Daily Life

Haphephobia

When the school has finished and the bell rings, all the students walk to their own houses while Hakyeon who is still sitting in the classroom.He stares on to the floor with his blank mind.Then, Taehyun and his friends come into the class and attack him by hitting his head abruptly.

“Hey, you still don’t want to go home?Or you are waiting here for us to give you some punches.”Taehyun smirks to Hakyeon.

Hakyeon just keeps quiet and his eyes focusing onto the floor.Taehyun loses his smiles and gets angry to Hakyeon’s attitude.He pulls Hakyeon’s hair forcefully until that latter groans in pain.

“Hey, why you didn’t say anything?Are you mute or what?!If you are going to be like this, I’m okay with it.Beat him.”Taehyun walks to the behind and lets his friends beat Hakyeon.

As they done beating him, they walk away and go back to their home while Hakyeon still sitting on the floor hugging his body.The tears flowing out from his eyes.It is painful for him to bear all of those pain that they give to him.After a few minutes he cries, he takes all of his stuff and walks to home while holding his wounded hand.He arrives late at home.When he opens the door, he sees Mrs.Ha Neun who is sitting on the sofa while watching the television.

“So early.I thought you want to stay at the school until the world ended.”Mrs.Ha Neun says mockingly.

“I…I got work to do.”Hakyeon stutters when he explaining.

“Work?I bet that there are some guys bullying you at the school, am I right?Well, I would be happy for you if that happen.I’m going out tonight.I want you to clean my room.You hear that?”Mrs.Ha Neun instructs as she takes her handbag and walks to the outside to wait for her husband.

Hakyeon walks to his room to change his clothes.After he done cleaning himself, he sits on his bed and taking the emergency aid box.He takes out plasters and puts it on his wounds.His eyes becoming heavier than before and finally, he falls to sleep. One hour has just passed by, Hakyeon wakes up due to his hungriness. He walks to the downstair to cook some foods.He searches for food in the kitchen but he only found a packet of ramyeon on the microwave.

"Ramyeon,again.”Hakyeon sighs and takes the food to cook.

As he finished eating, he cleans all the mess that he did when he cooks.After that, he walks to Mrs.Ha Neun’s room to clean her room.When he opens the door, he found pieces of broken glasses on the floor. He bends down and picks up all of those pieces.Actually, he knows what is the cause of the mess in his aunt’s room. Lately, his aunt and uncle always fighting and Mrs.Ha Neun would always be the victim. Sometimes this married couple does look romantic and sweet to each other but sometimes they fight because of money.That is why Mrs.Ha Neun will take her revenge by torturing Hakyeon.

The room has finally cleaned.Hakyeon wipes all of his sweats with a cloth and walks out from the room. Then, he walks to the downstair again to drink water.When he drinking the water, he heard a voice.He quickly washes the glass and walks to the living room to check.He sees Mrs.Ha Neun who is drunk at the in front of the door while crying.He walks closer to her.

“Aunty?”Hakyeon calls her name.

She lifts up her head.

“Oh, it’s you.Hahahaha.”Mrs.Ha Neun has lost her sane and laughs crazily.Suddenly, her face changes to a serious face then she says

“He lied to me.He lied to me.He cheats on me.Why he did this to me?Why?Why!!!I know why.It is because of you!”Mrs.Ha Neun shouts at Hakyeon and slaps him.

Hakyeon almost fell his head on to the floor if he did not put his strength on his arms.Then, Mrs.Ha Neun stands up and hits his back repeatedly while releasing her anger.

“If you don’t exist, if your mother doesn't exist in this world, I would never live like this!Never!I should have married to a man that I loved, not that stupid man!It is all of your faults!”She hits him every time she speaks the words.

“Why?Why?”Then she stops hits him and crying.Her weak legs making her falls.

Although Hakyeon's back hurts but he gathers all his strength and crawls to his aunt.Then, he hugs his aunt while his hands shivering.

“It’s okay, aunty.It’s okay to cry.You can release everything to me.I am here to comfort you, aunty.”Hakyeon says while coaxing her.

Even though Mrs.Ha Neun always tortures him but he still loves her as his family.It just because he doesn’t want to show it because he knows that Mrs.Ha Neun would never accept him even if he is kind to her. Then, he releases the hug and he lets his aunt sleeps on the sofa because he knows that his uncle will he carry her to bedroom although he hurts her.

He walks to his room while massaging his back because of the pain.Why all these years Hakyeon had never defended himself from getting abused by his uncle and aunt and why he had never fight over the bully?He could have fought them since he is getting stronger and bigger.The answer is if he did fight over them, he can get himself suffering more in the future and he knows his mother wouldn’t like if he fights them.He believes that one day he will get all the happiness that he wants to.What he needs to do is to wait until that time comes.

The next morning, Hakyeon goes to school early than before without taking a breakfast.As the bell rings, the lesson has started.When Hakyeon comes to this school, Hakyeon can focus on what teacher says during the lesson because no one dared to disturb him but when the lesson has ended, they start their job to making Hakyeon suffers.The recess time, Hakyeon goes to the canteen to eat since his stomach growls. Luckily, this time no one disturbs him eating but as usual he always alone.The bell ringing and all the students back to their own classes.When Hakyeon enters the classroom, he found his bag was nowhere in the class. He tries to search every place in the class but not able to find it.

“Hey, what’s wrong dude?Do you lose your favorite bag?Aww, pity you.”Taehyun asks while mocking him.His friends laugh to what he said.

Hakyeon ignores them and comes out from the class to search for his bag.Actually, he knows that Taehyun is the one who hides his bag but he could not say anything about it.Before he starts his mission to search his bag, the teacher bumps into him.

Oh, Hakyeon-sshi.What’s wrong?I thought now is my lesson.”The teacher says while looking at his watch to make sure that he’s correct.

“I left my things, sir.Can I go and take it now?”Hakyeon asks for permission from the teacher.

Sure, you may go but don’t be late.I only give you 5 minutes to go.”The teacher says and walks into the class.

Hakyeon tries to find his bag everywhere but he still not found it.Then, a boy comes to him while holding his bag.Hakyeon looks at that boy with his nervous eyes because of he afraid if that boy is one of Taehyun’s gangs.

“Is this your bag?” that boy asked.

“Yes.C-can you hand over the bag to me?”Hakyeon asks that boy.

“Here.I found it in the garbage bin.Sorry, can I ask a question?” the boy asks while hoping that Hakyeon willing to listen to him.

Hakyeon nods.

“I was curious because of it pretty unusual to see someone throwing the bag into the garbage bin.I bet that you are a victim of the bully gang.Am I right?If it’s true, I can help you because my father is the principal of this school.” the boy asks Hakyeon who is looking at him with scared eyes.

“No.I’m not.”Hakyeon lies.

“Oh, really?By the way, my name is Han Sang Hyuk.Nice to meet you, Hakyeon-hyung.I am your junior.” Hyuk introduces himself to Hakyeon while smiling.

“It is nice to meet you too, Hyuk-sshi.I have to go back to the class now.Bye.”Hakyeon left Hyuk and walks back to his class.