Act 1 Scene 1

우리 사이의 드라마 - Drama Between Us

Cherry blossom petals set the stage as they fell like spring's snow. Sung Kyung slightly fidgeted as she was looking at her shoes. Shyly, she pushed her hair back and opened to speak.

"Joo Hyuk...I like you. Since the beginning of the year, I-I liked you." Sung Kyung said as she met eyes with him. A strong gust of wind filled the silence between them. With no other action, he sighed. Sung Kyung quickly looked down, intimidated at the cold reaction.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested. I don't even know your name." Joo Hyuk stated. 

Sung Kyung's eyes welled up with tears. She covered her face and started shaking from overflowing emotions. Joo Hyuk looked around to make sure no one was watching. Distraughtly, he looked back at her sobbing face.

"Don't cry, it makes me feel like the bad guy." He coldly stated.

Sung Kyung ran away with her face still covered. Towards the flank of the school, she could see her friends standing at the corner with Mi Joo's phone, recording the whole scene. Sung Kyung uncovered her face and started laughing uncontrollably. Her friends took bank notes out of their pockets in a dreadful manner. She stuck her hand out and they slugglishly placed the bills.

"My acting was good, right?" Sung Kyung exclaimed while wiping her eyes. Her friends agreed with groans, dreading they just lost money for a bet. Sung Kyung took her phone out from the inside of her school blazer and stopped the voice recorder. The conversation played out loud around the huddle of friends.

"What's with this guy?" Soo Yeon managed to say in the middle of her laughter. 

"He's so serious too..." Hye Mi added.

Mi Joo looked into her wallet hopelessly without saying a word. 

"Maybe you should've believed me, Mi Joo." Sung Kyung joked and stuck her tongue out. 

Mi Joo's eyes turned wild under a second. Sung Kyung's chest filled with terror and she started running down the cherry blossom pathway. Mi Joo followed, trailing Soo Yeon and Hye Mi. Laughter echoed through the spacious school as the spring wind started blowing trouble in.