A1S5

우리 사이의 드라마 - Drama Between Us

The crowd of students heading towards the school gate flowed like a river. Sung Kyung rowed down while studying English terms needed for the college entrance exams. A man in a suit stood in front of her with a determined look. The man disrupted the flow of water, with many students bumping into Sung Kyung and the man.

"Are you Lee Sung Kyung?" He asked while holding out a business card.

"Yes, I am..." Sung Kyung responded while taking the card.

While stuffing the English terms in her pocket, she brought it closer to her face to examine it. It read Park Won Jae, casting manager and his email. Next to his information was...the YG logo? Sung Kyung's eyes widened and looked back up at the man. 

"One of the directors at YG personally wanted to meet with you." Won Jae said.

"Why would they meet me?" She asked, still confused. 

"She saw your acting video and wanted to cast you." he said while smiling. 

Sung Kyung needed to absorb the words she just heard. YG casting her? Would a chance like this ever come again? After contemplating everything yesterday, this could change her life.

The man quickly looked at his wrist watch and quickly said, "I'm sorry, but I have to be elsewhere. I'll see you at the company." Won Jae bowed and ran against the crowd of students. 

Sung Kyung finally bowed seconds after she registered what just happened. An arm wrapped around her shoulders and it pushed her forward in the crowd. If she hadn't snapped out of it, she could've fallen.

"What are you holding up the students for?" Joo Hyuk asked while looking down at Sung Kyung. 

"Is this a scam? Does this person really work at YG? Is this really a scam? Is it fake?" Sung Kyung quickly asked while waving the business card. 

Joo Hyuk took the card with his free hand and studied it. Sung Kyung ripped his arm off of her and brushed herself off as if she was disgusted. He didn't notice, he was still looking at the card.

"This is real. Where did you get it? Did you steal it?" Joo Hyuk joked.

"I just got casted." Sung Kyung proudly said. 

She comically crossed her arms and put her chin in the air. Sung Kyung accelerated through the crowd without changing her pose. Joo Hyuk looked at her from afar and laughed quietly.

The 5 p.m. bell rang and Sung Kyung suavely packed up while her friends looked at her like she was crazy. 

"Where are you going?" Mi Joo asked.

"Ah, me? Just YG entertainment." Sung Kyung said.

"YG? I thought you were going to audition later." Soo Yeon said.

"What about self-study? We have exams coming up..." Hye Mi added.

"My dear friends..." Sung Kyung dramatically said, "I got street casted."

The three of the friends stood up from their desks with surprised expressions. Inaudible noises came out of their mouths while Sung Kyung cooly slung her backpack on. The whole class stared at them crazily. 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Soo Yeon yelled.

"No wonder you were acting so weird today. I thought you got a boyfriend!" The usually calm Hye Mi also yelled.

Mi Joo stood with left open. Sung Kyung shrugged and walked out laughing. The whole class had eyes on her and she sweetly waved at them before walking out. The class sat in silence for a bit from the weirdness. 

Sung Kyung merrily walked outside of the school and took a deep breath. She felt like she was flying even when she was still on the ground. She was laughing to herself and she didn't care. If she doesn't mess up, she'll be closer to becoming an actress.

I shouldn't think so far ahead. This could be fake, she thought. 


About 15 minutes later, she arrived at her destination. The structure of the building looked even stranger in real life. Focusing on her objective, she walked in with a strong mindset to the front desk. 

"Hello, I got casted by Park Won Jae. A director said she wanted to meet me." Sung Kyung said as she radiated confidence.

"I'm sorry, but was an appointment set up?" The woman asked.

I knew this was too easy, Sung Kyung thought.

"He didn't say anyth-" 

"Lee Sung Kyung, right?" A woman in a red dress said. 

"Ah, yes." 

"I'm Yook Sa Heon. The director who was looking for you." She calmly says.

Sung Kyung deeply bows and says, "Nice to meet you." 

"Let's meet in my office; we have a lot to talk about." Sa Heon says after smiling.

The intimidating woman leads the way up and Sung Kyung follows silently.