Chapter 4

Innocent Hearts

Baekhyun ran her way out of Chanyeol's house. Her mom just called in to inform her that she and her husband has just arrived in Korea. Her parents knew she have a boyfriend but they don’t have any idea that she was staying with him. They will kill her if they'll know. Baekhyun planned to formally introduce Chanyeol to her parents as soon she came back from China, but now she doesn’t know if it's still necessary, though she wanted to introduce him to her mom but how will she explain it to her when she asked why she didn’t introduce him to her father.

Chanyeol dropped her off and leave immediately so he can prepare things that he'll going to bring for their planned trip to the sea.

He holds Baekhyun's hands. "Be strong Princess. Just act casual." He gave her a comforting smile.

"I'll see you later." She responded with a small smile and run into her house.

Baekhyun's frozen at the door, her parents now at home, waiting for her with worried looks in their eyes. Her mom is sitting in their couch, drinking a hot tea, maybe to calm her down while her father is standing behind her gently massaging her shoulders.

"M-mom... I’m s-sorry.. I stayed at my friend's house last night." Baekhyun stuttered as she tries to make a valid excuse about her whereabouts.

"Baekhyun you don’t know how worried your mom?" Her father asked angrily, raising his voice as they meet eyeing her with doubt.

Baekhyun ignored her father's words and run to comfort her mother.

"Mom I’m sorry okay? I didn’t called you because I know you needed that vacation and I wanted you to enjoy. I’ve been safe for days." Baekhyun pleaded her mom.

Her mom smiled at her and hugged her baby. "It’s okay, I’m okay now, aim glad you're fine. So did you had your breakfast my child?" Baekhyun hugged her mother shaking her head.

Her father left the two of them and carried their luggage on their bedroom while his mom continued to their kitchen to prepare breakfast for them. She helped her mother. She fried eggs & toast some bread, watching her mom make healthy fruit shakes. The three of them sat in their table, silently eating their breakfast. Her dad went back to their room to get some rest. He's going back to work tomorrow so he'll sleep for the whole day. Baekhyun volunteered to wash the dishes.

"Okay, what's the catch honey?" Her mom asked when she realized her daughter needed something from her.

"Mom, can I not sleep here tonight? Me and Yeol planned to go to the sea today, but I promise you mom, we are not going to do something bad! We're just going to go and hangout there!" Baekhyun begged her.

"Okay, I trust you honey. But no dirty acts alright?"

"Thank you mom!" She suddenly grabbed her mom and kisses her, she's happy and thankful that she allowed her.

"Oh, you left the necklace you bought in China. Go get it and so you can prepare your things needed to your sea trip, I’m going to do the dishes."

Baekhyun took off the apron and mouthed "Thank You" to her mom as she excitedly run to her parent’s room. She carefully opened the door, accidentally she heard her father talking to someone on the phone. "When are you going back? I’m at korea now. I miss you." His father was surprised to see Baekhyun in the room. He know she heard him. Baekhyun is angry, it is her mistress he's talking with at the phone and she gave her shocked father a deathly glared while trying not to cry. She snatched her things and run as fast as she could back to her room. She grabs her phone and texted Chanyeol.

To Yeol:

I'll just get ready and pick me up after 30 minutes.

Baekhyun is angry and she's afraid she might break down infront of her mom, but she doesn’t want her to know. It'll kill her mom. For 20 years of marriage, he had never cheated on her (as far as she knows). So she needs to leave the house ASAP. She slams her bathroom door to take a hot shower.

"Hyung can you please check my phone, it might be Baekhyun." Chanyeol requested his brother as he can’t touch the phone. He is making kimbap for the trip.

"Your princess is asking you to pick her after 30 mins bro." Junmyeon shouted, he's in the couch watching a soccer game with Yixing who is lying down, her legs is in Junmyeons lap. It is still awkward between them but they are fine as long as they are together. Waiting for Yeol to leave so they can talk about what happened last night.

Yeol asked Yixing to pack his basket so he can take a quick shower and can leave on time. Yixing is putting all the food inside the basket when Junmyeon wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, he open his mouth so she can feed her food. She can feel her cheeks blushing as she felt Junmyeon's body heat. She stuffs a kimbap on his mouth.

"Noona is it done?" A panting Chanyeol asked as he hurriedly run to the kitchen to check his food basket. He saw the position of the two but didn’t really care as he is in a hurry to pick her girlfriend.

It's going to be their very first out of town date. He is excited and he already imagined things in his mind. The picture of him, running after an excited Baekhyun, he even ridiculously imagined her in a swim suit which he knew that is never going to happen. He double checks his guitar and camera. He wanted to sing her the songs he has written so he brought his precious guitar and a camera to capture every single moment spent with her.

"All done!" Yixing handed him his basket.

He bid the two goodbye and left.

It is a happy ride, Yeol and Baekhyun talked, laugh and sang their hearts out. Baekhyun has a really great voice as well as Yeol. Music is one of the reasons why they got closer before they became a couple. Chanyeol would snap pictures and steal kisses on her. But Chanyeol knew she isn’t fine, He's only gonna make her laugh today and nothing else, no drama only happiness. The weather is hot, suited for a perfect date in the sea. They arrived at Hundae after 2 hrs of drive. Baekhyun run to the beach like a baby while Yeol is smiling looking at her. He grabs their things from the car compartment.

Yeol placed the tent near the rocks. It's a relief that he brought a one touch tent so he can easily assemble it. He also put a small table and two chairs in front of his tent where they can sit and eat. After preparing everything he went to look for Baekhyun, it is already 3 in the afternoon and he is starving. Thankfully he found her immediately. There she is, playing with the kids, she is laughing real hard, her hair is a mess because of the wind but she is still pretty as always. She caught her snapping pictures of her so she fixed her hair and started to pose. He laugh at her looking so cute doing all those silly pose. She ran to him and gave Yeol a warm hug. She pat her head and pull her back to their tent.

"Let’s eat, I’m hungry." Yeol took the food basket out and placed it on the table.

After eating, they cleaned up and Chanyeol made a bonfire to keep them warm. Baekhyun took Yeol's guitar handed it to him and signaled him to play for her. Without a doubt he performed the very first song he ever sang for her.

She
Who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry
She
May be the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past
That I'll remember till the day I die.

He look at her with his loving eyes, he put every emotion in every word of the song. He wanted her to feel that he loves her, that his love for Baekhyun is growing stronger. Baekhyun like this song, being Yeol's girlfriend is a blessing and she's thankful at him for giving her all the love in the world. She felt special, she is happy. A tear fell from her eyes when he finished the song. She wiped it immediately so Yeol won’t see.

It's her turn to sing for him, she's totally unprepared and asked Yeol to play the guitar for her. Before she can sing, a loud explosion startled her, they turned around to see what it is. Baekhyun pulled Yeol's hand and they run to the explosion. A couple is playing with fireworks, they asked them if they can join them. The girl who introduced herself as Luhan, handed her a firework. She passed it to Yeol to let the other lit it. She closed her eyes and made a wish before it explode in the sky. Chanyeol find it cute, he pat her head while shaking his head smiling. They snap a cute picture together where Chanyeol is can be seen kissing a closed eye Baekhyun in the cheeks with the fireworks in the background. They thanked the couple, bid their farewell and hands intertwined, together they slowly head back to their tent.

"Yeol?"

"Yes princess?" confused Chanyeol looked at her.

"Please never leave me. Please don’t fall in love with someone else." She said with her head hanging low.

Chanyeol stopped walking and turned Baekhyun to look at him, she raised her head to meet her lover's eyes anticipating whatever's he's going to say.

"I never imagined myself loving someone else besides you, I intend to love you in every lifetime I will live. I know it might sound crazy but you, Byun Baekhyun is the only woman I’m planning to love. You are the only girl that can make my heart skip a beat, you are beautiful, kind and you’re the only one who has the power to drive me insane. I’m crazy about you. So please don’t leave me as well because I know that God made you only for me. It's not love when it will be with another woman, because Byun Baekhyun, you are the epitome of love. I love you." Chanyeol pulled her into a hug when a tear fell down from her eyes.

"I love you too." she whispered on his chest hugging him back.

"It's getting late, lets head back to the tent and lets sleep." without pulling out from the hug they walked back to their tent, their position is quiet uncomfortable but it's filled of love.

They are now settled on their tent, they are cuddling to fight the coldness of the night. Listening to the comforting music of the waves. The two has finally fallen asleep.

It was the ringtone of Chanyeol's phone who wake them up. Baekhyun whined to protest. It's too early to wake up. Chanyeol grab his phone and answered it.

"Thanks for waking us up in this ungodly hour, what is it hyung?"

"I’m just calling to let you know mom is going to be home before sunrise if she looks for you I'll tell her you're out of town. No need to rush. Take your time there."

"Thanks hyung." Yeol took a picture of a sleeping Baekhyun before turned off his phone and throw it behind him. He kissed Baekhyun in the lips before going back to sleep.

 

 

Baekhyun looked too happy and all smiles in the car ride. She's cheerful and playful like her normal self. She took stolen pictures of Chanyeol because he found him hot while driving. She wanted to be happy while she's with him because after few hours she's going to be stuck at her home with her parents.

Chanyeol dropped her off, she invited him in so she can introduce him to her mom.

"Hi! So you are our Baekhyun's Yeol!" he shake the boys hand and gave him a tight hug.

Baekhyun left him with his mother in the living room and make her way to the kitchen to make snacks for them.

"It's my pleasure to meet you Mrs. Byun. Baekhyun talks about you most of the time." He gave her the best smile he can give.

Suddenly his phone rings, it is his Junmyeon.

"I’m sorry Mrs. Byun but I really need to take this call."

She nods with a smile.

"Hey bro, where are you? Mom is going to be home late, can you please pick her up from work. I’m at the library right now & I don’t have my car." It’s Junmyeon.

"Ok I will." He hung up and bid his formal goodbye to Baekhyun's mom. He left the house and excitedly left to pick her mom.

Chanyeol has a very nice family. His parents were both manager in different big companies. He knew how business works so he is planning to take business management in college. He introduced Baekhyun to his family the first week they started dating.