This Hyung~

My Crush was Two-Sided After All

 

Youngjae started feeling insecure and called the one person he knew could get him to understand.

 

“Hello? Youngjae-ah? Did something happen?” the voice asked concerned and just hearing his voice made his heart feel a bit more at ease.

 

“Uh, Jinyoung hyung…can we talk please?” he asked gently and he heard the other get up from wherever he was sitting.

 

“Yah Park Jinyoung where are you going?” he heard Jackson scream and with no answer from Jinyoung which meant he just ignored him and walked away till the voices in the background disappeared into nothing.

 

Youngjae was happy he had such a hyung that prized him over anything to just leave a social setting for him.

 

“I’m here. Do you want me to come over so we can talk? I can also help you with your paper if that’s what this about” Jinyoung asked concerned now that he was alone. Youngjae could imagine him running his hand through his hair in worry.

 

Youngjae smiled at his hyung’s willingness to come to him like he always did when he needed someone. But tonight, he thinks he couldn’t face anyone after having his first kiss and especially since it was with his crush.

 

“Yah, Youngjae-ah? Are you still there? What’s wrong my baby?” Jinyoung asked motherly.

 

“I’m here hyung.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“Well…..um…..something…”

 

“And what is that something Youngjae?” Jinyoung pressed.

 

“Well….Jaebum and I….”

 

“Yes?” he asked patiently.

 

“We held hands….”

 

“Wow! That’s great Youngjae-ah. That means he could like you too!” Jinyoung said excitingly.

 

Those words threw back the hope in Youngjae’s heart. If Jinyoung thinks that from just hearing that then what will he say when I say the rest.

 

“That…That’s not all hyung…” he said tentatively biting his lip.

 

“Something else happened? Did the bastard do something to hurt you? Are you calling me so I can beat him up? Because I will.” Jinyoung went off on a tangent causing Youngjae to chuckle.

 

“No, no hyung. Nothing like that its just….” Youngjae trailed off

 

“Does that mean something else good happened?” Jinyoung asked a bit too excited but he knew his hyung was just happy for him.

 

“Well….we also kissed…..”

 

“WOAHHHHH!!!”

 

Youngjae had to pull the phone away from his ear. “Youngjae-ah I’m coming over right now. You better let me in when I come.” Jinyoung said and Youngjae could hear his footsteps as he jogged back to wherever he was before.

 

“What hyung? Why?”

 

“I know you too well. This is big and I KNOW you are panicking and not knowing what to do next. This was your first kiss right? I don’t remember you telling me about another. Well anyways this one is monumental. Don’t worry, hyung will be there soon.”

 

“Hyung…” he said grateful he had someone in his life that understood him so well even if he was being a bit extra.

 

“Gosh, we need to talk so much.” He said as the other voices came back in the background.

 

“Jinyoung hyung you’re leaving already?” “Yea.” (Youngjae smiled at Jinyoung’s short urgent responses) “Who are you running to see?” “None of your business Jackson.” “Jinyoungie…” Youngjae listened and it seemed like Jinyoung was still with his friends from earlier since he heard Bambam’s Jackson’s and then finally Mark’s voice.

 

Jinyoung paused and took a breath before saying back into the receptor.

 

“I’ll call you when I get there ok? I’m hanging up.” Jinyoung said to him and Youngjae barely hummed a “Mmn hyung.” Before Jinyoung hung up.

 

 

He knew he had 10 minutes tops to himself before Jinyoung ran here from the others’ dorm.

 

He walked around and picked up some clothes here and there to keep his mind off the matter then he lied there on his bed, a bit calmer after hearing his hyung’s voice, but now that it was back to being silent and all he had to do was wait, his mind shifted back to the kiss, and the hand holding, and the dinner and he wondered how it escalated so far so fast.

 

Does Jaebum really like him?

 

When could this possibly happen since the first time they talked was at the party and then truly got to know each other better just tonight at dinner.

 

Was he just attracted to him and didn’t like him back the way he liked him as well?

 

Even though my liking him is borderline love obsession.

