The Promise

Our Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's not like I'm leaving you forever, Rose. Let me go now," said a slightly annoyed Junhoe to a clingy Rose.

Rose had her arms wrapped around him from the back and she squeezed tighter when he told her to let him go.

Junhoe was going to Japan for a couple of weeks to visit his family and Rose couldn't stand being away from him for that long, not to mention the distance they would be apart from each other.

"Don't do this to me! You're gonna leave and never come back!!" Rose was being dramatic on purpose to over exaggerate how she felt about him leaving. Junhoe might have sounded and acted annoyed, but he was secretly smiling at her efforts to keep him home.

He released her hands and turned around to face her. She was pouting like a child and he just laughed at her.

"Why are you so ugly?! If you still have that face when I leave, I'm breaking up with you," he joked, making her pout even more. She crossed her arms across her chest and relaxed her face naturally.

"Don't make fun of me for missing you already," she said honestly.

Junhoe set his bag down on the floor and held his arms out wide for her to walk into them. When she didn't, he walked to her, squeezing her as much as she squeezed him in a playful, but heartfelt way. Her arms were still crossed because she was still upset with him and her face turned into that pout again. 

She loved the feeling of his arms around her tiny body. She felt so whole whenever she was with him, but of course her face wasn't showing it right now.

"You know, you could have told me you were leaving for Japan earlier instead of telling me not even two days ago. That's why I'm so upset, IDIOT!" Rose pinched his cheek which made him wince and yelp out of surprise in the partially empoty airport.

Junhoe rubbed his cheek where she pinched him and gave her his "puppy dog face" while pointing to his cheek signalling for her to kiss it better. She rolled her eyes, but went in to kiss him anyway. She aimed for his cheek, but he went for her lips, catching her by surprise. He grabbed her slim waist and pulled her closer while she brought her hands to his neck, deepening their kiss.

They pulled apart, resting their foreheads against each other with mirrores smiles. He kissed Rose again real quick before they parted ways.

 

 

Rose pulled her sweater over her head and buttoned up her jeans. She looked at herself in the mirror and finally saw how pale and thin she got.

"Well, I always said I wanted to have an idol image, right?" she joked with herself in the bathroom. Just then, she heard the sound of Junhoe's unique voice call her name.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a bit!" she yelled out from behind the bathroom door.

She turned back to the mirror and took one last look at herself. For some reason, she was going to miss the hospital that kept her safe for 10 months even though she was uncoinscious throughout her stay. She opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom. She was ready to leave.

===

The car ride was occupied by the radio playing whatever Junhoe had on his phone. It was feel good music and easy to listen to. She thought that he had some good taste in music and wondered if he always did.

Rose looked out the window, familiarizing herself with everything again. The memories were there, but she was still trying to sort them out. She watched the trees pass them and the traffic lights turn from red to green.

She read the street names and remembered that she was living in an apartment on a street that they were coming up on. She was excited to go home and see how her apartment looked like, but was confused when they passed the street her apartment was on.

She looked back to see if the street name was right and it was.

"Wait. Aren't you dropping me off at home? To my apartment? We just passed the street," Rose told Junhoe.

Junhoe stopped at the red light.

"You must have forgotten that you chose to move out of your apartmen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter