Help

Haphephobia

Days after Hakyeon gets a new friend, he has changed to a different person. He smiles quite a lot than before. Hakyeon does not have any thought to tell Taekwoon that he was bullied. It is because he feels that he has become stronger than before. It’s all thanks to Taekwoon.

Today is Friday and Taekwoon is walking toward Hakyeon's house. He wants Hakyeon to walk to the school with him together.

Dingdong ... the door opens.

"Yes?" Mrs. Ha Neun is the one who opens the door.

"Hi, aunty. Can I meet Hakyeon?" Taekwoon smiles while his eyes try to find him.

"Oh, Hakyeon. Yeah, sure. He will go down after he is ready. You can come inside while waiting for him." Mrs. Ha Neun invites him to inside.

"Thank you but I will just wait here. I just want to go school with him today." Taekwoon refuses.

"Eoh? Taekwoon-yah!" Hakyeon immediately runs to him as he feels happy to see him.

"Hakyeon-ah, let's go to school together." Taekwoon holds Hakyeon's hand and takes his schoolbag.

"Really?" Hakyeon furrows as he does not believe in what has just happened. So did Mrs. Ha Neun

"Aunty, we will leave now. Thank you for your kindness." Taekwoon quickly drags Hakyeon and runs as he looks at his watch has already 7.50 a.m. Mrs. Ha Neun watches them running and she feels unsatisfied with what has just happened.

“I guess that boy named Taekwoon has been cursed by Hakyeon. It is impossible for him to have a friend in this world. He does not deserve it at all. Hmph, do you really think that you can be happy forever?” Mrs. Ha Neun smirks to herself and she enters her house while laughing like a witch.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah, Jung Taekwoon! What's wrong with you? Why you suddenly want to walk with me to school? What will the others say if they saw you and me together?" Hakyeon scolds Taekwoon who is reading a book while walking beside him.

"It is not like we committed a crime or gay or what. We just walk to school together as friends." Taekwoon makes a poker face while looking at Hakyeon.

"I'm okay with it but I just afraid you can not stand it." Hakyeon looks down to the road and keeps walking away.

Taekwoon closes his book and chases Hakyeon from behind. After that, he knocks Hakyeon's head abruptly.

"Ouch! Why you hit my head?" Hakyeon hisses in pain while putting his hands at the place where Taekwoon hits him.

“I hit you because you are stupid. You want to know why I call you stupid. It is because you always cared about what the others say when it is about your friend and then you start to avoid yourself from me just because of what they said about me. You do not think when you decide. That is why I call you stupid. "Taekwoon explains in his cold tone.

"I'm sorry." Hakyeon stops his walk while lowering his head not dares to see Taekwoon's face.

Taekwoon regrets being angry towards Hakyeon. He changes his face and smiles.

“I scold you not because I really angry at you. I just want you to know that I sincerely want to be your friend. I do not care if they want to badmouth about me or what. For me, as long as we friend, we will fight all of these hardships together. Come, let's go before the bell rings. "Taekwoon walks towards Hakyeon and takes his hand.

They just walk to school without saying a word

___________________________________________________________________________________

During recess time, as usual, Hakyeon will go to the top roof to enjoy his time alone. Actually, Taekwoon has asked him to join him having lunch together at the cafeteria but Hakyeon refuses. Hakyeon afraid if he goes there, Taehyun will beat him again. Taekwoon tries to find Hakyeon as the bell rings but he can not see where the boy's shadow.

'Aish, where is he?' Taekwoon mumbles to himself while messing his hair.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hakyeon takes out his bread from the plastic and eats it. Somehow he feels lonely. Actually, he wants to have a lunch with Taekwoon together but he does not dare. He sighs heavily.

"Look what we have here." Here come Taehyun and his friends.

"What do you want?" Hakyeon takes a step back as he feels something bad will happen to him again.

"Well, I heard that you have a new friend and what a surprise! Someone told me that my brother, Jung Taekwoon is the 'friend'." Taehyun smirks and takes the baseball bat from his friend.

Hakyeon feels scared until he could not move away from his place as if he is ready to accept the punishment.

“I hate when you have a friend. When I found out Taekwoon was your friend, I thought it was a joke but I never thought that it was true. Let me show you what will happen to you when you disobey my rules, boy. "Taehyun grabs a fistful of Hakyeon's hair and pulls it backward harshly without mercy. After that, he pushes Hakyeon until he knocks his head onto the floor.

“Finish him”

___________________________________________________________________________________

“Remember, Cha Hakyeon.Your days will always be like this if you still friend with Taekwoon, you heard me? Let’s go, guys.”

Hakyeon doesn’t seem like he has energy left. He just keeps lying on the floor with his body full of bruises. He puts his right hand on his forehead and sighs.

“Is it wrong for me to have a friend like anyone else does?” he talks to himself when there is no one at there except him.

“What time is it now?” Hakyeon looks at his watch and his eyes wide open when the watch shows that the recess time is over. Hakyeon hisses in pain when he tries to stand up. He walks with his legs slanted a bit. Suddenly, his view is blurring and he feels his legs have started to weak again.

‘Damn, not now. Please, just hold for a little bit.’ Hakyeon holds his head as he tries to wait until the pain away.

 

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon! What happen to you?” suddenly, a voice calling for Hakyeon’s name and that person runs toward Hakyeon

‘My eyes can’t see anymore. I...I…’ Hakyeon loses his conscious when he tries to hold back the pain.

“Hakyeon!” Taekwoon catches Hakyeon before his body touches the ground.

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon! Wake up! Your body full with wounds, what exactly happen to you? “Taekwoon panics as he slaps Hakyeon’s face repeatedly but the latter won’t open his eyes.

___________________________________________________________________________________

‘Where is this place?’

‘Don’t tell me this is the same place like that day?’

“Hey, long time no sees.” the dark Hakyeon suddenly appears from his behind and smiles evilly.

“You?” Hakyeon takes a step backward when he sees the dark Hakyeon.

“What’s wrong? Don’t tell me that you are afraid of me?” the dark Hakyeon chuckles and he takes a step forward.

“Don’t come near to me!” Hakyeon shouts at him and without he knows, his body shaking badly as if he is scared.

“Just admit that you are afraid.” the dark Hakyeon looks at him with his fiery eyes.

“What do you want exactly? Can you just leave me alone? What is your problem with me? If you are truly me, you should not do this to me.” Hakyeon said in his shaking voice.

The dark Hakyeon chuckles darkly.

“You ask me what? What is my problem with you? Listen to me, Cha Hakyeon. My problem is you!” the dark Hakyeon shouts and his voice keep echoing the place.

“Me? Why?” Hakyeon surprised after he listens to the dark Hakyeon’s answer.

“Why? Because you are too coward! I hate it when you let them do whatever they want to do at you! I hate it when they hit you as if you are their punch bag! You are such a loser, Cha Hakyeon. Because of you, my life never in a piece!” the dark Hakyeon explains in an angry tone. And suddenly, his tears fell from his eyes.

“Why are you crying?”Hakyeon asks with concern.

“I already told you. I am your dark side. I am your angry, depressed and your sad emotions. I am sad when you get beaten by those heartless peoples. I am angry when you don’t have a will to fight them back. I am depressed when you have the intention to kill yourself. I afraid that one day, you will become a person with no feelings. You don’t feel happy, sad, and angry. And when that happens, I will eventually disappear from this world.” the dark Hakyeon explains again and this time, he talks in such sad tone.

“You…” before he can finish his words, the dark Hakyeon cuts him off.

“I never wanted to say this to you but I can’t help it. Hakyeon-ah, please be strong. The meaning of strong is not like you letting them do whatever they want to do at you. Be strong is not like you accepting whatever they did to you. The meaning of strong that I meant is you have to be strong to fight them. Don’t let them take easy on you. Prove to them that you are not weak.” the dark Hakyeon begs to him and his action makes Hakyeon feels guilty to himself.

“I’m sorry.”

“Hah? Why are you sorry?” the dark Hakyeon asks curiously.

“I always thought if I just keep defense myself by letting them do whatever they want will make me strong but it seems like I was wrong. What I’m doing will make me become an emotionless person. I also afraid if one day, I can’t feel what I feel right now. Thanks to you, now I know, what I’m doing exactly is actually wrong. I will try my best to be strong like what you said just now. It surely takes a long time for me to be strong.” Hakyeon says while lowering his heads to the floor in guilty.

“I’m glad that I can help you, Hakyeon.” the dark Hakyeon says and smiles.

Suddenly, Hakyeon’s body disappearing slowly. It means Hakyeon will get out from his nightmare soon.

“Please stay strong, Cha Hakyeon.” the last words from dark Hakyeon before Hakyeon wakes up.

 

........................................................................................................................................

A/N: Hi, everyone. I'm back. I'm sorry for letting you guys wait for long. I'm sorry to say this but you guys need to know. I might be updating new chapters 2 a month because next year, I have a very very important exam. I need to focus on my study. I hope you will understand. I'm truly sorry.