S06

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an afternoon lecture, but the girls missed school. Moonhee wasn’t up for going to class and Yael wanted to skip.

“Ya, you sure you wanna skip with me?”

Yael shrugged, “It’s free period anyway.”

A small smile played on Moonhee's lips. Her phone started ringing, she reached over and grabbed it.

“Hello?”

“Miss Noh Moonhee. Where are you? Do you know your attendance is just 10% away from being a pass-fail grade? Do you want to fail the year?”

It was their headmistress on the phone. Moonhee grunted and sat up, Yael giving her a worried look.

“Look Mrs Byun. I am not feeling well. I’ll get MC and hand it over to you, okay?”

A light snort could be heard from the other side of the call. Moonhee held back to urge to swear at the teacher for her attitude.

“Did you get into another fight? I don’t believe you’re ill. Come back immediately. Bring Yael with you.” The headmistress commanded. “I honestly don’t understand why a good student like her would want to stay with you.”

Moonhee couldn’t hold back anymore.

“Mrs Byun. Let me get things straight. I will go back. Yael will go with me,” she gave her best friend a glance. “But I do not appreciate you speaking the way you did. You are an educator, do your job. We are university students, not high schoolers. If you can’t get that out of your head, I suggest you go back to high school to teach.”

Moonhee hung up before the headmistress could say anything and went to grab her bag.

“What happened?” Yael came, following her friend’s actions.

“Mrs Byun being a jerk, as usual.” Moonhee huffed. “Anyway, let’s just go back. She’s saying I am 10% away from failing the year.”

Yael spent less than a second to grab her stuff, drag Moonhee out of the house and hail the cab. The girls were then well on their way to school.

 

***

 

“I hate you.”

Jaebum was on the way to the school because Jinyoung told him he wasn’t feeling well enough to go to school alone. It was when they were half way en route when the latter started chuckling and poking Jaebum’s arm.

“Come on. You should apologise to her. You were rude,” he pointed out before realising something. “Wait, you were never nice.”

“Shut up,” JB smacked him. “I’m just going to go see her and I’m leaving.”

 

Jinyoung hopped out of the car and trailed forward, leaving Jaebum following him reluctantly. The younger cop glanced over his shoulder once in awhile to check that JB was still behind him.

At one point, some teacher came up to Jinyoung and brought him away. He threw a sentence at his friend before leaving with the teacher, “Don’t run away, hyung. I know the girls, and I’ll ask them.”

JB grunted and made his way down the corridor, trying to stumble upon the girls. He was walking towards the office when he saw Moonhee walking alone, leaning slightly against the wall while holding her head.

He padded towards her, quietly.

 

Moonhee felt her head spin for a second before she realised that someone was creeping up behind her. Her instincts kicked in and she spun around, grabbing the arm that was reaching out to her.

She twisted the arm quick enough to cause surprise but JB was able to counter the attack. She took his chance to jump away from the male, her hands in front of her in defence.

 

Moonhee straightened her back with a scowl on her face when she recognised the face in front of her. She dropped her arms and sighed.

“What are you doing here?”

JB kept silent, his eyes scanning the girl. She folded her arms across her chest at his silence. She waited for his word but he didn’t speak.

“Are you just planning to just stare at me?” She spat in exasperation. “I’m gonna leave if you don’t talk.”

Jaebum was thinking if he should snap back at her, or just speak to her normally. Or at least try to.

He gave in to the latter, “You saw the unsub right?”

“Yeah, so? What about it?”

He took in a deep breath, “Was that how you knew she had lavender perfume and was female?”

“Duh. I have eyes, don’t I?” Moonhee couldn’t be bothered to talk to the officer anymore. She just wanted to leave the conversation as soon as possible.

JB ruffled his hair in frustration.

“I’m trying to be nice here and you’re not helping.”

She was about to roll her eyes again when a thought struck her. A smirk tugged on the ends of her lips. She took a step forward.

“So you caught her. Didn’t you?” She taunted him. “Are you here to apologise for being a ?”

JB mirrored her smug look, throwing her off guard.

“You know what? You’re impossible to deal with. I can’t stand you.”

He spun on his heels and left, leaving the girl staring at his back, the smug look slowly fading from her face. She let out a breath and headed her own way.

She bumped into Yael, who had been watching them at the classroom door with her arms folded. She padded up to her best friend.

“You okay?” Yael asked, noticing the slight paleness of her friend’s face.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Moonhee nodded, assuring Yael. “What are you doing out here? I sent you a text right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter