The Celebration

Our Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ju-ne, these are my very best friends: Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo," Rose exclaimed while hugging Junhoe's arm and smiling like an idiot.

The three girls that Rose mentioned were sitting at a cafe drinking iced teas and coffee when Rose came up to them. Junhoe smiled and introduced himself.

"Anyeong, I'm Junhoe, Rose's soon-to-be-hubby, love of her life, her other half, her grace and savior--"

"Anywaysss," Rose cut him off and sat down. The girls just laughed at the two of them.

"Say, Junhoe. You seem familiar. I feel like I've seen you somewhere.." Jennie questioned while sipping her iced macchiato.

"Really? Well this is the first time I'm meeting you, I don't think I've seen you before," Junhoe replied.

Junhoe was confused now at how she managed to know him, but he had no clue who they were until now.

Just then, Jennie looked like she had a lightbulb go off in her head.

"Hanbin! You guys go to the studio together, am I right?" Jennie excitedly yelled out.

"Ohh, yeah. We do go to the studio every once in a while down the street from here. Him, Bobby and I have been trying to make some music lately. How do you know Hanbin?" Junhoe asked Jennie who suddenly got shy.

Rose looked and Lisa and Jisoo who were all eyeing Jennie and giggling to each other. Jennie coughed out the awkwardness and nudged Jisoo.

"I-we-we're just friends is all. We actually met at that studio some time ago when Rose and I were preparing for an audition. Right Chaeyoung-ah?" Jennie said with a devious smile, diverting the conversation to Rose who looked alarmed at what Jennie suddenly admitted.

"Wait wait. Rose, you sing? You never told me that! Now we HAVE to go to the studio together, us four," Junhoe said with a bright smile. Rose buried her face in her hands and mentally shot arrows at Jennie for bringing that up.

"No, I don't sing, don't listen to her. I have stage fright. Did you want coffee, babe? I'm gonna get coffee!" Rose was about to get up out of her seat when Junhoe brought her back down and threw one of his arms around her shoulders to weigh her down.

"Tell me more about my lovely Park Chaeyoung, ladies," Junhoe said while smirking at an embarrassed Rose.

 

 

Junhoe was out of the shower and dressed. He was fresh and clean and in a good mood. He remembered that he invited Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa along with Hanbin, his best friend, Bobby and Chanwoo. Since it was Rose's birthday, Junhoe planned a little birthday/welcome home get together at their apartment. He was having flashbacks to this morning where he kissed her cheek out of nowhere. It honestly came to a shock to him as well. He didn't know how she reacted to it, but knew he had to stop now because he was going at his pace and not hers.

Rose finally came out of the room after freshening up and getting dressed to see the TV softly playing some random music show and Junhoe at the dining table with his back facing her. She went to the table and as she got closer, she saw the little setup he had. He had made seaweed soup for her. He was on his phone, scrolling through social media.

He suddeny felt a presence and did a double take over his shoulder to see a flattered Rose behind him. He got up and yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" with a cheesy smile and pulled out the chair for her to sit.

She shyly smiled and sat down in the seat he pulled out for her.

"I'm sorry in advance if it doesn't taste that good, I ran out of the instant stuff and tried to make it from scratch..." he confessed.

"No, this is already good enough for me. Thank you," Rose shyly spoke while grabbing her spoon. Junhoe watched her p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter