I'll Take You Home

My Crush was Two-Sided After All

 

After a couple minutes of talks of the party, they were finally able to settle into a normal conversation that made all the weird statements and confessions from earlier seem to never happen.

 

Strangely enough, their mix of personalities clashed well with each other and they found out each had things in common with each other even Jaebum and Jinyoung who barely just stopped glaring at each other.

 

Soon though, the dining hall was closing so they exchanged phone numbers and added each other on Facebook and made a group chat called “Haunted by Friendship” courtesy of Jackson.

 

When they all got outside to bid each other goodbye, they started asking each other what dorm each person lived in.

 

“Well Bam and I live in the International Living Dorm.” Jackson first said causing Mark’s eyes to widen.

 

“Really? I just moved there this semester.” Mark exclaimed hi-fiving the other foreigners.

 

“AmeriThaiKong in the building~” Bambam said in his cute accented English gaining laugher from the others.

 

“Gyeum-ah, do you also live in a dorm?” Bambam asked him, hoping that it would be close to his.

 

“Oh, ah, no. Sorry, I moved into an apartment this semester.” Yugyeum responded a bit shyly.

 

“Ooh, our baby is growing up.” Mark teased the youngest of the group. Which resulted in a slap on his back and Mark screaming out in pain.

 

Jinyoung rushed to absentmindedly rub Mark’s aching back and glared at the child. “Why do you hit your hyungs? Where is your respect?”

 

Yugyeum looked abashed and Bambam comforted him saying. “He’s just motherly, ignore him.”

 

“Jinyoung, you still live in your apartment from last year right?” Jackson asked to clear the air.

 

“Yea, so I guess I’ll be walking back with this giant ant here.” Jinyoung said with a sigh but everyone could see he didn’t really mean it.

 

“Uh…Jinyoung….my back is fine now…” Mark said blushing and Jinyoung after realizing he was just standing there with his hand resting comfortably on Mark’s back, stepped back quickly.

 

“S-sorry Yien…”

 

“Yien? Who’s Yien?” Jackson asked puzzled.

 

“Oh that’s my Chinese name” Mark quietly clarified while still looking at the flushing Jinyoung who looked like he wanted to run away.

 

“Oh my gawd. My Chinese name is Jiaer! Let’s only call each other that from now on ok? Let’s bond omg.” Jackson said overexcitedly grabbing Mark and making him pay attention to him instead.

 

Mark started pushing Jackson off while muttering to him in Chinese which just got the other more excited.

 

Jinyoung thought he got off safely till Yugyeum asked “Jinyoung hyung how did you know Mark hyung’s Chinese name?”

 

Youngjae also looked at his hyung curiously who seemed to finally decide to run away home.

 

“Hey, that’s a thing I can tell you while we walk to our apartments. How about we all go home huh? It’s getting pretty late. Haha.” Jinyoung said quickly and started pushing Yugyeum in the direction of the apartments on campus and excitedly waving at everyone goodbye.

 

Mark upon hearing that Jinyoung was leaving finally pushed away from Jackson and went to grab the other’s wrist.

 

“Do you want to come over instead Nyeongie?” he asked nervously biting his lip while staring at the younger.

 

Jinyoung was glancing at everyone then back at Mark and Mark finally realized what he did and instead let go of Jinyoung’s hand and rubbed the back of his head.

 

“I mean all of you can come over. We only just met and it’s a Friday. We can get to know each other more and stuff…” Mark tried to cover up.

 

Jaebum tried not to laugh at his friend but it was really hard with the expression he and his crush were making. Especially since it seems like the rest of them forgot he and Youngjae were still there since they stayed silent. This made it easier for him to stand closer to the younger and rest his chin on the younger’s shoulder with no one noticing. He was easily enjoying making Youngjae a blushing mess while watching the scene in front of him unfold.

 

“Yea, Gyeum! You could come and see my room. I can show you my dancer clothes fashion line I have been working on that I told you about.” Bambam also tried to beg Yugyeum to come.

 

“Uh.” Yugyeum’s only response was.

 

Bambam glanced at his hyung for help.

 

“Yea Yugyeum, I think you would really like it. Plus one of the three have a collection of Chris Brown CD’s” Jinyoung hinted remembering the younger said he liked that artist during the dinner.

 

“It’s not me!” Jackson said raising his hands as Yugyeum glanced hopefully to him.

 

“Also not me.” Bambam said a bit sadly.

 

“Guilty as charged. You can borrow them, I have some concert cds too.” Mark said shrugging at the youngest while glancing back to Jinyoung.

 

“I’ll only go if Jinyoung hyung comes along.” Yugyeum proclaimed

 

“Yah why drag me into this?” Jinyoung exclaimed.

 

“Hyung invited you first~” Yugyeum said pushing his tongue out at Jinyoung while sending a wink to Mark. The youngest could already sense something strange between them.

 

Jinyoung glanced at Mark, then back at Jackson and Bambam then realized he couldn’t hold his friend back from spending time with his crush, so he said yes causing the baby Thai to jump up and down in excitement. Mark tried to hid his excitement as well but Jaebum could see right through the small smile on the elder’s face.

 

Jackson was the first to notice that Jaebum and Youngjae were too comfortably standing off to the side not taking part in the conversation. He raised his eyebrows at the position they were in but said nothing about it.

 

“You guys are welcome to come too.” Jackson offered.

 

Youngjae glanced at the time (8:45pm) and winced and moved away from Jaebum since everyone’s eyes were now on them and he couldn’t fight how red his face was.

 

“S-sorry” he cleared his throat and started again “Sorry guys, I have a paper due at 11:59 that I haven’t really started. I’ll join next time though” he said flashing his bright sunshine smile at them.

 

The others wanted to frown at not being all together but they couldn’t with the way their lovable Youngjae was smiling.

 

“What about you Jaebum? Joining us?” Mark asked him as the only one closer to the other and also since he had an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“Uh…I also have something to work on back at my dorm.” Jaebum lied. He just wanted an excuse to walk home with Youngjae alone.

 

Mark seeing Jaebum’s glance towards Youngjae after his lie immediately caught on. “Ah too bad then. Next time.” He emphasized which Jaebum knew Mark wanted to know what happened the next time they saw each other.

 

“I’m relieved Mr. Pierced All Over isn’t joining us.” Jinyoung said teasingly to let out the tension he felt from the earlier conversation and raised his eyebrows at Jaebum who could feel a vein popping in his forehead.

 

Youngjae laid a hand on Jaebum’s shoulder and then gave a look to his hyung to stop the teasing who just responded with a shrug as if to say ‘it’s his own fault for being so fun to tease’.

 

“Well I guess this is where we all split then.” Bambam said already impatient to show Yugyeum his room and spend more time with him.

 

“Yea, I guess so.” Mark said with a glance at Jinyoung who was still keeping a bit of distance between them and was standing closer to Jackson.

 

“Let’s go then Youngjae” Jaebum said happily then grabbed Youngjae’s hand.

 

He was quickly stopped by Jinyoung who grabbed their intertwined hands.

 

“And where do you think you’re going with my child?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Hyung~….” Youngjae whined blushing that his hyung was acting like this in front of Jaebum.

 

“We live in the same dorm, stick up his pretty boy. Get lost.” Jaebum said shoving Jinyoung’s hand off them. Making Jinyoung shocked at the name, Youngjae blushing but still slightly upset his crush called Jinyoung pretty, and Mark was just appalled that he even saw his Jinyoung like that.

 

“I’ll take you home tonight.” Jaebum said as they left the others.

 

The others just looked on in amusement as Jaebum dragged Youngjae in the opposite direction of other 5 to their high rise dorm. Jaebum himself mentally beating himself for saying his first impression out loud of Jinyoung in front of Youngjae.

 

“Well that was an interesting exchange. Shall we all go?” Jackson said breaking the tension that was left in their wake.

 

The rest nodded and followed Jackson’s lead. Jinyoung and Mark close by his side while Yugyeum and Bambam fell behind to talk more.

 

 

 

Youngjae’s heart was racing as to this was the first time he was stuck in a situation like this and there was a weird atmosphere hanging over them as they started the 15 min walk to their dorm.

 

The silence was almost heavy as they were walking really close to each other and their fingers fell apart from being intertwined after they were out of eyesight of Jinyoung. Though they were still walking very close to each other and every time his shoulder brushed his he gasped.

 

This was too much for him. He could barely breath right since his lungs forgot how to breathe with the Im Jaebum next to him.

 

“Are you cold?” Jaebum’s voice finally cut through the silence to ask him almost shocking him.

 

“A bit. Mostly just my hands.” He answered honestly. Not recognizing the invite he just gave Jaebum.

 

Jaebum, however, automatically reached for Youngjae’s hand and held it then put it inside his jacket pocket making Youngjae blush. The softness of Youngjae’s hand made him question what it would feel like if he could touch him in other places him making him blush as well but for inappropriate reasons.

 

“You should wear a jacket or at least gloves. It’s becoming late autumn.” Jaebum chastises.

 

“Yes hyung.” Youngjae said while staring at the ground because he didn’t trust his heart to look at him.

 

“Sorry I can only warm one hand.” Jaebum said still only staring ahead of him.

 

“N-No. It’s fine really. Thank you for the warmth” Youngjae stuttered out then closed his eyes in pain. Who the hell says thank you for warmth….

 

Jaebum just smirked at how cute the other was and they walked the rest of the way to the dorm in silence holding hands and not really looking at each other but enjoying each other’s presence as their hearts raced.

 

Jaebum took their hands out of his pocket but kept them intertwined as he took out his ID to let them into the building. Youngjae was going to question it but before he did. Jaebum went to the elevator and pressed the button which Youngjae found weird since he lives on the first floor in the adjoining building.

 

When the elevator finally came they got in and Jaebum pressed the 10th floor button.

 

The doors closed slowly.

 

“Um Jaebum…” Youngjae started.

 

Jaebum looked at Youngjae, and seeing his pink cheeks went from letting go of his hands and holding his cheeks in his warm hands.

 

“You’re freezing…” Jaebum commented also not sure of what his body was doing but couldn’t stop it regardless.

 

Youngjae didn’t want to say he was red from blushing rather than the cold so he just stayed quiet with a shy smile on.

 

Youngjae couldn’t help the question of jealousy that flew from his mouth that he was holding in.

 

“Do you really think Jinyoung hyung is pretty?!”

 

Jaebum looked shocked then realize he brought this on himself. “Well he is attractive…” he dragged on but then made eye contact with the younger “but he doesn’t really compare to how attractive you are to me.” Jaebum said cheesily and added in his mind “Jinyoung is more Mark’s type.”

 

Youngjae blushed more and was going to say something but sneezed instead. Apologizing to Jaebum with a shy smile since his hands were still on his cheeks.

 

Jaebum then rested his forehead on Youngjae’s which almost made the younger boys heart explode with happiness.

 

“Take better care of yourself. You’re making me want to take care of you.” Jaebum confessed and his breath ghosted over Youngjae’s face making him blush even more and almost forgetting how to breathe.

 

“Jaebum hyung?”

 

“Yea?” he answered with his forehead still pressed against his.

 

“What was the tempting situation that Mark mentioned earlier?” he asked the question that had been bothering him since dinner.

 

Jaebum sighed knowing he couldn’t get away from it even if he tried since they were only on the 4th floor and the old elevator was moving painfully slow.

 

“Just something…” he muttered pulling away and looking into Youngjae’s eyes which made Youngjae’s heart constrict.

 

“Mmn?” Youngjae asked questioningly. Not knowing how much that small sound turned JB on since it sounded so close to a moan.

 

Jaebum finally just gave in to what his body wanted and leaned in to close the small space between them but before touching those delicate delectable lips muttered. “Just this.” And closed the small gap between them and kissed Youngjae.

 

God, he didn’t know kissing could feel like this. Jaebum had kissed many, many people before but none of them felt like this and he was barely kissing Youngjae. Youngjae on the other hand had only dreamed of this moment for so long and it was his first kiss. He felt like he wanted to combust right then and there.

 

When Jaebum started to move lovingly across his lips he responded a bit too eagerly and held his shirt in small fists. Jaebum then let out a small grunt into the kiss and was about to deepen it when the elevator dinged signaling they made it to the 10th floor and they both sprung apart from each other with Youngjae covering his lips.

 

“Um.” Jaebum started but Youngjae just stared doe eyed at him before running out of the elevator to his room leaving Jaebum in the elevator.

 

“What the hell did I just do...” he questioned himself as he pressed the button to go back to the first floor and leaned his head against the wall of the elevator.

 

 

Youngjae on the other hand ran to his room and tossed himself in his pillow trying to figure out what the hell just happened to him.

 

He just held hands with Jaebum.

 

He just kissed Jaebum

 

HE JUST KISSED IM JAEBUM

 

WHAT THE HELL IS MY LIFE?!

 

Youngjae fanboyed rolling around on his bed smiling like an idiot hugging his pillow.

 

But stopped when he finally realized. Wait what does this mean? What does this change?

 

He put his fingers on his lips still feeling Jaebum’s warm ones on his.

 

Does this mean that Jaebum also likes him back?

 

 

 

Youngjae started feeling insecure and called the one person he knew could get him to understand.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW, that escalated. Lol sorry I didn't update earlier. I'm prepping for a competition. :) but here is another chapter, is it okay? haha :*