Chapter 1

Woo Jin just wants to live a normal life

Chapter One

He should haver never pushed that one button


 

Okay, everything before him sitting in a creepy- café and be awkward with some hella strong cute looking stranger. 

Firstly said, Lee Dae Hwi was the most scariest thing alive.

It’s not like Park Woo Jin had not known beforehand, it is just that he now could literally empathize what Young Min meant with ‘Don’t ever disturb Dae Hwi while he hides in the washing machine. You’ll regret it forever’

He now thanked Young Min for being so specific with ‘You’ll regret it forever’ because like every passing person could understand what he meant.

Like really. And while he was at it, he can thank Dong Hyun too. Thank you for always laughing.

At me.

Really, thank you so much.

Anyways, he was running for his life. It was not exactly like an live-or-die matter, but a run-or-live-in-embarrassment-for-the-rest-of-your-pitiful-live matter. And it was Lee Dae Hwi he was talking about. 

He was seriously so ed.

“Excuse me, is it too much to ask for you guys to help me?!”, he screamed, panicking as he couldn't see Dae Hwi anymore.

The response he got was a laugh from Dong Hyun while he switched Tv-Channels to show him how many s he gave and Young Mins attempt to trip him.

He loved his Hyungs. 

Park Woo Jin groaned and was about to smash Dong Hyun’s head with his turning kick before something crept out of the sofa the latter was sitting on and grabbed him by his leg.

Young Min mouthed a short ‘O-o’ before falling back on the sofa and stealing Dong Hyun’s nachos. It was hard to believe that Dong Hyun let somebody on his - it’s actually theirs - sofa, stealing his nachos while 2/3 of Young Mins weight was practically on him. And they still deny that something is going between them. All lies. 

“You are so dead now”

Park Woo Jin send one last pleasing gaze to both of the older members, partially begging them to have mercy but their grin only got wider and Woo Jin starts questioning his life choices once again. 

“Dae Hwi, I can explain! I didn’t knew you were in the washing machine, so I just started it. Like, do you know how much clothes we haven’t washed yet? There is like a whole room filled with those! I swear, next time I’ll - “

“- Park Woo Jin”, Dae Hwi stopped, “what is the purpose of life?”

Woo Jin doesn’t know what is weirder; that Dae Hwi was asking that while he crawled out of the sofa or that he was still alive. He settled with an unsure: “Huh?”

“Its - “, Dae Hwi sprung up, made between three and hundred thousand ballerina turns while holding Park Woo Jin’s hand and looking all satisfied with his life, before settling down with a nice double jump and an elegant landing: “Love

Park Woo Jin had no idea what the youngest of the Brand New Bundle was talking about. He just nodded to look like he understood and to end this matter as fast as possible. Maybe then Dae Hwi would forgive him starting the washing machine with him inside.

“The purpose of your life - of everybody’s life’s - is ‘love’. Like, do you remember when Dong Hyun suddenly said the sofa was his? It was their love, that bonded them. Can you now hear the angels in the sky hollering at you? They are telling you - now is the time!”

Basically, Park Woo Jin never knew what was going on, but this time it was like Dae Hwi was in the state between nirvana and madness and he hoped Young Min and Dong Hyun knew a way out of this. He knows they didn’t. Nobody did. 

Except of maybe their washing machine.

“So, because I am such a friendly person, I have got you something wonderful!”, Dae Hwi said while smiling from ear to ear and lifting up his mobile phone, “you know this one good looking person called Arredondo Samuel?”

“Do you mean Kim Samuel, the person who shares the same hobby as you?”

“Hey, he is totally different. I, washing machine, he, dishwasher!”

“How the hell does a person fit in a dish - whatever, go on”

“So, unlike you guys - I mean it including the people on the sofa - he has connections and friends exept of their one and only family, so do you know what kind of special bond one of his connections and you have?”

Park Woo Jin slowly moved back. “No...?”

“A date!”

With sparkling, mischievous eyes Dae Hwi blinked around two times before proudly showing Woo Jin the exchanged messages he had with Samuel. He jumped around, laughed, made spins, stole nachos on his way out and gave him a thumbs up: “You know, that is me showing my affection to you - you didn’t know how hard it Young Min had after almost washing me” and then he left.

3 seconds afterwards he appeared again and smiled: “And I’m just saying, your date is in 2 hours in the café just down our road and I’ll hope you show up because your date is somebody totally innocent and we wouldn’t want him to think his date ditched him, right?”, he winked before taking his leave sounding like an old santa claus only thousand times scarier.

Park Woo Jin regretted not listening to Young Min. 

Park Woo Jin regretted pushing one button and now having to go through this whole thing because he almost washed Dae Hwi. Park Woo Jin regretted so many things right now, he didn’t even heard the laughter of dying giraffes and hippos next to him, on the sofa. 

He must have stood there around 1 and a half hour, because suddenly it was 30 minutes before he had to meet his date and he wasn’t even clothed probably yet. He was nothing at all, actually. Not ready, not clothed, not really in his right mental state. 

And he should have never pushed that one washing machine button. Never.

“Hello, Earth to Park Woo Jin?”, somebody flicked. With the half eating, half sneering sound, Woo Jin knew it was Dong Hyun without even being mentally present. Respect.

“I do not ing care about the earth. About the humanity. I just - ugh”, he managed to say before falling back and landing on the sofa. 

“Hey, you are not allowed there, it’s my sofa”, Dong Hyun said still eating nachos.

“Thank you for caring so much. I seriously feel so loved”, the red haired male retorted, before adding, “and Young Min gets a free pass. Thanks, dude”

Dong Hyun was obviously ignoring the last remark, as he pushed Woo Jin out of his sofa and buried him under some clothes. “Here, take these. That would charm your date in a flash”, Dong Hyun grinned and wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

Woo Jin sat up feeling stressed: “I don’t want to charm my date! I wan’t him to be not existing!”

He wailed like an little kid before Dong Hyun grabbed him and kicked him one more time. “And I don’t want you to show up smelling like you just ran away from a wild groups of ninja-alpacas, so get your up and shower”

Around 2 minutes later, he was locked in the bathroom and they wouldn’t let him outside before he had showered and put on the clothes Dong Hyun personally put together. He was seriously so touched. 

While he was in the shower he had very deep thoughts about who his date was and why the hell he would agree to something like that - he concluded, it must be someone slightly off because 1) he was friends with Samuel and 2) Samuel was friends with Dae Hwi - which made everything even more frightening then it already was. To date somebody like Dae Hwi? Woo Jin shivered in fear. 

He decided it was the best to show up, do something awkwardly together and never meet each other again. That was the best plan Woo Jin could have come up with, as he showered and put on the clothes he was given. 

He looked like .

“Wow, our Woo Jinnie goes to meet the love of his life looking fly”, Young Min said while playing games on his phone and not even actually looking at the red haired boy. Woo Jin just scoffed and ignored the teasing gazes Dong Hyun and Dae Hwi send. He was almost - almost - happy to leave his crappy friends behind and be far away from them as he stepped out of their apartment.

Repeating - almost -  but suddenly he missed them when he was in front of the café. 

The time had passed way too fast and Woo Jin still thought about running away, but once again, where would he go? If he goes back to their dorm, they would nag at him unstoppingly till his ears start to bleed and he wishes he would have never came back. And if he starts going to somewhere differently, like to the cinema, or something like that, he is sure, that Dae Hwi will find out, because that boy is a social butterfly and knows basically everyone.

.

I hope a bomb comes crashing on you Dae Hwi, he thought half smiling, half crying, before entering the café with unsure steps while making himself as small as possible.

He was not very surprised that the café was pink - like, we are talking about triggered Lee Dae Hwi right here - and every wall was pasted with some flower-power cheesy- sentences and everybody present was together and couples that feed each other with ‘aaah, here comes the airplane, honey’ and ‘aaah, thanks sweetheart’ and there was a cuddling edge where couples pecked each others lips and a wall exclusively for memories, that means that selfies of the couples were glued there and everybody just looked so incredibly in love and happy it made Woo Jin vomit and he thought one more time if he is nice enough to appear to the date and he decided - , he was such a softie.

