Chapter 5

Question Mart

The years passed and with each year, Daehwi and Samuel's relationship only got better.  They had been out on countless dates, met each others families, Daehwi met most of Samuel's friends, and they even went to prom together.  And so two and a half years after they first met, Daehwi sat in the packed school auditorium waiting to walk across the stage and officially graduate high school.  

 

He stood up when his name was called and happily stepped onto the stage, eyes searching for his mom.  He found her with ease despite the crowd and was surprised to see Samuel sitting next to his mom.  But more surprising than his mom, was that Nayoung, his old friend from Korea?  Daehwi put aside his confusion and accepted his diploma.  

 

As soon as the ceremony was finished, Daehwi scrambled to find his mom in the crowd of parents.  When he found her, he first received a running hug from Samuel and then a normal hug from his mom, who was having a hard time holding back her tears.  But possibly Nayoung was no where to be seen.

 

That night he had his graduation party, which would have been more fun if Samuel could have been there.  Not that Daehwi hadn't made any friends out of his classmates, but everything was more fun with Samuel. 

 

The next day was a Friday, which was the day Samuel and his friends were having their own graduation party for him.

 

-/:\-

 

When Samuel's rants of his wonderful boyfriend had finally reached the ears of Nayoung and Jieqiong in April of Daehwi's senior year, they freaked out.  What were the chances that Samuel's boyfriend was the same Lee Daehwi they had been friends with when they lived in Korea. 

 

After Samuel showed them a picture of Daehwi, confirming that he was the same Daehwi they used to be friends with, and knowing that Daehwi's high school graduation was soon, they knew they had to do something.

 

The something ended up costing quite a bit of money, not only out of their pockets, and a party thrown by Samuel's friends with a preplanned surprise.

 

They arranged for Nayoung to attend Daehwi's graduation and film as much of it as possible, while Jieqiong prepared the surprise, even though it wasn't needed until the next day. 

 

Daehwi woke up exhausted on Friday morning, and sadly suffered through the entire school day, why they had to go to school after they graduated he didn't know.  Despite his exhaustion, he was still looking forward to the graduation party that Samuel and his friends were holding for him.  He had spent as much time as his now empty schedule allowed with Samuel, and they played cards as they changed room to room, following Samuel's schedule.  

 

-/:\-

 

Samuel was having a hard time containing his excitement for later.  It took all of his self restraint to not tell Daehwi evreything, but they put a lot into this so he would have to it up for the 45 minutes there were until school ended for the day.

 

Meanwhile, he was playing his fifth game of poker against Daehwi with their spare change.  So far Daehwi had won two games and Samuel had won three, and they were playing to five so Samuel was confident.

 

-/:\-

 

Once school ended, Samuel and Daehwi headed to Daehwi's house first, so he could put down his stuff and tell his mom before heading over to Samuel's house.  As they walked, Daehwi tried to get answers out of Samuel about the party, but Samuel was being very secretive, so he gave up and walked faster so he could see for himself sooner.  

 

If Daehwi was expecting anything, it was not that Samuel's house would appear empty.  He knew that it wasn't going to be just him and Samuel so he walked carefully, after taking off his shoes, Samuel trailing after him.

 

He peered into the living room and as he the light, lots of people jumped out of nowhere screaming surprise, and Daehwi fell backward.  Once he got up and looked at all of the people, his eyes bugged out, and his jaw dropped.  His friends from Korea were all there, standing in Samuel's living room, grinning at him.

 

Samuel leaned over his shoulder.  "Are you happy with your surprise?"  He asked, regarding all the people in his living room.

 

"Yes.  Thank you so much babe.  How did you manage it?"  Daehwi asked.  He looks around the room in awe.

 

"It was all Nayoung and Jieqiong's idea really.  It would be better to ask them."  Samuel said, siting on the floor next to the couch which was currently sitting five more people than it was supposed to.  

 

Daehwi looked around the room, and found Nayoung and Jieqiong sitting together in an armchair, looking the same they had two years ago when he had last seen them (if you didn't count yesterday at his graduation where he saw who he was now 100% sure was Nayoung, he didn't).

 

"I haven't heard the story either, do tell."  Somi, one of his best friends from Korea said.  Everyone else nodded and looked for a seat to squish into, and Daehwi sat down next to Samuel before Nayoung and Jieqiong began their story.  

 

"So it starts about two months ago."  Nayoung recalled.  "Jie and I were hanging out with Sammy and Josh at Josh's house, and Samuel started talking about Daehwi the-"

 

"You talk about me to your friends!?"  Daehwi asked.  

 

Samuel blushed and one of his friends that Daehwi actually knew, Wonwoo from the bookstore, answered for him, " all the time.  Honestly I don't honk there's been a time that I've hung out with him since you've met that he hasn't talked about you."  Samuel blushed more at that, if that was possible.

 

"Don't act like you don't talk about Samuel to us."  Daehwi's supposed best friend Jinyoung said.  Daehwi glared at him and mentally promoted Somi to best friend and demoted Jinyoung.

 

Now it was Samuel's turn to look at Daehwi in surprise, "you talk about me?" 

 

Daehwi blushed and opened his mouth to say something before being cut off by Jeonghan, "aww that's sweet, but can we get on with the story?"  He was immediately met with glares from the rest of the friend group mom friends, who were enjoying watching the two flounder in their young love.

 

"No, not yet."  Jonghyun said.

 

Jisung and Nayoung nodded, their disapproving gazes never leaving Jeonghan's face.

 

"Right sorry.  Whenever you're ready then."  Jeonghan said.

 

"Well the moment is ruined thanks to you, so I'll continue the story now."  Nayoung said.  "And so Jie and I heard Daehwi's name mentioned and we were like 'we were friends with a Daehwi when we lived in Korea' and after a couple minutes we realized we were talking about the same person."

 

Jieqiong took over the story from there, "and then we realized you would be graduating soon.  And we thought 'wouldn't it be cool if we could get our friends from Korea here for that?' And then like two days later we found out that Jonghyun, Minhyun, Minki and Dongho would be moving out here soon and-"

 

Daehwi looked at the mentioned people who were sitting on the other couch with another guy Daehwi didn't know, "you guys are moving here!?"

 

They all nodded, and Jonghyun spoke up, "yeah, we moved in a month ago, and we met Aron who's our new neighbor and knows these guys, and-" 

 

"Jonghyunnie."  Jeonghan cut in.

 

"Right sorry."  Jonghyun put his hands up in surrender

 

Jieqiong cleared and waited until people were looking at her again before continuing the story, "and so we texted them, and they were down with it, and this was while they were still in Korea, so they talked to everyone else and we eventually decided to sort of set up a surprise party, which turned into this."

 

"Yesterday Nayoung was at your graduation, and she filmed it so that we could watch it later, and during that time, Jieqiong picked up all of your friends at the airport."  Samuel said proudly boasting a plan that he did not come up with.  

 

"I knew that was Nayoung!  I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find her after the graduation was over."  Daehwi exclaimed.  Everyone laughed at that, especially Nayoung.

 

"I could tell you saw and recognized me, but I tried to stay calm and not show it.  And once the ceremony was over, I had to help Jie pick up people from the airport and sort our housing arrangements."  She explained.

 

"Oh yeah where are all of you staying?" Samuel asked.

 

"Doyeon, Yoojungie, and I are staying with Minhyun , Jonghyun , Minki , and Dongho."  Somi exclaimed happily.

 

Jonghyun, Minhyun, Dongho, and Minki all nodded.  Minke spoke up, "it feels weird not hearing you call me oppa."

 

"Well we are in America, and she is speaking English.  It would be kinda weird."  Dongho pointed out.

 

"I know but still."  Minki said

 

"Jie and I have Sejeong, Chaeyeon, and Chungha."  Nayoung said next.  The mentioned people all nodded, some probably disputed not knowing what she just said.

 

"Woojin and I are with those two."  Jisung said in Korean, pointing at Seungcheol and his boyfriend Jihoon, who for the sake of less confusion was going by 'woozy' for the time being.

 

"Han and I have Jaehwan and Seungwoon staying with us."  Joshua said from his happy squished place on the couch.

 

"Guanlinnie is staying with Jun, and Daniel and Seungwoo are staying with Soonyoung and Seokmin."  Nayoung cut in to make things go faster.

 

"Oh that'll be fun."  Daehwi laughed.

 

"Mingyu and Wonwoo have Park Jihoon as well as Jinyoung, which leaves Sohye, Mina, and Yeonjung with Minkyung."  Nayoung finished.  

 

Daehwi nodded, "I'm glad you worked it out so no one would need a hotel."

 

"So are our bank accounts."  Seungwoo said, making everyone laugh again.

 

After that, the party got under way, and Daehwi got to spend time with his friends who had come so far just for him.  He was still in shock by the time the party had ended after dinner time.  He watched as his friends new and old trickled out together in new groups that would hopefully last awhile, and he felt a smile grow on his face as he leaned his head against Samuel's shoulder.  

 

A/n: and so it ends. Yayyy!! I don't know why it took me so long to write this last chapter, but it's here now.  It's really late at night so there are probably lots of mistakes, but I think I caught most of them.  After this, I have another idea for a samhwi fic which I'll write someday... Anyway as per usual, sorry for any mistakes and I hope you enjoyed my story!