Chapter 5

Innocent Hearts

Chanyeol is confused, he is in great shock. That man, he hasn’t met him personally but he saw him already. In the picture frame, at Baekhyun's house. He cried so hard, face buried in the steering wheel when he realized that Baekhyun's father's mistress is his mom. He doesn’t know how to accept this. The reason of Baekhyun's pain is his mother. He can’t show her his face anymore. There, he cried and cried and cried. He can’t forgive his mom, how can he face her now. He drives his way out of the parking lot. Devastated he went to the nearest food stall and ordered soju. He drank until he got really drunk. It was late. It's almost 1 in the morning and he's still not home.

Baekhyun received a call from a worried Junmyeon asking her about Chanyeol. She's clueless about Chanyeol's whereabout. Junmyeon picked her up, she sneaked out to help Junmyeon look for him. They went out the car and looked everywhere for Chanyeol. She's in the park when she saw a tall figure of a man in a swing. She's positive it's him. She notifies Junmyeon where they are. She runs to the man.

She kneeled in front of her boyfriend. There, a drunken Chanyeol is sleeping in the swing. She gently taps his shoulder to wake him up. He opened his eyes and saw his girlfriend's worried look. He came down to her and hugged her real tight.

"My princess is here! She looked for me, she loves me so much..." Chanyeol looks too happy as he shouts his happiness. He cupped Baekhyun's face and smile. "How much do you love me princess? Because I love you more than I love my life. I don’t want to live seeing you in pain. So I will take all those pain away from you and forever, I will bear it." He smiled at her and gave her a kiss. Baekhyun pulled out.

Junmyeon found them and was listening, he didn’t left just in case.

"Okay why did you get drunk? Let’s take you home baby." Lifting Chanyeol from the ground her mind is clouded by confusion. But she didn’t think about it that much. Chanyeol is her priority right now.

Junmyeon helped her to carry Yeol as she saw her struggling. Junmyeon carefully placed him in the backseat. Baekhyun followed, he cupped Yeol's head and placed it gently on her shoulder.

"I'll take you home first. Let’s not make your mom worried. I'll take care of him. Just come by early tomorrow so you can talk."

Baekhyun kissed her boyfriend in the forehead. "Please take care of him oppa, I'll come by tomorrow morning." She gave him a sad smile before he get off the car.

"Don’t worry and take a rest B." Junmyeon tap her shoulder before he enters his car.

It is almost dawn and Baekhyun is still wide awake, she can’t sleep thinking about what happened. Why did Chanyeol get drunk? It seems like nothing happened at his home. It is not her either. No matter how hard she thinks about it she'll never get the exact reason why, unless he explains it himself. She can finally feel the protests of her eyes now. The first thing she's going to do when she wakes up is ask Chanyeol why. She checks her phone, it's 5:05 in the morning now and she closed her eyes, sleep has finally consumed her.

Chanyeol woke up with a headache. His head hurts he wishes he'd rather die. He sat down in his bed and rest his head on the head rest, trying to remember what happened last night. He remembered, she caught his mother kissing a man who turned out to be his girlfriend's father. After remembering that he went to drink everything is a blur. He can feel thousands of knives stabbing his heart. He'd rather spend his eternity suffering from a hangover rather than the truth that his mother is the reason why Baekhyun is hurting. There he cried again. He cried in his pillow so no one can hear him.

Junmyeon barged in and saw his situation. He is worried but he went down to make him hangover tea and a glass of cold water. He came back with both hands occupied with drinks.

"Hey Yeol, what's the matter?" He placed the water in his bedside table and hand him the water.

Chanyeol did not answer him, instead he grab his brother and cried on his shoulder. He know he looked childish and probably his brother's going to make fun of him because of this, but he doesn’t care, he is hurt and he does not know what to do anymore. He is lost between his love for his mother and his love for her girlfriend.

Junmyeon sighed and let Chanyeol cry. They stay in that position for a long time. As Chanyeol stopped crying he left his brother's shoulder and lied down in a fetus position. His brother wrapped him in his blanket.

"You know I’m just here if you're ready to talk."

"Hyung if Baek will come and look for me please tell her I’m not here and you don’t know where I am."

Junmyeon let out a heavy and long sigh before he tap the younger’s back and left the room.

Chanyeol is too embarrassed to show her his face.

 

 

Baekhyun panicked when she saw that it's already 2 in the afternoon. She brushed her teeth and dashed out of the house. He knocks on the Park’s house but no one replied. She sat in the doorstep waiting for someone to come. She waited for hours and still no sign of anybody. She grabs her phone trying to call Chanyeol but the guy's phone is turned off. She dialed Junmyeon's number.

"Hey B!"

"Oppa, where are you? I’m at your house and I can’t contact Yeol."

"I’m at Incheon right now with Yixing, We had a wedding to attend to so we won’t be home till tomorrow night, and I can’t contact Yeol either."

"I see. Thank you oppa." She hung up and decided to come back tomorrow

Yeol watched her leave with a heavy heart. He imagined how sad she is. He cried again.

"I’m going to fix this. I should break them apart." He made a decision now.

