III. Cookies

Abducted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(07/12/17)

 

 

It was Friday, the last day before Lisa will be suspended to school. She was regretting everything she did because that just caused her trouble and more problem but she knew that girl deserved what she did.

 

She was feeling a lot more teribble than what she felt everyday, with thoughts of Ern's condition, her suspension for a week, money, school exams and her work invading her mind, it became impossible for her to be happy.

 

She became more disturbed by her older brother Bambam's behavior, he was always spacing out with a dark expression, he was always distracted and he was always out to who knows where. He isn't like that, he was a cheerful and gentle person, he always focused on them, throwing corny jokes and taking care of them, but as day passed by he changed, he looked so distant like he is hiding a secret, she tried to asked him but he always dismissed her telling she's just over thinking.

 

She went to school early that day with a heavy heart, she slept on the hospital with Ern and even though she kept on denying it to herself she knew Ern wasn't getting any better. She was becoming paler and weaker, she's already bald from all the chemo therapies. She was thanking those who have donated to support her sister's therapy but now nobody seems to be interested supporting them anymore and that what made her worry more. Working lots of part time would not be enough to pay the operation.

 

She was on her way to her classroom when she saw Mrs. Lee on the hallway signalling her to come to her. The hallway was deserted because it's still early, leaving the two of them, her heart started to beat faster because she knew what she is going to say, she thinks she's just going to remind her about her suspension.

 

She bowed her head to the principal, "Good morning Mrs. Lee." she formally greeted her.

 

Her head was still down because of embarrassment, she was waiting for Mrs. Lee to greet her but after a minute passes she raised her head to look at her thinking she was still mad and disappointed to her.

 

Their eyes met.

 

"I'm deeply sor-" Lisa tried to apologize, her eyes was already watering, she can't help it but to be emotional, all of her problems invading her mind.

 

"Are you okay? You looked terrible." Mrs. Lee said without humor, she was staring at Lisa with pity and worry. 

 

Lisa's eyes widened at her remark, "I-I'm fine, I don't really apply make up, I'm really sorry Mrs. Lee." she muttered slightly panicking that made Mrs. Lee chuckled.

 

"Ya. You kid. I didn't mean that you looked terrible because you're ugly! You are beautiful you should keep that in mind and yes even without make up. What I meant is that you looked stressed, sad and down. Is there anything wrong?" Mrs. Lee said with sincerity, she didn't know Lisa that well but the kid made a way to her heart already because of her good heart and hard work.

 

Lisa bit her lower lip stopping herself from crying, she hates it, showing how weak she really is.

 

Everything is wrong Mrs. Lee.

 

That was what on her mind but instead she faked a smile and shook her head.

 

"I'm fine Mrs. Lee, maybe a little tired from work and school. I really appreciated that you asked me that." she bowed again the same time a tear fell from her eye, she raised her head and tried stopping her tears, fortunately she did.

 

Mrs. Lee sighed not really believing everything she just said but decided to let it passed.

 

"If you say so, I knew you know that I already treated you like my own daughter okay? If there's something bothering you, you are more than welcome to talk to me, I'll be more than willing to lend an ear." Mrs. Lee said seriously.

 

For more than a month Lisa was working as a student assistant to the school she became closer to Mrs. Lee, they always share each other's story about everything. But despite of that Mrs. Lee didn't want to be unfair so she decided to punished the both of them.

 

"Thank you so much Mrs. Lee, for everything." she gratefully said and smiled at her, now it was genuine. 

 

Mrs. Lee laughed, "So the reason I called you is that I just wanted to say you are not suspended anymore."

 

"I accept it Mrs. Lee, I know what I did was wrong... Wait, what?" she asked her with wide eyes.

 

"You're not listening to me kid, I said you are not going to be suspended anymore." Mrs. Lee said with a smile while looking at Lisa's shocked expression.

 

"I didn't know how that exactly happened but I'm really thankful. You didn't know how much you made me happy." Lisa said smiling widely.

 

Mrs. Lee chuckled, "Now there's a little misunderstanding here, you shouldn't be thanking me. Someone said the whole story to me."

 

Lisa's brows furrowed from confusion, "S-someone? Can I ask who is that someone?"

 

Mrs. Lee smiled teasingly.

 

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook. He is that someone, go now search him and thank him. He deserves it."

 

With that said Mrs. Lee walked to her office with a meaningful smile plastered on her face leaving her jaw hanging and eyes wide opened.

 

That Jeon Jungkook?! Are we talking about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter