Jin Kim's Goodbye

Sweet Summer Escapade

To the girl who beat out the in me.

We may have just known each other for a short while but it felt like I've known you for years. Thank you for keeping me company even though I was a complete stranger to you.

That day, when we jumped off that 20 feet rock, I have realized a lot of things. You asked me that same day if I won't regret running away. I didn't give a sensible answer. But to give you my answer now, I would say No. If I were to refer to the days I spent with you, I would say running away didn't bring me any regrets. Those short days I spent with you, they were all full of different kinds of emotions, experiences, and memories.

Thank you for making me appreciate the beauty of my name. It was when you called me by the name I dislike that made me accept it and make it a part of me.

Thank you for helping me see the good side of the fate I despised and cursed. Thank you for not letting me fall into believing that I could never be what I wanted to be.

Seulgi-ah, I guess I might have gone back home while you are reading this. I might have left without saying goodbye so please accept my apologies.

I always hated goodbyes and I never wanted to say goodbye to you. You've become special that I can't even bear to look at you as I leave.

I just hope that you and the people who raised you will be reunited and would live well. There's not a need to thank me for helping you out. I did that because I owe Gary-hyung a lot.

As for the stories you sent, congratulations! I know you would make it. I always knew you will. I believe you would.

Seulgi, if there'll be a chance for us to meet...

I promise...

I'll come to you...

And I will be a changed man...

I'll make it so that there'll be no complications...

I will be that someone...

Someone who will never ever leave again.

From the strangest stranger you've ever met,
Jin Kim