The Time Before You

Our Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose stormed out of the coffee shop and onto the street with tears streaming down her face. She looked left and right to find a cab or some form of transportation to take her back home, but couldn't find any so she ended up walking.

"Rose!! Rose come back, let me explain!" a voice said from behind her.

As soon as she heard the man's voice, she sped up her pace and eventually started running towards her apartment. She ran and ran until she made it to a park. She didn't realize how much she was running until she was gasping for air and her legs tired out as soon as she started slowing down. She took her phone out of her pocket, eyes swollen and head throbbing.

15 messages from Jungkook.

The tears started streaming down her face again. She tried taking a step more, but it finally hit her how horrible she felt. She felt insecure, abandoned, hurt, and betrayed.

"Rose? No way! Rose, what's up?" She heard a unique voice from behind her and turned around to be met with Koo Junhoe. She saw his expression change so quick upon seeing her face.

"Woah, hey are you okay? This is not how I pictured us meeting again after so long...hm....a little awkward," Junhoe said while scratching the back of his head and obviously looking around as if he was searching for a way out of the situation.

Rose knew how silly he was and tried to smile, but couldn't bring herself to do it. Even Koo Junhoe couldn't make her feel better at a time like this, so she did what was only fitting. She tried to speak, but all that came out were more tears and and a scrunched-up face. She dropped her head down and walked towards Junhoe slowly, dragging her feet with every step. Without knowing, she walked straight into his arms and sobbed until she couldn't sob anymore.

"It's alright, your knight in shining armor has come," Junhoe said while holding her in his arms and her hair. Her arms went around his waist and they stood like that until she was cried out.

 

 

"The last thing I remember before I was in the hospital was a bad break up with Jungkook," Rose said while sitting on the couch and sipping her hot tea. Junhoe, who had his back facing her, brought his head up in surprise that she brought that up and continued on washing the dishes in the kitchen.

"Yeah, well...like I said before, some memories are meant to forgotten, but I guess Park Chaeyoung's brain forgot to forget that memory," Junhoe joked. He finished rinsing the last dish and wiped his hand on a towel, then went to sit on the coffee table in front of Rose with the towel flung over his shoulder.

"What do you remember from that?" Junhoe asked.

Rose brought the blanket that was on her closer to her body and shifted her body to face Junhoe more. She looked at her cup and then it hit her. Her eyes started to get a little teary, but then she smiled at what she remembered after that. Junhoe was confused at why she looked like she was about to cry, but was smiling.

"Alrightttt, fill me in would you?" He asked again, receiving her attention.

"Well. I remember walking into a random coffee shop in Incheon to ask where the nearest bank was because I had to pick up my paycheck from my job's headquarters there, and I heard a familiar laugh. A laugh that I heard every day for a year. I didn't even make it to the register when I saw him touch her thigh. His face was so close to hers and it looked like they were about to kiss until he saw me. I wanted so badly to call him out, but I just ran out of the shop without looking back." Rose's voice was cracking and Junhoe moved from the coffee table to the couch and sat next to her.

She sniffled and wiped away the tears on her face before continuing her story.

"So then I ran and ran until my legs gave up. I ended up running for 20 minutes straight and ended up at a random park in an elementary school or something," Rose started to chuckle and Junhoe started to smile too because they both know what she was going to say next.

"And then I hear someone call out my name all of a sudden. I remember sobbing and walking into his arms, and he said something about being my knight in shining armor," now it was Rose's turn to joke with Junhoe. He buring his face in his hands and laughed with her.

"That was actually an embarrassing moment for me. I apologize for that line, it was super cheesy," Junhoe said. After they shared their laugh, Rose finished her story.

"But I was glad to see you. I was lost and I had just gotten my heart broken and when I saw you there, call me crazy, but it was like fate? I mean come on, out of all people, YOU?"

Junhoe grabbed his heart and faked an expression of offense, "Ouch, that really struck me here. I think I might have ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter