A1S4

우리 사이의 드라마 - Drama Between Us

Sung Kyung glanced at the clock that read 9:58 p.m. She signaled her friends to start packing up. With self-study being until 10 p.m. and college entrance exams coming up, she didn't know how to pursue her dream. 

"I want to graduate already!" Mi Joo stated. 

"Only a couple of months left." Hye Mi soullessly said as she rested her head on her hand. 

The four of them groaned, then waited in silence. Milliseconds after the bell rung, student sprinted out of the door. The tired ones dragged themselves out. 

The group finally reached the front of the school gate and said their goodbyes. Sung Kyung started walking towards her house, but more awake now. She walked this road for many years but still can't adjust to the creepiness of it. A couple old streetlights that flickered were the only source of light.

Sung Kyung's muscles stiffened as she heard light footsteps behind her. Her feet started moving faster. The footsteps increased in speed and sound. A hand grabbed her shoulder, alarming her to quickly turn around and throw her fist. 

"Hey! Why did you hit me?" Joo Hyuk yelled while holding his nose. 

Sung Kyung looked down at the crouching man with regret. She knew this would come up again in the future. Deeply, she wanted nothing to do with him.

"Why did you follow me?" Sung Kyung yelled back. 

"I was walking back from training. Plus it's too dark for a girl to walk by herself." Joo Hyuk said while checking for blood in his nose.

"I'd rather get kidnapped than walk with you." Sung Kyung replied. 

She turned back around and continued fearlessly walking down the street. Joo Hyuk ran to catch up with her.

"Delete that video." Joo Hyuk ordered once again.

"I'll delete it when I'm dead." Sung Kyung answered without making eye contact.

"Are you some type of gangster? You hit so hard..." 

"I didn't hit hard, you're just weak." Sung Kyung said.

Joo Hyuk laughed and came closer to her ear. He whispered, "You owe me or else I'm telling my fan club that you hit me."

Both of them knew his fans would kill her if they knew about it. Sung Kyung had no words to say so she just bitterly nodded. They reached the end of the street. They made eye contact and Joo Hyuk waved, but Sung Kyung ignored it and parted ways with him. 

"Too dark for a girl to walk by herself" Sung Kyung mocked. She laughed a bit and realized her actions. She quickly controlled herself and threw the nice words away on the street. 

 

"I'm back." Sung Kyung said as she slipped her shoes off at the entrance. She could hear the TV volume very low. 

"Welcome back." Her mom said while sitting on the couch, watching a new drama episode.

Sung Kyung sat down on the couch, exhausted. Her mom warmly smiled at her.

"Did you study well?" She asked.

"Yeah." Sung Kyung answered sluggishly.

"You must be tired. I'll cook some eel for stamina tomorrow." 

"Thanks." Sung Kyung said with a slight smile and drowsy eyes. 

The two sat in silence as the TV played an important scene. She missed just sitting here and watching dramas. School is almost over, so she'll be able to watch as much as she wants. Spreading her arms and legs out felt nice after a long day of studying. After about 10 minutes, Sung Kyung stood up to get a drink of water from the pitcher on her table.

"Do you still want to be an actress?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah." Sung Kyung quietly said and walked to her room. Her mom said nothing back.

Upon entering her room, you can tell it's not big enough for Sung Kyung. She was content with it either way. She took her uniform off and changed into a simple sweater and pants. 

Laying on her back, she tried to plan out her actress dream. There seemed to be no way to effectively become a trainee and study well at the same time. Her thoughts lingered for a bit and then she shot up out of bed. 

Joo Hyuk seems leave the company at the same time that self-study ends...I can pretend like I'm studying, but I'll go to YG and train, Sung Kyung thought.

She laid back down after she realized she needed to audition first. There's no time for that. And training cost a lot of money. Her family doesn't have enough savings to pay for college. 

She fell into a deep sleep, hoping to have good dreams.