Friend

Haphephobia

It takes a week for Hakyeon to get himself heal.After that incident, Hakyeon always late to the school because he could not walk faster as usual due to his pained body.The bully gang is becoming crueler to Hakyeon.They do not only throw his bag away for a few times, they also tearing Hakyeon’s books, and the cruelest thing is when they locked him in the toilet then they throw the dirty water on him. Even though it hurts him a lot but it is better if they did not beat him since his body pained a lot. At least, he can get himself healing in a short time.

On Sunday, Hakyeon goes to the mini market which is not quite far from his house.He goes for a groceries shopping since in the refrigerator had no food left.As he finished buying, he walks to home by using the long path.It is because it has been awhile he did not walk out while admiring the beautiful sceneries of this beautiful earth.He wants to know the life of another human in this world since he has already bored with his sad life.When he passed by the playground, he heard a child crying.Then, he sees the mother of the child coaxes her child that crying.He smiled bitterly when he sees that sweet scene of a mother and a child.

He walks sadly from that place.While he walks, he kept remembering his mother.He wishes that he could live with his mother a little longer.He knows that his mother has given all the love to him but he could not feel it those days because he was still a baby.He stops his move as his eyes are focusing on someone who is trying to cross the road.The traffic light for the vehicles is red but then he sees a car that quite fast from another way which is coming toward that guy.He drops the plastics that he holds and runs toward that guy.

“Watch out!”Hakyeon shouts as he pushes the guy which makes him and that guy falls.Luckily that both of them are safe.

“Arghh!” that guy groans in pain.

“Are you okay?You could get yourself killed by that speed car.”Hakyeon says when he walks closer to that guy.

“I’m fine.Thank you for saving me.I owe you.” that guy’s voice is quite soft which makes Hakyeon feels warm in his heart.That guy keeps sweeping away the dirt away from his shirt.

“If you do not mind, can I know what is your name?Maybe we can get know each other.”Hakyeon asks with a full hope.

“Eoh?My name is Taekwoon.Jung Taekwoon.Yours?”Taekwoon introduces himself and sees Hakyeon’s face.

“Taekwoon.Such a cute name.By the way, I am Cha Hakyeon.I study at Seoul Academy School.You?” Hakyeon asks Taekwoon another question.

“Seoul Academy?Wow, what a fate that we are studying at the same school, Hakyeon-sshi.” Taekwoon says in a surprised tone

“Really?How come I never see you before?Taekwoon-ah, please drop the honorifics.You can just call me Hakyeon or Yeon for short name.”Hakyeon smiles happily and this is the brightest smile that Hakyeon ever showed in his whole life.

“Okay.How old are you and which class are you from?”Taekwoon asks politely.

“I am 17  years old and my class is the first class,”Hakyeon says excitedly.

“Woah, we are in the same age but my class is the second class.Maybe that is why we don’t know each other.”Taekwoon says while standing up.

Hakyeon also stands up but then suddenly, he feels pain in his hand.He takes a look at his hand and he sees a blood dripping from his elbow.

“Hakyeon, your elbow is bleeding,”Taekwoon says in a worried tone.

“I know.I think I hurt myself when I tried to save you.”Hakyeon tries to hold on the pain.

“Let me bring you to the hospital.My mother can treat your wound.She is a doctor.”Taekwoon offers help to Hakyeon.

“It is okay, Taekwoon-ah.I’m used to it.This wound is nothing to me.”Hakyeon’s words make Taekwoon frowns in weird.

“Please Hakyeon.You saved my life and I owe you.The least thing that I can do is to bring you to hospital.”Taekwoon tries his best to coax Hakyeon.

“You want to pay me, aren’t you.Then, can you do me a favor?”Hakyeon asks with his hopeful eyes.

“Anything, Hakyeon, anything.”Taekwoon nods agree.

“Can you be my friend?My first friend?”Hakyeon asks pleadingly.

“Hakyeon?Yeah, sure I can.”Taekwoon agrees.

“Thank you, Taekwoon-ah.Finally, I could have a friend like anyone else does.”Hakyeon says in a happy tone.

“Hakyeon, you never have a friend, don’t you?”Taekwoon asks in curious.

Hakyeon keeps quiet and nods his head slowly.Taekwoon surprised when he found out that Hakyeon never had a friend in his whole life. Taekwoon opens his mouth to say something but Hakyeon cuts him.

“Taekwoon-ah, I had to go now.See you tomorrow at school.”Hakyeon says and takes the plastic then leave Taekwoon alone at the side of the road.