S13

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey! I need all teams over to the scene right now!”

Jaebum was barking commands in the chaotic precinct when there was a report of a murder in a landed property in the morning.

 

The cleaning lady found the doors unlocked, and when she stepped into the kitchen through the back door, she saw her employer dead in the kitchen with an unknown male. Both of them had hands tied behind their backs.

The ropes that bound them were attached to the overhanging wineglass racks. They were facing each other.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung flashed their ID passes at the officers on scene and entered the scene. JB went straight towards the bodies and saw that they were killed by a single shotgun wound to their foreheads.

“Execution style,” Jinyoung nodded.

“The woman suffered a hit against her head before she was killed. The man was killed before he could know there was someone in the house with them.” Johnny explained. “It was a clean shot with .22 revolver with a silencer.”

Jinyoung went to the cleaning lady, who was visibly shaken up. She was given her statement to Bambam.

“I… I am scheduled to come in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I received a message from Mrs, asking me to come in today.”

Jaebum went to the wall, where the word was displayed. Another forensic officer was taking the blood sample.

Jinyoung came over to Jaebum, “It turns out that this woman’s husband is overseas for a meeting, he’s on the plane right now. The deceased male is her husband’s best friend.”

JB nodded, the photographer taking photos of the scene.

“According to the cleaning lady, the both of them don’t exactly have a platonic friendship. He would spend the entire day in her bedroom when the husband’s away.”

 

***

 

Moonhee adjusted her outfit as she stood outside the hotel’s room door. The professor had arranged for them to meet there.

“Are you ready?” Yael’s voice came through the little chip in Moonhee’s ear.

“I’m good,” she whispered and knocked on the door.

The door opened and Moonhee was pulled into the room and into a hug. Arms wound around her as the older man kissed the top of her head.

“I missed you,” he whispered into her hair.

“Me too.”

But in her heart, Moonhee was fighting all the urge to punch the man in the face. She had to pull reins on her natural instincts.

She hated herself for letting this man touch her.

This man molested his student and the school covered it up for him.

The student killed herself because of the shame she had gotten from the actions of this man.

Moonhee questioned herself all the time if it was worth it using herself to get back at these erts, but the thought of those girls not getting their justice stopped her from thinking that way.

She was going to do this for those girls.

“Come on,” the professor pulled Moonhee towards the bedroom and lightly pushed her onto the bed. “I need you.”

Moonhee just laid still as he straddled her, kissing her neck. She squeezed her eyes shut, not noticing that the professor had turned over his shoulder, directly at the camera he had hidden.

 

Yael was watching everything happen through the CCTV along the corridor and also through the CCTV hidden in the vent of the bedroom.

“Sneaky bastard,” she whispered when she realised that the professor was the one who had installed the camera. “Too bad for you, I’ll make sure your face makes the newspapers.”

 

Moonhee felt the professor’s hand move down towards the ends of her skirt. She felt that it wasn’t worth it to let him have her before she had her revenge.

“Baby, baby. Stop,” she whispered, pretending she was out of breath.

“What is it?” He looked down at her, breathless.

“Let’s have some wine before we get to business. I’ll go get it.” She volunteered and got off the bed.

“I’ll go grab a quick shower. See you later, babycakes.”

Moonhee quickly darted out of the room and headed to the bar counter in the room. Reaching for the sachet hidden in her bra, she got two wine glasses and emptied the sachet into one.

She found the wine and the water in the bathroom turn on. She poured the wine in quickly, marking hers with lipstick.

She headed to his phone and installed a software bug, easy for Yael to hack into the phone and obtain data.

“Done. El, I’m into his phone.” She whispered and glanced around.

The water turned off and she darted towards bar counter. She had just reached the wine glasses when she realised that the powder had not fully dissolved. She reached for a stirrer and twirled it in the glass before dumping it in the sink.

Arms wound around her waist from the back, Moonhee found herself pressed against the professor’s chest.

“Here’s your glass.”

“No, I wanna drink from you.” He puckered his lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter