Chapter 3

Innocent Hearts

Awkwardness and deafening silence fills the car as the lovers drive their way to the park. Chanyeol's angry at himself. He cannot forgive himself for what he had done. Baekhyun is worried, she wanted to talk to him but he isn't in the mood. But she will try.

"What's the problem?"

"Nothing, I’m driving." He answered with coldness.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay fine, I won’t bother you anymore." Annoyed, Baekhyun crossed her arms together and divert her attention to whatever she sees outside the car window.

"Stop acting up, you're not a baby anymore."

Baekhyun ignored him.

"What's your problem?" Chanyeol asked angrily without realizing he just raised his voice on her.

"Hey, what’s wrong with you?"

"You've been ignoring me!" Once again Chanyeol raised his voice. He can’t control it. He's mad.

"I asked you what the hell is your problem you said nothing and now you're asking me why I’m ignoring you?" There again, her tears is started to swell up on her eyes.

"Why are you being such a ?" Nope, Chanyeol tried to hold back but he's mad now and he can’t even stop his mouth.

"? AND NOW IM BEING A ?" Baekhyun was surprised to hear Chanyeol calling her a . Of all the people she know, It is from Chanyeol she least expect it to hear from. She is devastated and hurt. She needs to get out from the car. The tears she's been holding up came down rushing her cheeks. "Pull out the car I’m getting out! Stay away from me! I don’t want to see you!" Baekhyun cried out, she's a mess, she hid her face inside her palms and cry real hard shouting at Chanyeol to stop the car.

Seeing her cry, Chanyeol wanted to punch himself to get his act together, there, the love of his life, his treasure, his everything is crying infront of him and mostly, he causes her pain. It is his fault that she's in pain. He felt like he's being stabbed in the heart, it hurt him seeing her like this. He pulls out the car and hugs his girlfriend.

"Baby, I’m sorry okay, I’m sorry. Please stop crying now. It's my fault, your boyfriend is an idiot. It's just I’m mad at myself about what happened back in your house. I’m really sorry, I love you. I won’t hurt you anymore." He's hugging her, he cupped her face and looked into her eyes.

"Back there, I felt like I you, the first time I saw you I’ve promised that I would never hurt you, that I’ll be gentle to you. I’m so mad for what I have done, I got mad at myself and didn’t realize that I’m hurting you, I’m sorry for calling you a . I’m sorry baby." Yeol started kissing her forehead.

Baekhyun knew that he was sorry. And she has already forgiven him.

"I won’t do it again baby I promise!"

"What is?"

"The r-rough and calling you ."

"I hated it when you called me a but I loved the rough so it’s up to you if you don’t want to do it anymore."

Silence filled the car again as Chanyeol started the car engine to keep moving. Yixing's waiting and they have plans that needed to be done. Baekhyun fixed her hair and her face.

"You liked it?"

Baekhyun blushed as she nods her head.

"Where did you learn it all BTW?"

"We are here, now let’s look for Yixing noona!"

"Hey answer me!"

Chanyeol grabbed her girlfriend’s hands and kissed them. "I want you to know that it's only you. It is always you. I love you and nothing's going to change how I feel for you. Without you, Im just nothing." He gave her a tight and warm hug before they leave the car.

Yixing is sitting at a bench near the children's playground. Like Baekhyun, Yixing never really wear skirts and dresses, she's always on jeans. But today she wanted to dress up, so she wears a pink sleeveless dress and a white plain doll shoes. She's smiling purely as she watches the kids enjoy their youth. When an ice cream appeared in front of her, "Hey how did you know my favorite flavor? Because of this I’m ready to forgive you for being late.." she lifted her face up to see Baekhyun's face. But it's someone she doesn’t expect to be there.

"Can I sit?" Junmyeon asks.

She nods.

"Are you meeting someone? Your blind date? That is why you wore a dress?" There's a little bit of sadness in his voice, he know she dress up for the guy she's going to meet. She never dresses up for him like that. He somehow felt jealous.

"I’m meeting Baekhyun but I think she's running late." She answered while munching on the ice cream the guy gave her.

Junmyeon smiled in relief.

"Why did you left?" Finally Junmyeon asked her the question he's been dying to ask her.

"Oh... because you're lying on your bed and I don’t want to sleep on the floor so I think my bed is better." It's an excuse, a lie. Yixing doesn’t usually lie but she's doing great at it right now. She wanted to give herself a pat of victory.

"But you could have just slept beside me, you left while it's dark. It’s dangerous, what if something happened to you?"

"Hey mister I’m still a lady, how can I sleep beside you? And don’t worry here I am in a flesh, safe and sound."

"But we're good right?"

"Ofcourse we are!" Yixing smiled, but she's dying in the inside, She wanted to slap him and ask him to stop being nice to her. But she can’t. Some things are better left unsaid.

"Okay good so let’s go." Junmyeon grabbed Yixing's hand, slowly sliding his hands to intertwine it with her. Yixing wanted to let go, but she like it so she let him hold her hands and she held unto it tighter.. She doesn’t have any idea when did she felt it but all she know is that she like him. As a man.

"Where are we going?..." suddenly Yixing's phone rang, Junmyeon answered it. "Hello lady, I’m with Yixing right now, is it okay if I can steal her? I’m just going to call Yeol and ask him to play with you."

"Oppa? Is this you? I’m here at the park with Yeol, we are looking for Yixing noona, where are you?"

"We are leaving now, you two can just have a date." Junmyeon smiled and hung up the call continue walking and dragging Yixing somewhere.

Junmyeon entered the nearest food stall, ordered tteokboki, ssundae, cold noodles and soju. Yixing is excited for the foods, it's her favorite but she's a little bit confused.

"Junnie, why are we drinking?"

"Mina and I broke up." He answered plainly

Yixing should be happy about the news, but it's Junmyeon, he is sad and it worries her. She opened a soju bottle and pour him a drink, he drink it one shot.

"Y-you must have been very devastated Junnie, I’m sorry. I hope I can make you feel better."

One bottle of Soju became two, three, four. The two talked nonsense, they talk about everything they had experienced and encountered together, they started reminiscing every funny and best memory they shared together. Laughter and happiness filled the table. They are on their fifth bottle when Junmyeon and Yixing got drunk. Yixing called Baekhyun to get them. Junmyeon's face were now resting on the table, he's asleep. While Yixing sit beside him to wake him up.

"Hey idiot wake up, let’s go home." She punched him real hard so he can wake up.

"What?" Junmyeon whined like a baby

"I said lets go home." Junmyeon lift his head and rest it on Yixing's neck. He usually does this when he's drunk so the other was not surprised for it.

"Will you sleep with me tonight Yixing? I don’t want to sleep alone." Junmyeon uttered those words. Yixing is sad, she's not the one he needed tonight. It might be Mina.

"You need Mina. Not me. Don’t make me a rebound Junmyeon." Yixing said angrily as tears started falling from her eyes

Junmyeon was startled. He doesn’t understand her. He sits properly to talk to her.

"Rebound? What rebound? What are you talking about?"

Yixing is crying now. Junmyeon gave her a confused look. Failed to hear an explanation from the other he explained himself instead.

"If you think I’m coming to you right now because I feel lonely after the break up then you are wrong. I broke up with Mina because it's not working anymore, my love for her changed. I can’t even feel anything for her now. It is you I wanted to be with right now. You don’t even have to do anything as long as I can see you I am happy. It is you, my happiness."

Yixing stopped crying and is trying to fit together everything Junmyeon had said. Junmyeon took off his jacket and put it on her. She smiled signaling him that she's all better.

"Why did you cry I’ve never seen you cry because you're mad at me. You can’t tolerate your bestfriend now?"

"Yeah stupid."

"Yeah I’m stupid and too slow. I’m sorry." Junmyeon fixed her hair and wipe away her tears before he kissed her on the lips. Yixing closed her eyes but did not respond, he want to feel the other's lips. It is warm, his lips is warm, yet soft. She likes it.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol saw everything what happened Smiling and happy for what they had witnessed. Their plan for the two failed but the outcome is much better than what they had expected.

"You two are really brothers." Baekhyun said teasing her boyfriend.

The two broke out from the kiss, Chanyeol saw this as a chance to intrude.

"Hyung, noona here you are. Let’s go home!" Chanyeol acted like he knows nothing. Baekhyun smiled, she's proud of him. Chanyeol is an actor.

Junmyeon opened the backseat door for Yixing and entered after she's settled down. Yixing's still blushing at what happened. Junmyeon rested on her shoulder and sleep. She laid her head to the other to rest.

"Aww. They really look cute together!" Baekhyun cheered like a fangirl "And the ex girlfriend, i don’t like her as soon as I saw her."

"I think we are cuter than they are." Chanyeol reached for her cheeks to pinch it.

"Ouch it hurts!" Baekhyun whined

"Hahaha you look cute princess. I love you."

"I love you too!" Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a peck on the cheeks.

It's 11:23 when they reach home. Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered first and went directly to the bedrooom to rest. Following them Junmyeon carrying Yixing into his bed.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are ready to sleep, lights off, sharing a blanket. They are cuddling like any normal lovers do. Yeol is tempted to touch her again but he don’t want to hurt her anymore. He gulps his saliva and turn to her.

"Your parents are going to be home tomorrow right?"

Baekhyun didn’t answered.

"Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow with me instead?"

Baekhyun nod her head.

"Sea, I want to go to the sea. Let's bring noona." Baekhyun said excitedly.

"No princess, tomorrow is just you and me." Chanyeol hugged her tighter and gave her a peck

"Okay!"

As she did not received any reply from the other she assured that he is already sleeping. He's tired she knows it. She hugged him tighter as she can and whispered words of love before dozing off to dreamland.

Meanwhile in the other room.

Junmyeon carefully placed Yixing on his bed. He went to shower to sober himself up and slowly slide his way inside the blanket. Yixing will kill him if she wakes up tomorrow for sure. He's tired and sleepy but he can’t sleep. Yixing is beside her, sleeping like an angel. They were bestfriend as long as he can remember but they never sleep like this together. He adored her, she's a beauty. He smiled when he saw her deep dimples, he touched it. Yixing opened her eyes.

"Hey, sleep." He whispered petting her hair

"What are you doing?" She asked sleepily.

"I didn’t know you're this beautiful."

"Whatever!" She whined and closes her eyes. She's drunk and she wanted to sleep it off “Go to sleep and let’s talk tomorrow." She caressed his hair until he had fallen asleep.