 

Though Youngjae’s heart still deflated a bit at this.

 

What made him tempted to kiss him? Does that also mean that on the night that he was drunk he was tempted to kiss him then too?

 

His heart raced again and he couldn’t help the dumb grin that was on his face.

 

It was just then his phone rang scaring him off his bed.

 

Holding his chest while trying to take a breath, he glanced at his screen. When he saw it was Jinyoung and he smiled smally to himself. He would have to commend Jinyoung on this new record of 6 minutes of what is meant to be a 15 minute trip. His hyung should really join the track team, Youngjae thought smiling.

 

He went downstairs to pick up his breathless hyung which greeted him with a sweaty flushed face, windswept hair, a dumb smile and a large hug.

 

Jinyoung waited till they got back to Youngjae’s room and sat as per usual on Youngjae’s bed and waited for the younger who was still standing by the door staring at the wall to talk.

 

“So hyung….” Youngjae started after a long moment of silence.

 

Jinyoung hummed in response not wanting to push the other even though he really wanted the details and took the time to regain his breath.

 

“I wa-….Wait, hyung, what do you think of Jaebum hyung?” Youngjae suddenly asked finally making eye contact with Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung patted the space on the bed next to him and waited for Youngjae to sit down next to him before actually thinking about a response. What did he think of Jaebum…

 

“Well, he seems like a pretty cool guy though he’s obviously very dorky and easy to tease.” Jinyoung started lightly and smiled smally at Youngjae who could only grin in response.

 

“But if you mean as in what do I think about him for you, I’m not certain Youngjae-ah.” Jinyoung said seriously causing Youngjae’s expression to drop a bit.

 

“I don’t mean to sound mean, but I didn’t hear good things about his previous relationships, if I could even call them that.” Jinyoung said furrowing his brows.

 

“What do you mean hyung?” Youngjae asked, not sure what his hyung knew.

 

“Well, long ago Mar-…uhh, someone I knew who’s close to Jaebum told me that Jaebum didn’t believe in love but instead just found people who fascinated him for a time being, then dumped them after.”

 

Youngjae frowned at this. Did Jaebum really just find him fascinating? And that was all to it?

 

Jinyoung seeing the disappointed face on Youngjae felt guilty. “Well I mean I heard this news when we were freshmen, who knows he could have changed over time?”

 

“Do you really think so hyung? Did you ever talk to him before tonight?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Uh, we had a class together spring freshman year, but since I look different I don’t think he recognizes me.” Jinyoung said chuckling to himself thinking back to how Jaebum called him pretty boy and when they made eye contact at dinner there was no recognition in his eyes.

 

Youngjae’s eyes widened comically.

 

“Let’s just say I looked a lot more nerdy than I do now, but we were friends for a bit, well I thought so. Long story short, he said something and it hurt my feelings and we aren’t friends anymore.” Jinyoung finished with a bitter smile.

 

Youngjae easily put the pieces together but he still wanted to ask, “Did Jaebum also say he liked you back then?”

 

Jinyoung just smiled and ruffled Youngjae’s hair, “Aye, the past isn’t important here. What’s important is you my precious dongsaeng.”

 

Youngjae made a face at Jinyoung but it seemed like he was not going to answer his question so he dropped the subject.

 

“So are you going to tell me what happened, I didn’t run over here to be interrogated.” Teased Jinyoung

 

Youngjae smiled shyly and then recounted all of what happened till he ran to his room freaking out, also having to spill about the night of the party since that played into the story, though it felt like confessing to your parents that you snuck out.

 

Jinyoung got excited and held both of Youngjae’s hands. “I’m not pleased they took you out like that and were irresponsible for you and why you only chose to tell me this know is a mystery” he muttered and flipped his bangs out of his face puffing air “but wow, I feel nervous and excited for you!”

 

“So hyung, what do you think I should do? Do you think he’s changed? Am I only being played with? Is it okay for me to think he likes me back?” Youngjae spieled.

 

“Well, it’s too early to say for sure you know, but I think that he really cares for you. Since he took you back home and since he didn’t take advantage of you. I think these may be more feelings than just attraction. I’m not sure if he changed but we can wait it out and see if he has. Just don’t give in to him so easily ok my baby?”

 

“Of course, hyung, I’m not an easy man!”

 

“I know that, but you have liked him for a long time. Give him time to also fall for you too. Past just liking. Past just attraction. Wait for him to adore you and give you the love you deserve.” Jinyoung said caressing Youngjae’s cheek.

 

“Awe hyung…. what did I do to deserve you?” Youngjae asked teasingly.

 

“You just were your fluffy sunshine self~” Jinyoung said while pinching Youngjae’s cheeks who immediately pried his hyung’s fingers off.

 

After staring goofily smiling at each other, Jinyoung broke the silence.

 

“So are you good now?”

 

“Yea, talking to you always helps.”

 

“Ew, so cringeworthy” Jinyoung shuddered and Youngjae hit him laughing.

 

Jinyoung pulled Youngjae into a calming hug. “You can always come to me for anything ok?”

 

“I know hyung.”

 

“Including this essay you have to write in 2 hours.”

 

“Wait what?” Youngjae asked and pulled away.

 

Jinyoung just pointed to the clock that showed 9:59pm.

 

“OMG, WHERE DID THE TIME GO???!” Youngjae exclaimed while flying off Jinyoung and his bed to his desk and starting up his computer and dragging notes out of his bag.

 

Jinyoung chuckled. “This is why boys and school don’t go together~”

 

Youngjae stopped panicking to glare at Jinyoung who just shrugged. “What class is this for anyways?”

 

“Historical Theatrical Acts. I have to write an essay on Julius Caesar and the theatrics of his death.” Youngjae sighed exasperated and ran both hands through his hair. “All I have are a bunch of unorganized notes.”

 

“Well it’s good you have me then.” Jinyoung said while walking over to his desk and browsing some of his notes.

 

“And why is that hyung?” Youngjae asked because of the creepy smile on Jinyoung’s face.

 

“It just so happens I made a great Roman general back in my day.” Jinyoung said practically purring in delight.

 

“What?”

 

“I played the part in the play. I can help you write about the theatrics of my own death” Jinyoung sing-songed.

 

“You never fail to amaze me hyung.” Youngjae commented.

 

“Right!” Jinyoung exclaimed. “Well, the paper won’t start itself!”

 

It was way after 2am before Jinyoung left Youngjae’s dorm. They had finished a actually lengthy in depth essay on time and then later just chatted about Jinyoung’s acting past. Even though he spent the night just talking to Jinyoung, it helped because it erased most of the insecurities he had about Jaebum and left him with just hope.

 

Waving to Jinyoung as the elevator door closed, he felt content, happy and with no worries.

 

Especially since as the elevator door closed Jinyoung disclosed “By the way, I texted Mark while you were working on your essay. He said Jaebum likes you too. Good night!” and with that the door closed leaving Youngjae flustered and confused. That damn hyung… he thought to himself with a smile as he walked back to his room.

He lied in his bed trying to fall asleep but nerves were keeping him awake.

If Mark hyung who was close to Jaebum confirmed it then it must be true that he liked him.

Even Jinyoung hyung himself said that he seemed genuine this time.

Youngjae tossed in his bed.

But the back story of how Jaebum used to be still bothers him.

Maybe he could ask Mark hyung himself about this in the morning. They were all friends now. Friends could ask about other friends’ dating past.

That also brought to Youngjae’s mind: Just what in the world happened between Jinyoung hyung and Mark hyung? Jinyoung dropped so many hints on accident tonight and also that happened at the dinner and after just left him confused. They had a past that made Jinyoung know Mark’s Chinese name and also for Mark to call Jinyoung by ‘Nyeongie’.

 

Youngjae dozed off with conspiracy theories about those two distracting him from his own confusing love life.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haha I might wrap this up a bit sooner than I planned. Thanks for reading :)) Such mom Jinyoung feels