He didn’t even knew if he should sit on these disgusting, little pastel wooden chairs or if he was suppose to go to the cashier and tell him that he’ll probably immigrate to Sweden but he decided to look around and act like it was totally normal for a boy with baggy pants, sleeveless T-shirt and not very styled hair, to order a set of ‘love love love lovely lovebirds loving each other till love ends’ and not even knowing exactly what the hell is even meant with this combo set.

Park Woo Jin looked at the clock hanging on the wall in front of him. ‘Okay Park Woo Jin. Do not stand up and panic. Do not stand up and wave your hands while screaming and looking like some psychopathic terrorist who wants to take over this café. Look calm. Look like everything is normal and - ‘

“ - Excuse me, are you, by any chance, Park Woo Jin?”

“ - Nooooooo! No! No! I am not Park Woo Jin!”

He ed up.

Park Woo Jin, 19 years old, never wanted to die in a corner this badly before. Not only that the whole café was looking at him weirdly, or that he may have destroyed the romantic mood for probably everybody present right now, or that he looked like some loud- rude random dude in the middle of this pink café, no - his date was mad cute too.

And he embarrassed himself in front of this seriously good looking, cute looking and probably good mannered kid who was his date and he cursed Dae Hwi because that boy most certainly knew Woo Jin’s type and knew that he would up. Thank you. 

“Ah, then... I am sorry...”, the boy said half frightened - Woo Jin would be too - and half confused - Woo Jin would be too - before the waiter suddenly came and said: “Your oder Mr. Park Woo Jin”

Well, that is awkward. 

There was literally this very, very, very long silence between them, whereas the waiter settled everything up before the boy smiled unsurely and pulled the chair out. “U-Um... can I take a seat?”

Park Woo Jin decided it was the best to not speak so he just nodded and then proceeded to scratch his head and he probably looks like a burning tomato running away from his relatives the potatoes, paprika's and aubergines and wanted to hit himself for it. 

There was this long silence again, where his date looked so uncomfortable it almost hurt Woo Jin in his heart and he decided to try to free the boy: “You can... eat”

That sounded so freeing, Woo Jin was impressed with himself. No really. He wants to die.

The boy nodded awkwardly and took a spoonful of the combo set Woo Jin has ordered. As the boy ate this seriously gross diabetes looking stuff deliciously, Woo Jin was convinced it was not poisoned and took a bite of it. He was so wrong. 

It tasted like dinosaurs were running around in his mouth after being hit with the meteorite only that the dinosaurs were sugar in all different tastes and the meteorite was like the end boss and they had a competition which was more sugary and - Woo Jin almost spit blood.

His date was quick to react and literally pressed the napkin in his mouth and it was ing weird because the boy was so much stronger then he looked. Like, he almost fell backwards on his chair and Woo Jin swears, if he had hit the ground he would have ran all the way to the apartment and lock himself up, crying in the corner of his room.

He decided it was a good time to tell his date that he was okay and there is nothing to worry about, except of maybe the napkin being half stuck in his throat.

“Are you alright?”, the legit worried tone made Woo Jin almost more miserable but he somehow managed to nod. 

He was such a genius.

After this wonderful occurrence he decided he would brace himself after each bite. And he will never be in this neighborhood ever again. And probably cut the friendship off with Dae Hwi and his Hyungs.

“If this isn’t your taste, how about we get a new set...?”, the boy then began and Woo Jin wants to kill himself because that puppy look in the eyes of his date was damn cute and he wanted to smash it. “N-No it’s alright - You... who - what -”, he said before he gulped and slapped himself mentally because ‘Park Woo Jin can’t you at least form a normal sentence?’, “- w-what’s your name?”

His date was shocked.

Was he shocked because Woo Jin actually can talk or was he shocked that Woo Jin had asked him a question and actually looked like he tried to make a conversation even though a bit hopeless?

“Ahn Hyun Seob... yeah. Just... yeah. You can call me Hyun Seob!”, he said. 

Woo Jin nodded. “That’s... yeah. Cool. You already know my name, so - yeah.”, Woo Jin said. 

He tried to crack a smile. 

He failed miserably and hopes his date doesn’t think his mouth was paralyzed from the dish. But surprisingly, very surprisingly, his date laughed and it was the most beautiful thing Woo Jin has ever heard in his whole 19 years of life.

But in the middle of his laugh he cut himself off and stopped, afterwards blushing bright red: “I am so sorry - I wasn’t laughing at you, I just found your smile so fun - no, not funny, it was - just, you know so cute to look at!”

Park Woo Jin now is confused if he is getting ear cancer because he mixes up words randomly. But he still blushes a bright red before he scratches his head and they awkwardly drown in silence again. Park Woo Jin does not know what to say in such situations when he is complimented so he decides to just spurt random thoughts in his head out, because to talk without thinking is like being completely honest, right?

“Should we go watch a movie together?”

Okay, that came a bit unexpectedly. Bye world.

To his surprise Hyun Seob nods enthusiastically - maybe a bit too enthusiastically - and eats the whole dish within seconds and Park Woo Jin is seriously shocked. 

When Woo Jin payed for the dish and they excited this creepy café, they went side by side and the red haired boy doesn’t exactly knows why he felt so nervous and fluttered at the same time but he concludes it was the after effect of the strange dish he just had.

Most certainly, it totally had an after effect on Hyun Seob because the boy was like changed and he was like drunk but not drunk but also hyperactive. Something in between?

Park Woo Jin was on the edge of taking his date to the hospital to get him checked but before he could, the boy jumped in front of him and pulled out his under lip what should be illegal.

“You know Park Woo Jinnie, I don’t know you, but we should go in this café often! It’s less awkward when I am with you”

The first thought that crossed his mind was ‘What kind of awkward level is this boy daily exposed because it was hella awkward with me’ and his second thought was: “What you’re often in this café?” Hyun Seob smiled: “I’m a regular”

Park Woo Jin had never felt so conflicted before; should he sacrifice his body for his date and eat all this ridiculous sweet stuff? Should he take the teasings of his friends, because he had decided to put himself through this romantic another time and most importantly even willingly? There were so many thoughts in his head he was confused himself so he just answered: “Okay” 

Hyun Seob threw his hands in the air and screamed: “Yay!”, before grabbing the red haired boys arm and basically dragging him to the next movie theatre while smiling from ear to ear.

Park Woo Jin now certainly knew why Hyun Seob was friends with Dae Hwi.

 


 

Park Woo Jin doesn’t know why he has to drag a sleeping Hyun Seob home 3 hours later but he just does, because just letting him laying there would be seriously savage.

He took a deep breath because he knows, right after he takes a step inside this mad place, everybody will be whistling and teasing him, more so, when there is his date on his back. Not cool. So, like said, he takes a deep breath and gets smashed by the door only 0.1 second afterwards. 

“Oh sorry, you were there”, Young Min says, yawning before realizing Hyun Seob on the back of Woo Jin and then dropping the thrash he was going to bring out. 

“Oh my god, I watched too many romantic dramas. Dong Hyun it’s your fault, I am seeing things”, Young Min mumbled before poking the boy on Woo Jin’s back, whereas the younger quickly avoids the poking finger: “He’s asleep!”

The older was shocked for a thiny moment before he wiped away a fake tear and striked some melancholic pose, saying: “Our Woo Jinnie, he grew up so fast”, and ballerined his way inside again. 

The read haired boy looked at the trash and feels a strange close bond with them, before he took a breath again, looking at Hyun Seob. “Okay, let’s do this”, he mumbled as he stepped into hell house.

The rest of the evening went as Woo Jin had thought - a total chaos.

 


 

.>///<.