1/1

Your scent is still sweet on my lips

 

Luhan was looking around him in awe. He loved coffee shops and especially this one. It was nicely decorated, it had a pleasant smell and it felt warm and welcoming. He was now sure he made the right choice when applying as a barista in this coffee shop. He loved coffee. He set his gaze on the man behind the counter who looked like he was waiting for him. He was wearing an apron with the shop logo on it and a dark shirt with rolled up sleeves. His face was pretty, his milky skin looked very soft and his light brown hair was beautifully styled up. He looked both cute and y at the same time. When his cat-like eyes met Luhan's, his stare was intense and Luhan felt the urge to look away, a slight blush spreading on his cheeks. He got closer so that they could greet each other properly. The barista introduced himself as Kim Minseok, the owner of the shop and the one who would take care of him while he was new. Luhan was delighted to hear that, thinking it could be an occasion to get closer to the older that interested and intrigued him at the same time. He definitely loved coffee and coffee shops and cute baristas.

It was Luhan's first day at work and he was feeling slightly anxious. It was the first time he was standing on the other side of the counter. Hopefully, Minseok was standing right next to him, explaining for the third or fourth time how to use this or that machine. It was helping Luhan to feel more relaxed. He greeted his first customer and took their order, half excited and half nervous. Minseok was staring at him intently as he grabbed a cup and took a moment to figure out under which machine he should put it. As he was taking too long, Minseok placed his own hand over Luhan's and guided it towards the right machine. Luhan was surprised by the sudden contact but nonetheless smiled gratefully at Minseok. He continued like that for a few hours, slowly getting better at it. All of Minseok's attention was on him, either focused on Luhan's long and graceful fingers or on his pretty face with delicate features. He barely looked up to greet the other employees. After a few hours, Minseok told the new barista his shift was over and offered to go out to eat together. Luhan accepted and the older drove them to a restaurant nearby. They chatted a lot and discovered many things about each other. They obviously talked about their common passion, coffee, but also found out it was not the only one : they both loved soccer and had the same tastes in music. Even though they didn't know each other for a long time, they were talking casually, as if they've been friends for years. This lunch break they spent together became a habit. Whether they went to a restaurant or quickly ate a sandwich behind the counter, they ate their lunch meal together every day of work. They got to know each other better every day during this time and they quickly grew fond of each other. They even began to grow closer to each other physically. Lingering looks and "accidental" touching became more and more frequent, especially at work. Everybody noticed : their co-workers teased them about their closeness and customers assumed they were a couple. Every time they would receive such comment, Luhan would blush furiously and try to explain they were just friends while Minseok would just smile. Influenced by all these comments, Luhan was beginning to think maybe he had more than friendly feelings towards Minseok, which made it harder every day to handle all the physical contact.

Luhan wanted to be sure about Minseok's feelings before attempting anything, fearing to be the only one feeling this way and not wanting to ruin their friendship. The older male was actually quite mysterious and difficult to understand sometimes. So Luhan didn't do anything. Until that day. Minseok had to go search something in the store cupboard and since Luhan never went there, he accompanied him. It was not really big but there was just enough space for the two of them to stand inside. Minseok was talking to Luhan when he jumped at the sudden slam of the door.

-Why would you shut the door ?

-I didn't ?

Luhan tried to open it but it was locked. Minseok began to shout his co-worker's names but none of them would answer. Luhan heard muffled laughter behind the door. He rolled his eyes and sighed, beginning to understand what was the point of all this.

-Hyung, don't tire yourself out, they won't answer. They are the ones who locked us up.

The older didn't know since when Luhan started to call him hyung but he enjoyed it, maybe more than he should. He also understood what his stupid employees were trying to do but he decided to act like he didn't.

-Why would they do that ?

-Well... I guess because we're... You know..., Luhan stuttered embarrassed, scratching his nape with one hand. The space between them was very thin and he started to feel a bit uncomfortable.

-Because we're what ? Minseok asked as innocently as possible, getting closer to Luhan. He loved seeing his adorable shy expression. Luhan was finding it more and more difficult to breathe properly as Minseok was getting closer.

-Well you know... since we're close, they're trying to... set us up I guess ?

Minseok couldn't keep his straight face anymore and started to laugh at Luhan's embarrassment. The latter pouted and pretended to be offended :

-It's not funny hyung, stop making fun of me, he said while punching the other's chest lightly. His heart was beating fast. He tried to open the door again but it was still locked.

-Hyung what are we gonna do ? he whined.

-I don't know. Maybe confess our undying love for each other.

Luhan laughed ; that was certainly what their co-workers locked them up for. When he noticed Minseok wasn't laughing, he looked up at him. The older male was looking him straight in the eyes, intensely.

-A-Are you serious ?

-Yes.

Luhan's brain was working really fast, simultaneously trying to determine if Minseok was indeed serious and searching his words. He couldn't hold Minseok's gaze any longer and his eyes started to wander over his body. He was wearing a white shirt, the sleeves were rolled up as usual and the first buttons were undone. He was really hot that day, Luhan thought. And after that he stopped thinking. He stopped wondering, he stopped searching for the right words to confess ; he didn't need words. He leant forward, closing the small gap between them and pressed their lips together in a soft kiss. Minseok immediately responded, smiling into the kiss that quickly became more passionate. He's been waiting for this to happen for days. Before they could go any further, the cupboard's door suddenly opened on one of their co-workers. Luhan, embarrassed, tried to break free of the embrace but Minseok didn't move. Instead, he just looked at the new barista that surprised them with a very intimidating gaze until the latter slowly closed the door and silently walked away.

-Now, where were we ? Minseok smirked at Luhan, searching for his lips and kissing him, again and again.

***

Kyungsoo went back to his supervisor waiting for him behind the counter, his eyes wider than ever and a traumatized expression on his face.

-Kyungsoo, what's wrong ? Jongin asked carefully.

-The boss... With Luhan... In the cupboard...

Jongin didn't need more to understand. He just laughed lightly and softly ruffled Kyungsoo's hair.