Chapter 6

Innocent Hearts

My Princess,

I know how hard life for you lately. And me, as your Prince who promised to protect you became a fool. I thought I was protecting you, but I’m only hurting you more. Baby, I swear I’ve been trying to fix things before I can look at you again. But I failed, So how can I see you again? I love you. Please meet me tonight at the swing on the park I’ll wait for you until dawn, if you won’t come I'll consider it as we are done.

Love,

Yeol.

Chanyeol shivers as he waited at the swing, he is wearing nothing but a lose white t shirt and pajama. It's almost dawn. No sign of Baekhyun yet. He's losing hope. He stood up, preparing to leave.

"Please don’t turn around."

His eyes grew bigger, he followed her request. He remained standing as he hears her walk closer to him.

"Like a fool, I’ve been waiting for you everyday, I’ve been making ways to see you but you kept on avoiding me. My face lights up whenever my phone rings but suddenly darken when it’s not your name that appears. I can’t sleep at night wondering about you. You wanted to protect me, you tried to fix it. Did you know that while you were fixing our parents we are drifting and falling apart? I thought we loved each other enough to be there through hardships. Maybe love is not enough for us. I don’t know what happened. My mind is still a blur. I can’t think straight.." Baekhyun can’t take it anymore, he hear Chanyeol sobs but her heart's pain is louder than anything.. She back hugged him, he turned around to hug her. He missed her. She missed him. He loves her. She loves him."I think we need some time, time and space. We hurt each other enough, I don’t think I can hurt you anymore." He knows she's breaking up with him. He cupped her face and kissed her one last time. No one wanted to let go, they kissed as they hug. Tears were falling from each other's faces.

Baekhyun pulled out first to gasp some air. They were still hugging.

"Do you still love me Princess?"

"I love you even more. I’m just hurt. You are hurt. We need time to think."

"I'll only love you and I will wait."

Chanyeol walked her to the hospital. They were holding each other's hands. He hugged and kissed her one last time. It was warm, long but sad.

"I love you princess."

"I love you too." He tucked her in bed, still holding her hands. She didn’t want to sleep because this might be the last time they'll see each other again. Right there. They were staring at each other's eyes. Saying their last goodbyes.

They both know that they were each other's soul mates. But they are too young and doesn’t know how to fight.

If God forbids.. Chanyeol still wanted her to be the woman he'll spend the rest of his life with.

If God forbids.. Baekhyun still wanted him to be the man she'll share her eternity with.

If this is not the right lifetime, if this is not the right time. Surely their love will find their own way to give them the happy ending they wished.