Chapter 7- Epilogue

All of the While, I Never Knew (It was You)

Jin smiled to himself as he walked into the café the next morning, humming a tune as he made his way to the counter.

 

He and Namjoon had talked for the majority of the previous day, going out for lunch, then ice cream, and Jin couldn’t be in a better mood. He was so glad they had worked everything out.

 

But that didn’t mean his revenge plan was cancelled, oh no. He knew what to do.

 

Jimin was getting a taste of his own medicine—or, coffee, rather.

 

When he had told Namjoon his plan, the younger had nearly fallen off the park bench from laughing so hard. He even told Jin he’d take his lunch break earlier so he could come to the café and watch.

 

“Is Namjoon-hyung waiting for you?” Jimin asked, confused as to why the other was sitting alone at one of the tables, sipping on his coffee and staring at his phone.

 

“Oh, yeah, I told him he could visit during break,” Jin waved Jimin off, not wanting the younger to be suspicious.

 

All he had to do now was wait until Jungkookie went to make his usual caramel macchiato for his break. He even had the cup ready—for Jungkook’s convenience, of course.

 

“I’m taking my break now, Hyung,” their youngest said, coming from the back room and heading around a blushing Jimin towards the coffee makers.

 

“Oh, you go sit down with Joonie! I’ll make your coffee, and I’ll join you in a minute,” Jin chirped, lightly pushing Jungkook towards Namjoon’s table.

 

“Uh…alright. Add an extra pump of caramel, please?” Jungkook asked and he accepted Jin’s nudging.

 

“Sure thing, Kookie.”

 

Jimin was too distracted watching Jungkook sneakily as he straightened the counter displays that he didn’t even notice when Jin wrote on Jungkook’s cup.

 

‘Jungkookie, I’ve had the biggest crush on you forever! Please accept a date with me, here’s my number- Jiminie <3‘

 

Jin handed the coffee to Jimin, “here—go join Jungkook and Joon. I’ll come in a minute for my break.”

 

“Alright, Hyung!”

 

Jin smirked as he watched Jimin skip towards Jungkook, handing out the coffee cutely as he sat down next to the younger. Jin moved a little closer.

 

“Uh….Jimin-hyung?”

 

“Yes, Kookie?”

 

“…I, uh, well—,” Jungkook flushed as he stuttered, setting the cup down and turning it so Jimin could see the written message.

 

“…Oh…my…GOD—I, I swear I did NOT—,”

 

“I’ve…liked you too, Hyung…for a while,” Jungkook said quieter, making Jimin choke on his own breath as he was interrupted by Jungkook’s unexpected confession.

 

“O—oh. Well…haha, yeah,” Jimin squeaked, turning to glare at Jin—who was bent over the counter shaking with laughter.

 

“You guys are so cute,” Namjoon teased, sipping his coffee to hide his own smirk.

 

“I hate you, and I hate your boyfriend,” Jimin said through clenched teeth.

 

“So, where are you guys gonna go for your first date? There’s this really nice barbeque place—,” Jin said jokingly as he joined the others at the table.

 

“I’m never doing anything to help you ever again, Hyung! This is how I’m repaid for setting you guys up!” Jimin huffed, still blushing from his embarrassment.

 

“Yeah, yeah, Jiminie. You heard the kid, Jungkook’s been crushing on you too. Now thank me and get back to work,” Jin fake-scolded, patting Jimin’s arm.

 

“Good afternoon, peeps! How’s it hangin’!” Taehyung yelled as he entered the café, pausing for a minute as he looked at the scene in front of him. “Did I miss something?”

 

Jimin stood up, starting towards the counter before turning around and hugging Jin from behind tightly.

 

“Thanks, Hyung,” he whispered.

 

“Mhm, now never meddle with my love life again,” Jin answered, leaning into Jimin’s hug.

 

“No promises,” Jimin grinned.

 

In a few years, Jin would regret ever letting Jimin help plan his and Namjoon’s wedding—and vow revenge again, for whenever Jimin and Jungkook followed their example.