Two hours later, his mom arrived. She directly came to his room to check on him. She hasn’t seen him since she arrived from China. She saw him lying on his bed, and thought he was sleeping, she fixed his blanket and give him a goodnight kiss. "I love you son." She whispered to her. Before her mother can leave the room, he needs to do something.

"Break up with him then." He glared at her mother with the fiercest look he can give

His mom is surprised. Frozen, her jaw dropped.

"If you love me leave him, you don’t know how many lives you're ruining because of your greed, is dad not enough? Are you happy that you're cheating on him? Do you even know that he is Baekhyun's father? You know how much I love Baekhyun, how do you think I’m supposed to face her now??"

"I’m sorry son, I love him and I won’t leave him and don’t worry you are still young." Her mother left the room.

"YOU TWO ARE MONSTERS!" Chanyeol slammed the door as he shouted at his mother. He can’t believe what he had just heard from her mother's filthy mouth. There Chanyeol throws and breaks everything he can see. His room is a mess. He is a mess.

Junmyeon entered the room. He witnessed everything. He now knows the truth behind Chanyeol’s personality switch. Just like his brother he is mad, devastated and sad. After what he had heard he came to his mother and begged her to break it off but his mother won’t listen to him. Instead, he asked her to divorce her father which she agreed without having a second thought.

"I heard everything Yeol, I talked to her but she wouldn't change her mind so I asked her to file a divorce instead." He wanted to cry but he need to be strong for his brother's whose been suffering more than anyone else. "I think you should tell everything to Baekhyun too before everything gets worst, follow me in my room. Don’t sleep here."

Silently both of them headed to Junmyeon's room. They tried to sleep but they failed.

1 week has passed and Baekhyun hasn’t heard anything from Chanyeol yet. She is angry at him. Her relationship with her father got worst. She distanced herself away from him as long as she can and Chanyeol is doing the same thing to her. Pain is blinding her. She needs to do something.

"So what's your plan?" She raised her eyebrows to her father. "I think divorce is better. I'll confess everything to her. You can lie to her but not me. I'll ask her to divorce you."

"You don’t know anything, I love your mom too."

"Love?" She smirks to insult him. "It's not love you feel for her, It's pity. How do you say you love her when you are ing a behind her back?"

A strong slap landed on her face as she falls to the floor. Her father slapped her. She did not cry. She stands up and faces him. "You are disgusting, look at yourself, you're not even sorry." She runaway from her house. She runs. She did not stop until her feet stopped her in a very familiar place.

She went in and run to Chanyeol's room. There he is, at his bed with eyes closed and with headphones on his ear. He's listening with a really loud volume. He opened his eyes and surprised to see her, she is still in her pajamas, panting, trying to catch her breath as sweat is dripping from her face and her right cheek is completely swollen.

She smiled at him and run into his arms, shocked by her he accidentally pushed her and he landed on the ground, for the second time today she was hurt, first by the person he hate the most now by the man he love the most. Before Chanyeol can help her she dashed out from his room. He ran after her and he got frozen by what he saw, a shocked and hurt Baekhyun saw Yeol’s mother and her father kissing in the front porch. 3 sets of shocked eyes were fixed on her. She turned around and saw Chanyeol, he didn’t react. No one reacted. They were all frozen. Then she smiled bitterly as she finally realized.

"You knew all along so you chose to leave me."

Baekhyun fell on the floor as she lost consciousness.

 

 

Her mom is smiling with tears rolling down her cheeks as she open her eyes.

"What happened?"

"Your father brought you to the hospital when he found you passed out on your room. The doctor said you passed out due to exhaustion."

"So at the end he still lies." She thought, angrily she stared at him.

"Are you okay now honey? Are you still feeling sick?" Her mother tucked her back in her bed.

"I’m fine mom. I’m going back to sleep." She forces a smile.

Her mother went home with her father. She convinced her that she'll be fine alone. But she wanted to be alone and think. She was staring blankly at the window. She got drowned in her thoughts that she didn’t even realize Junmyeon is there.

"Knock knock." Junmyeon smiled when he finally catches her attention. "How are you feeling B?"

"I'd rather die oppa.." She's tired of crying so she keeps on pinching her arms to divert her emotions. "Did you know all along?" She asked the older.

"I knew a week before you did."

"And Yeol?"

"He caught them that night he got drunk.... look B, Yeol is as devastated as you are, he tried to fix it and stopped them, he begged her but she choose your father. She's hard headed. Chanyeol felt guilty towards you."

"If he is then why are you the one here oppa?" She started crying as she felt that the universe turns its back against her. She understands how he felt right now but it’s hard on her too. She's angry. He could have come to her and face the hardship together but he did not.

"I came to say sorry B, and to give you this."

He handed her a letter from Yeol. He gave her a long warm hug to comfort her before saying goodbye. Her eyes fixed at the letter in her hand. She's having a second thought if she should read it or not. He put it under her pillow, closed her eyes and sleep.

A nurse came into her room to check how she's feeling. She checked the IV and left. It's 1AM and she can’t sleep now. She remembered the letter. She opened it.

She lost count how many times she had cried this day. She folds the letter and she knows it's time to decide.