Fixated

My Crush was Two-Sided After All

Youngjae POV Present (Sophomore Year)

 

 

I wouldn’t want to say that I was a creep but at this point, I think I am and my friends also agree that I have been creeping for too long on my crush.

 

But it’s not creepy to have a crush on someone who barely knows you exist or who probably does because he sees you around campus. But that is only because you know some parts of his schedule and try to find him at those times. Also because he turned out to be an RA for the dorm you’re living in.

 

I sighed at how whipped I am.

 

At the moment, I am sitting in the library that he works at the front desk on from 1pm-4pm waiting for him to show up. My last class ended at 12:15 but ever since I found out he worked there (from my great friend Jackson who studies there), I go from class to the café in front of the front desk so that I can stare and do homework.

 

Well who am I kidding?

 

I am just staring at him being concentrated on checking books in and his pretty smile he flashes at customers.

 

An alarm went off reminding me I had a class in 20 minutes. It takes 15 minutes to get there but here I am still sitting staring at him.

 

Once he almost caught me staring and I almost fell of my chair trying to duck out of sight.

 

It just was not going well to avoid him this much and stalk him at the same time.

 

I zoned out again staring at him focusing on his computer, probably on Facebook because it says he’s online, until my friend texted me asking my location.

 

I sighed and packed up my laptop and books and homework that had laid untouched on the table back in my bag and headed out to meet my friend to go to class together.

 

I put in headphones to pass the time it will take to walk across campus to my next class, and the song Hopeless Love by Park Jimin came on.

 

I sighed realizing I related too much to the song and tried to think back to when this entire crush started.

 

(Freshman Year for Youngjae and Sophomore year for Jaebum)

 

Freshman year of college Youngjae entered and wanted to join a club and since he liked singing and dancing but knew he wasn’t super great and didn’t want to audition for any dance clubs but auditioned for singing clubs so he joined the simple ones. Such as the School Choir and their sub acapella group and the K-pop dance cover group.

 

But being in the one dance group led him to meet more and more people in the dance community on campus and over campus since his team performed at a lot of events. However, it was in spring semester, at one of the socials for all the dance clubs he saw him. His long dark hair was pushed back to reveal his beautiful expansive forehead and he looked so chic and y not fully smiling at his friends but had a small smirk plastered on his face as they conversed.

 

That was day Youngjae was fixated.

 

He asked other people in his group if they knew who he was. And there it was.

 

Im Jaebum. Sophomore. Philosophy major. President of Breakfree: the dance group that does their own choreography and is exclusive. His specialty was b-boying.

 

The rest of the party was spent with him sending quick glances his way or just openly staring. He was sad when the night was over and he couldn’t stalk the guy to find out where he lived because he had promised to learn a new dance with his hyung, Jinyoung, in the practice room after. He sighed at his responsibilities and wrote off Im Jaebum as a person he won’t ever encounter again.

 

Two months after that party Youngjae didn’t see Im Jaebum ever again. He inwardly knew it was good to be true so instead he focused on his own school work and dances to learn.

 

However, it was when the last month of school was coming in and he was preparing for the three showcases of his dance group and choir and acapella group, he realized that Breakfree was also having a dance showcase and God knows that was the fastest he had ever bought tickets for anything. He was so grateful that theirs was before his so that he could see that and then do his comfortably.

 

He thought it was too much to make a fansign for a guy he didn’t even know and just went to his school so instead he just went 1 hour early to the event space so that he could have front row seats.

 

Well he was wrong if he thought that would work.

 

He didn’t realize how popular Breakfree was and other people were already in line in front of the venue an hour ahead of time with fansigns for individual members but mostly for Jaebum. Youngjae felt stupid for thinking that would work but he joined the line nonetheless and ended up in the 5th row in the middle. Still relatively good seats he would believe.

 

After that night, Youngjae was bordering on obsessed with his crush on Jaebum.

 

 

Jaebum POV spring semester at the dance club social

 

 

It all started from that dumb social that my group required me to be at because I was president, but God was I ever so grateful I decided to go.

 

It was that night I saw one of the most angelic looking human beings. He looked so polite and had such a cute sunshine smile that caused crescent eyes. I was sure I have never seen him in any dance groups around campus before. In between looking cute like a little otter, the way he on his straw for his juice and then his lips after made Jaebum want other things for those lips to do.

 

He nudged one of his friends, Mark, who was fixated on watching another guy there to get his attention, and nodded his head in the direction of the boy.

 

“Choi Youngjae. He’s a freshman, Theatre and Film major. He joined Choir, After Eight and the K-pop dance group E.motion. He’s a cutie that a lot of people have joined both clubs to be around. Why? Are you interested?” Mark said.

 

“Do you personally know him?”

 

“I met him at Mid-Autumn Festival and the Korean Language Program Noraebang contest last semester. So kind of but not really? New crush already?” Mark teased.

 

“More of an attraction. Something makes me want to be the person to ruin that innocence.”

 

“JB, at some point one of your “attractions” will lead to you actually falling for someone.”

 

“Like you have for that guy you've been trying to talk to for 2 years. I’m not that pathetic. I’ve never been in love and I don’t plan on it either.”

 

“Whatever dude. And don’t bring Jinyoung into this.” Mark said blushing but still upset.

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes at the elder and threw glances at Youngjae often his lips. This one might just be one of his favorites.

*******

To find out more about Youngjae he secretly attended all three of his showcases and grabbed his new freshman lackey who just joined Breakfree, Yugyeum, who wanted to up to him to come with him.

 

He watched how gracefully yet sometimes fierce the way Youngjae danced. Jaebum thought that his dancing skill was worthy enough to be in Breakfree but he didn’t think he could deal with being in the same group and seeing Youngjae at every practice. Just watching the way he smiled when he messed up, or the way when he had so much fun he started sticking his tongue out, Jaebum was caught in Youngjae’s passionate dancing and it just made him want him more and more.

 

Then his voice. It was like a taste of heaven on earth and his body was pulled towards him as strong as the force of gravity. Youngjae was definitely a new fixation. Jaebum knew he was a bit screwed because he had never felt this attracted to anyone else.

 

 

Youngjae POV. Present

 

“Great you’re here! I thought you were going to skip to go spy on that crush of yours” his friend Jackson teased as he nudged him.

 

“I wouldn’t skip class. I already ran out of my maximum of skips from staring at him anyways.” Youngjae retorted pouting.

 

Jackson pinched his cheeks. “Awe my little Youngjae’s is all pouty and cute. Cheer up. I’m sure he’ll notice you at some point.”

 

Youngjae scowled and took his friends hands off his cheeks and pushed him gently.

 

“Let’s just go to class already. We’re late.” Effectively shutting Jackson up and dragging him to the classroom.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a small intro chapter haha. I already have most of this written and just need to edit so it will be updated every 3 days or so. it will probably be like 7-8 chapters long. Hallo everyone again :D This one shot i wrote just turned out to be too long you know so I'm editing it to make it even longer into a chaptered fanfic lolol and I'm such a Markjin addict i couldn't help but throw in the ship :) Thank you for subscribing and i hope you enjoy it ^^ Will probably end in quite frankly if you guys want.