Fresh Interns

Operating Theatre
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning and welcome to all of you, young doctors." The middle-aged man stood on the stage in Department of Surgery meeting room. "Today you will start a new journey. Today, you've given a chance to learn more about surgery, to dig your passion. I only have one advice; do not mess this up. I hope you all can survive and get accepted to our department. Welcome."

 

The chief of surgery walked down after the opening speech. He went straight out since he had surgery to do. Near the door, a female resident with dark blue scrubs bowed, then they talked a bit. Soon, the resident took the microphone.

 

"Good morning, my name is Kim Taeyeon. I uh..." She glanced down to the paper in her hand before looking up to the seven new interns. "Am the chief of residents. Welcome to our department. I hope we can work well together."

 

They nodded.

 

"Alright, let's see attendance check. Doctor Choi Sooyoung," the tall girl raised her hand. Taeyeon proceeded to read all the names till the last. "Doctor Tiffany Hwang."

 

The average height woman stood up from her chair then bowed. Taeyeon subtly increased her brow. The name was foreign but she was the only one who took time to show the highest politeness.

 

"Okay, that's all." The chief put her pen back to her lab coat. "I've assigned every one of you to a fifth year resident. You will follow him or her for the week. You are welcome to observe, ask questions, and if you're lucky enough, they might give you a shot to assist in surgery. Any question?"

 

Tiffany Hwang's hand rose up. "What do we need to do to get the surgery?"

 

"Impress them." Taeyeon answered curtly. "Anything else?"

 

The new interns murmur lowly.

 

"No? Tiffany Hwang, you're with me."

 

-----

 

"This is GICU, ICCU." The chief resident pointed a large automatic door on the left. "That is NICU, PICU." She turned to the right then moved forward. "At the end of this hall is HCU."

 

"Are we only going to see places? No surgery?"

 

Taeyeon knitted her brows together. "This is part of orientation. Believe me, I have mountains of stuff to do yet I stuck here to guide you around. Be grateful."

 

"Then let's go do your stuff." Tiffany shrugged. "I can find my way to these places by myself after hour."

 

Taeyeon tilted her head, contemplating. She could sense that this woman was something different. She was not rude, but Taeyeon could tell she knew exactly what she wanted. And she'd do anything – literally anything to get it.

 

"If you say so." Taeyeon turned back then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter