two: the escape

Sweet Summer Escapade

The next day, all things are set and we're on our way for a summer business trip in an infamous beach. I was sight-seeing on the deck when my supposedly fiancée,  Yoo Somi, called me and asked me to get inside for lunch.

 

Just after she went inside, I felt even more furious about this kind of life. How am I supposed to marry a girl I barely know? Well, we did go to the same University but I don't even know we did. We took the same course and classes but I never even once noticed her nor talked to her. And now I am arranged to marry her just because of this burdensome family business.

 

As the view of the beach draw nearer, I felt the urge to run away from all of these responsibilities. I wanted to run away from this kind of life I'm facing right now.

 

So I took a deep breath, finally making up my mind to leave this unwanted life. As I jump from the deck, the guards started to shout in panic. I know they'll try to catch me so I swam with my fastest pace until I could no longer see the expensive cruise where I was standing just minutes ago.

 

I laughed heartily when finally, I can taste freedom. I felt the coldness of the water as I looked up at the sky; the sun kissed my face which made me smile. This is real freedom.

 

But now that I'm in the water, I'm not sure what to do next or where to go. Yep, that's me. I act impulsively. Funny how it goes but this is how I escaped.

 

I looked at the full view of where I was. I turned to look around as I wipe the water off my face ang brushed my hair, covering my face, upward. In front of me is just pure water. At my back was the way to where we were heading earlier. On my left side is probably a dead end, I can only see rock formation which was at least 15-20 feet, nothing to rest on. Okay, what's left is on my right side, which I guess is a nearby Island. I can't clearly see the full view of it as it looked kind of small and peaceful, creepy but it’s my last resort.

 

I swam towards my right but I guess I was wrong for thinking it was near. I kept swimming, taking some rest on my way. I guess this is how the mermaid in The Legend of the Blue Sea felt when she swam for months, we may have different reasons but even though I feel tired, I was determined to get away, the same determination she had when she wanted to see the guy who captured her heart.