S43

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung drove Yael back to the precinct, the entire car ride was silent as they trailed behind the car driving Jungmin. She tried so hard not to just jump at Jungmin when she watched the officers drag him out of the academy.

 

“Where’s Moonhee? What’s happening? How is she?”

Yael fired away at one of the officers when he came out. Before he could tell her anything, Jinyoung brought Jungmin out with other officers.

“W-Why--”

Another stretcher came out, unconscious Moonhee was being carried towards the ambulance. Yael’s eyes switched between her best friend and Jungmin. She connected the dots together and charged towards Jungmin, clawing at him.

Jinyoung saw his girlfriend coming, he quickly got an officer to take over his spot and caught her. Yael managed to scratch Jungmin across the face.

“I knew something was wrong with you! Jester! Jungmin! Whoever the you are, I will make sure you’ll never see tomorrow’s sunlight! ING BASTARD!” She cried and broke down. “What did you do to her?”

Jungmin stopped walking, he glanced over his shoulder at Yael.

The smug look on his face set Yael off again.

He was then shoved into the back of the police car before she could go ape on him again. Jinyoung had a tight hold on her.

“It’s okay, baby. We got him!”

 

“We’re here,” Jinyoung spoke up when they pulled up outside the precinct.

Yael was brought back from her thoughts. She nodded, hopping out of the car without a second word. She walked straight into the precinct, Jinyoung ran up behind her. She flinched - hard - when he touched her.

“I’m sorry,” he leapt away.

“I-It’s okay.”

Yael hugged herself and went towards the office, where her bag was. She ignored everyone and left after grabbing her bag, even brushing against Jinyoung when he came in after her.

“El,” he called her.

“I’m fine. I’m going to the hospital.”

 

---

 

Jinyoung threw the door to the interrogation room open and slammed it shut after stepping in. Jungmin was handcuffed to the bench he was sitting on. He let out a blinding grin when he saw the detective enter.

“Park Jinyoung, how nice to meet you.” His grin fell to a smile. “I would shake your hand but I’m cuffed.”

“Don’t bother playing nice.” He slammed his palms against the table and leaned closer to Jungmin. “I want to know everything. The way you pick your victims. The way you murdered them. Why you did what you did to Moonhee? All of them.”

Jungmin laughed, “You need me to tell you all of that? Your friend, my angel, has already figured everything out. Maybe you should go ask her.”

His eyes then darkened as he stared at Jinyoung, his lips curling into a sinister smirk.

“If she’s still alive.”

Jinyoung let out a breath and sat down on the chair. He folded his arms, mirroring Jester’s stare. His phone vibrated in his pocket. He fished it out, glanced at the message and shot up from his seat.

“What’s wrong officer?” Jungmin shook his head in amusement.

“I’ll be back for you.”

Jinyoung went to the door and before he left, he threw a look at Jungmin.

“Moonhee’s still alive if you must know. She’s a strong girl.”

 

-

 

Yael was playing with her fingers outside the operating theatre. The doctor came out earlier, to inform her that Moonhee had lack of oxygen in her system, but she was going to be fine because the pressure on wasn’t for very long.

Before she could ask the doctor any more questions, a nurse came running with a tray full of blood bags and headed straight to the OT.

The doctor his heels, Yael caught his arm.

“What’s going on?”

“We have another patient losing a lot of blood. I have to go!”

The doctor rushed into the OT as Jinyoung ran up to her. He glanced around, Yael fell sitting on the chair and buried her face in her palms.

He knelt before her, his hands resting on her knees.

“What’s going on? What’s happening?”

She started sobbing quietly, Jinyoung feared for the worst.

“Did something go wrong with Moonhee’s operation?” He asked, climbing onto the seat next to his girlfriend. “Yael, talk to me.”

“Moonhee’s fine.”

She wiped her face free of tears and looked straight into his eyes.

“It’s Jaebum. He’s losing a lot of blood. A nurse just went it from the blood bank.”

 

---

 

“He’s such a psychopath. Look at how he’s acting after killing so many people!” Minhyuk whispered to Youngjae when they gathered in the room beside the interrogation room.

Jungmin was whistling a tune to himself, smiling and bobbing his head to his whistling. His fingers drummed on the bench lightly.

“Detective Im and Moonhee are still in surgery…”

The door to their room barged open, Jinyoung entered with a thrashing Yael in his arms. He kicked the door close, making Jungmin look up at the one-way mirror with a crooked smile.

“Look at that! Look at that !” Yael clawed at the mirror. “Let me go!”

“Calm down! Jesus, Moon Yael! You need to calm the down!”

She kicked him in his shin, forcing him to let go and she swung h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter