon”, Dae Hwi punched the boy beside him, continuing satisfiedly when he heard screams of pains from the other, “Yeah, exactly! This is the one I am talking about! He - “

“ - still no idea who you are talking about”, Jin Young interrupted.

“It’s the one who is always awkward in school and sitting at the window side”, Ji Hoon explained and Jin Young’s eyes grew large: “What you are friends with him? And on top of that you guys are roomies?”

“Of course he is friends with him. We are talking about Dae Hwi right now”, Samuel mumbled. Jin Young was to open his mouth to protest, but closed it again after rethinking Samuels argument: “True”, he said.

“Whatever, so you guys are surprised too right? Me, a friend of the Park Woo Jin, a total awkward bean? Well, our friendship started at the beginning of my first school year, which is - “

“ - we don’t care, so what is with Park Woo Jin”, Ji Hoon tried to suppress the yawn but couldn’t. Fortunately nobody punched him for his lack of interest this time.

“Okay, sorry, but it’s actually an interesting story”, Dae Hwi said, before looking around and realizing that if he doesn’t start the ‘great news’ now, they’ll probably leave before he even got to his point, so he finally began, “whatever. So, me and Samuel decided it was a good idea to get him a boyfriend and you guys know what??? I totally - “

“ - messed up?”

“ - traumatized him and he doesn’t leave his room anymore?”

Dae Hwi glared at Jin Young and Ji Hoon before sighing: “Thanks for the trust, buddies”

“Oh come on, if you were my cupid, I would have died alone because of the fear”, Jin Young mumbled and Dae Hwi grinned mischievously: “So, so, our little Jin Youngie wants no love-life???”

Jin Young almost smashed the glass of water in Dae Hwi's face but held back.

Great decision.

“Back to the subject. So, I totally nailed it! They are the cutest couple alive and they are so sweet and seeing Woo Jin - I mean, the Park Woo Jin - experiencing something like young teenager love is a blessing, because before my intervention he was nothing but over-shy boy with a very strong dancing obsession and - “

“ - so what. Is this everything you wanted to tell us? Dude, I travelled from my house to Samuels just to hear a random boys love story? You know how long it takes to - “

“ - uh you live just the street down there, I am just saying”, Samuel said.

“ - Are you kidding me? I hate waking up!”

“Which reminds me of - who are you?”, Jin Young then pointed to the boy next to Ji Hoon, sitting there awkwardly. It could be seen that he was trying to comprehend what they were saying, but with Dae Hwi basically saying everything in three pitches higher then his natural voice, Samuel mumbling everything, Ji Hoon not caring and Jin Young basically commenting everything lowly, it was very hard for him.

Ji Hoon tapped the boy slightly on the shoulder.

“U-uhm... i-interdruuuuce uuuurrrselfe”, Ji Hoon tried and first Samuel laughed about the poor attempt of Ji Hoon using english before he realized the older was dead serious and was left speechless: “What, that was your best pronunciation?!”

Ji Hoon was about to slap his face before the boy then spoke up. 

“Lai Guan Lin”, the boy said.

That was it.

“Uh... why is he here by the way”, Jin Young broke the silence, smiling kindly at Guan Lin, just to be safe the question doesn’t sound rude or something like that. When he glanced back at Ji Hoon his face expression changed back to annoyed. “Dunno”, Ji Hoon shrugged.

Silence.

“Huh”, Samuel said very intelligently; at least it summed up their thoughts.

“What, not even I do that. Picking up strangers from somewhere. He can’t barely even speak Korean”, Dae Hwi raised an eyebrow at Ji Hoon but smiled at Guan Lin, offering him some orange juice.

Ji Hoon shrugged once again taking the glass, that was offered to Guan Lin, and drank a sip, before even Guan Lin himself had drunken it: “Okay let me explain”, he began seriously.

“I... kind of... dunno

“That’s a great explanation”, Jin Young snapped, “Do you by chance have any interest in being a teacher? Students would surely understand you” 

“Shut up. Maybe he followed me because I was so good looking?”, Ji Hoon suggested.

It was suddenly silent in the kitchen.

Ji Hoon slightly titled his head and winked: “What, did I directly hit the point?”

“... no, we are just currently thinking about every possible way to kill you on the spot without having to clean up the mess afterwards”, Dae Hwi barked. Ji Hoon punched him right in the stomach.

“Okay let’s stop it. We have two fluent english speakers here”, Jin Young said before shoving the spotlight to Samuel, “Speak, dude. He’ll understand you”

“U-uh... w-where are you from?”, Samuel asked and Guan Lin’s face lit up in an instant. 

I’m from Taiwan! Nice to meet you”, he said, bowing making Samuel bow too. He looked at the others.

“He said he is from Taiwan”, he deadpanned.

“No, Sherlock. We aren’t that bad in english”, Ji Hoon snapped, before putting on a sweet smile, “you here in Korea, why?”

“Who said 0.2 seconds before that he wasn’t that bad in english”, Dae Hwi laughed, with him receiving a punch from Ji Hoon again. He almost spit blood.

Guan Lin only smiled fondly at Ji Hoon’s poor attempt of speaking english, before responding: “I’m a transfer student”

“Am I deaf now or was that Korean”, Samuel asked Jin Young, who nodded: “That was Korean. But now we are coming to the question - why is he, a transfer student coming from Taiwan, currently sitting here and drinking orange juice with us” Apparently, the question was way too long, as Guan Lin only made face expressions, where question marks could even be felt around him. They turned to Ji Hoon.

“Okay now tell us seriously. How’d you bring him here”, Samuel nipped on his empty glass, “and don’t just shrug”

“So. As you guys know I have to walk the long street to get to Samuel’s damn flat - “

“ - which is barely 4 minutes away”

“ - and on the long way - “

“ - probably around the 1.20 minute mark”

“ - I have met this guy here walking around like an lost puppy. My generous self decided to help the boy, so I asked ‘hey, where ya going? Wanna go with me to get some free food?’ and then - “

“ - that kind of sounds like you were hitting on him - “

“ - he just looked confused like right now. So I thought ‘whatever. If he doesn’t like it he can just freely go away afterwards’, so I dragged him here and - “

“ - so basically you kidnapped him - “

“ - as you can see he hasn’t went away yet. Which means he likes my presence”

“ - or he doesn’t know what to do”

“Are you guys done interrupting me?!”, Ji Hoon snapped annoyedly, sending a glare to everyone. 

They just shook their head disapprovingly. 

“So what now. If he is a transfer student, he should have a homestay family or something?”, Dae Hwi then suggested. Jin Young sighed: “And why does he have no suitcase or something? Maybe he already went to his homestay family and then tried to look around the neighborhood and got lost?”

“Or somebody stole his valuables?”, Samuel mumbled and unwillingly looked at Ji Hoon who was clearly indignant of Samuels accusations, “I’m no thief!”

Do you have a homestay family?”, Dae Hwi asked in fluent english. 

To everybody's happiness, Guan Lin nodded: “Yeah. It’s... here”

“Hey cool let’s - huh. Wait, where?”, Dae Hwi clapped his hands together before freezing and looking at Samuel. The latter shrugged: “I didn’t knew I had a roomie”

Jin Young face palmed: “Okay, let’s think it through. Maybe he means like not here, but in this house? Someone lives upstairs right?”

“Yeah some kid who orders pizza ten times per day”, Samuel said, Ji Hoon making puking sounds: “The heck?! Ten times? That is not possible, you are exaggerating, that kid - “

“ - oh Yoo Seon Ho?”, Dae Hwi interrupted. 

“Wait, you know - of course you do, my mistake”, Jin Young mumbled. 

“That kid seriously eats pizza ten times a day?? What kind of new evolution of human species lives upstairs??”, Ji Hoon freaked, making Guan Lin flinch slightly.

“Okay, let’s just take Guan Lin upstairs and ask the neighbor if - “

Suddenly there was a loud banging on the door, interrupting Jin Young’s sentence. 

When they opened the door, it was a boy, slightly taller then Jin Young, munching on a piece of pizza: “Hi”, he began cheerfully before taking a bite of a cookie that magically appeared on his other hand, “have you by any chance seen a foreigner around my age somewhere? I lost him, while I was busy ordering 8 burgers and 6 packs of chicken in McDonalds. happens”

Samuel laughed awkwardly: “Yeah, happens”

 


 

A/N: Hey there!

Not really satisfied with this chapter T_T But I hope anyways that you guys will like it <3

And don't forget MxM debut it's coming out in about 3 minutes ( yeah I should get some sleep. But SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK )

Love y'all !