✓ War

Well This Is Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter Eighteen [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] War [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

I got out of the car, closing the door with my eyes glued on her… she was staring at the river, resting her elbows on the handrail, she tip-toed and looked down “That’s dangerous” I said walking to her. She turned around slowly and immediately lowered her cap and looked down.

“Hey” she bowed.

I smiled, “Hey, what are you doing here?” I stood closer trying to look at her face but she was avoiding looking at me. I don’t get why… “is looking at me disgusting now?” I said sort of sad.

“No” she looked at me but turned her head quickly “I- I need to go.”

I grabbed her arm and pulled her closer. I noticed something under her eye but she was looking down. I lifted the cap a bit just to see her cheek red. I can clearly see the fingertips on it, someone slapped her, and there is a blue bruise.

“Sana, who did this?” I said cupping her cheeks, my blood was boiling, someone hit her, I am sure.

“It was just an accident” she said nervously.

“Don’t lie! Yori??? Someone harassed you?” I questioned panickily.

She shook her head and looked at my eyes, “Mark…”

I clenched my teeth and turned to face the river.

“He was mad at me so he slapped me, and he does that a lot lately” she confessed. I hit my hands on the handrail and screamed angrily… it started to rain slowly so I dragged her to my car and let her sit in the passenger seat, while I sat next to her tapping my hand on my knee.

“How long?” I asked.

“It’s been a year now…” She looked down.

“One year??? You have been enduring this one year?? FOR WHAT?” I found myself yelling at her, while she looked down with teary eyes.

“I have to protect the company and my father” She finally spoke.

“Does he know about it?” I said angrily.

“No, of course, not” she said firmly, “he will make me break up with Mark.”

“Is that supposed to be a bad thing?” I widened my eyes in shock.

“YES! Mark will take our company, our house, even our house now is not ours! Soon there will be an auction! Someone will take everything from us.”

I took a deep breath and frowned, “so you are protecting everything and everyone but yourself?” I frowned.

“I don’t care, my family is what matters most to me” She said.

I kept staring at her, I can’t imagine what life she lived for the last few months... with that monster. I handed her my business card, “Call me when you need me.”

“What? No, if Mark sees it he will beat me” she panicked, she has a trauma just hearing his name.

I grabbed her phone and saved my number as ‘Naeun’. “Naeun, so he won’t know, if he did anything to you call me”

“Why?” she soft-spoken, “why are you doing this?”

“Because we shared good memories that you don’t remember, but I can’t forget them” we stared at each other for a while, “did you really forget about me Sana…?” It was silent. The only sound we can hear was the raindrop on the car’s roof.

“I- I need to go” she said holding the door’s handle and getting out of the car, ignoring the fact that it’s now pouring outside. I grabbed the umbrella from the back seat and rushed to her, I opened it and stood behind her making her stop.

“Don’t get sick” I said, holding her hand, the hand that I miss to touch, I let her hold the umbrella… I don’t know if her cheeks or wet because of the rain, or her tears. I wiped them with my sleeve slowly and sensually making sure not hurt her. I stepped closer and leaned in, I miss her breath, her scent and touches but I earned a soft push from her. I knew then that she truly doesn’t want me. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders but she handed it to me, “I can’t.”

“Because of him?” I asked earning a nod.

“I can fix my problems and mind my own business, you don’t need to do anything, just have fun in your real life now, goodbye” she said walking away from me. I watched her get into a taxi. I threw my jacket and umbrella inside the car and drifted to my house, where Yeri was sleeping. I hopped in bed and laid next to her... I know now that I don’t feel anything for her, I was just happy with her company. Now, I am certain that my heart is in Sana’s hands, it will be forever.

 

 

The latter went back to the house. Her outfit was soaked with the rain.

“Heol! Why didn't you call me? I could have picked you up” Mark said handing her a towel, pretending like nothing happened yesterday, he always acts like that. She dried her body and walked to the bedroom with Mark following her, he back hugged her.

“I am sorry” he said softly, but that didn’t touch her heart at all, he turned her around, “I miss you” he slowly leaned in kissing the bruise he created. Eventually, Sana felt him on top of her, she wasn’t in the mood, she hates him, she is disgusted by him. His touches, kisses, his voice, she was closing her eyes, pretending that she enjoyed him so that he would not hit her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter