Stitches

Operating Theatre
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one made comment when Tiffany purposely slammed her food tray on the table. The interns exchanged a glance but kept their mouth shut. Yuri carefully patted her friend’s shoulder while keeping the safe distance. Just in case Tiffany was angry enough to throw something.  

 

“We’re here… if you want to talk about it?”

 

“She can go straight to hell. Frankly, she deserves that place.”

 

Sooyoung smiled tightly.

 

“I wasted five hours debating her approach for CABG. Can you ing believe that? Five freaking hours!”

 

“I’m glad she’s not my assigned resident.” Commented one of the interns.

 

“It’s been three days and all you guys do is debate?”

 

“I’m this close losing my .” Tiffany put her index finger and thumb together, barely leaving any space. “I probably should report her to the chief of surgery.”

 

“Tiffany, no. That’s not going to work.”

 

“Why not? This is injustice–”

 

Sooyoung swiftly covered Tiffany’s mouth when she saw Kim Taeyeon entering the cafeteria with Im YoonA, Yuri’s assigned resident. The two walked side by side. Both shined a different charm. YoonA was a cheerful, bright woman. Her bright personality radiated through the room. Proven by her junior who didn’t hesitate to greet or simply smile at her. Meanwhile, Kim Taeyeon was the total opposite. Her serious almost emotionless face easily scared people away.

 

“Yuri! Hey!” Im YoonA approached their table with Kim Taeyeon following behind. The interns, except Tiffany immediately sat straight. “Enjoying your lunch?”   

 

“Yeah. The meal is pretty good.” Yuri grinned from ear to ear making Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Not the best but… yeah.” YoonA waved to all interns friendlily. “Ready for skills lab? I’m going to teach you how to stich tendon, the easiest way.” She winked.

 

The whole table groaned at Yuri’s awesome fortune.

 

“Can I join?” Tiffany suddenly stood up and bowed towards Im Yoona. “I would greatly appreciate the chance.”

 

“Uhh… but your tutor is right here.” YoonA pointed the woman who stood behind her.

  

“Doctor Kim said she has to go to the ER after lunch and I can do whatever I want while she at it.” Tiffany didn’t spare a glance to the other woman. “I want to study a real surgery.” She emphasized the sentence.

 

Kim Taeyeon’s pager beeped.

 

“The patient is here.” She informed YoonA. “I have to go.” She put the device back in her pocket. “You come with me, Tiffany Hwang. Let’s see what you got.”

 

-----

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter