Beginning of a long night

Working With The Queen Of China

~9:58AM Bona's Apartment~

Bona finally awoke from her twelve hour sleep to be greeted by the morning sun shining through the blinds of her window. "Saturday!" Bona yawned loudly as she stretched her arms out. "I can always count on you Saturday!" Bona cheered as she got up and went to the bathroom to begin her daily morning routine. Which consisted of brushing teeth, Skin care, and a hot shower which was extended because it was a Saturday.

After spending roughly 40 minutes in the shower Bona exited the bathroom causing the steam to flow out into her apartment. Although it was a new day Bona met her first obstacle of the day, which was choosing an outfit. Her closet consisted of all sorts of tops and bottoms, so after a rough 8 minutes of silence Bona finally chose to wear her Nasty Rockstar hoodie and a pair of white shorts because she wanted to flaunt her youth before it was too late, and the fact that it was Saturday so she didn't bother dressing nicely.

After finishing up the final touches, Bona grabbed her purse and headed out to get some groceries for the weekend. 

~11:02AM Lotte Mart~

Bona strolled down the aisles of snacks casually snatching her favorites and putting them into her shopping cart. "Maybe I should get some beef for bulgogi... and maybe some more kimchi for-" Bona paused at the call of her name. "It's me Cheng Xiao!" The girl answered as she made her way towards Bona.

"S-Sorry Ms.Kim, it's me Xiao Cheng Xiao." Cheng Xiao apologized as she did a 90 degree bow causing people to stare in confusion. "It's fine, I'm not that much older then you... just call me by my name!" Bona answered in embarrassment. "Is it really okay if I just call you Bona?" Cheng Xiao asked. "Yes, please do." Bona nodded. "What brings you here?" Bona asked.

"Ms.Wu wanted me to grab her some seaweed, and a couple of fruits! Ms.Wu's secret to perfect skin is as simple as that!" Cheng Xiao answered as she continued to scan for the packs of seaweed. Bona jerked for a second as she was reminded about the touch of Xuan Yi's so called "perfect skin" on her thighs. "Well... it was nice seeing you Cheng Xiao, but I must get going! I have to do some chores and prepare dinner for tonight!" Bona answered as she gave Cheng Xiao a smile before heading opposite ways. "Yeah, see you soon Bona!" Cheng Xiao waved back.

Bona sighed in relief Knowing that Xuan Yi wasn't with Cheng Xiao. This gave Bona a sudden burst of energy knowing that her weekend was not going to be ruined.

~12:12PM Seoul Korea~

As Bona finished packing her groceries she noticed that Cheng Xiao also finished and was heading towards her own car. Feeling the need to avoid striking up another conversation Bona quickly returned her cart to the cart corral and got into her car. As Bona began to drive out of the parking lot she noticed that the white Hyundai behind her by two car lengths was very familiar. "I swear... I've seen that car before..." Bona said aloud as she signaled to turn left. In reality there were thousandths maybe millions of white cars. However after 5 minutes Bona noticed that the car was still following the exact same route she was. 

~12:34PM Bona's apartment~

After 10 minutes had passed Bona finally reached her apartment complex and sighed in relief as the white hyundai drove past her as she turned into the parking lot. Bona puffed up her cheeks before blowing out in relief as she exited her car and grabbed the groceries.

She greeted the land lady as usual, before entering the lobby. Bona couldn't couldn't wait to return to the safe domain known as her apartment, but that was cut short when a certain someone entered the elevator. "W-what?! No way! Get out!" Bona shouted as she started to kick at the Chinese girl. "Hey-Hey calm yourself! I mean no harm." Xuan Yi said before giving her signature smile. "Why on earth are you here?" Bona sighed as the elevator door closed. "I should be asking you the same question~" Xuan Yi giggled.

"What do you mean by that?! I live here!" Bona spat. "And... could you please step back? I have the right to call the cops if you harrass me again." Bona continued. "Cmon, I was relieving your stress! Here lemme help you since your arms look tired from carrying those bags!" Xuan Yi suggested as she began closing the distance between her and Bona causing the girl to thrash. "H-Hold still, I-I just want to help!" Xuan Yi shouted as she began backing Bona into the back corner of the elevator.

The elevator paused on the 4th floor and Cheng Xiao appeared as the door slowly slid open. "X-Xuan Yi...B-Bona?!" Cheng Xiao blushed at the scene in front of her. Bona had her back against the elevator wall and Xuan Yi had one hand on Bona's shoulder and the other on Bona's left . "I-It's not what it looks like Cheng Xiao!" Bona shouted as her cheeks began to heat up. "I-I'll... take the stairs." Cheng Xiao suggested as she closed the elevator for the two.

"..." The two stood in silence for about three seconds. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU ERTED FREAK!" Bona shouted as she finally realized the suggestive position they were in. "Hey, it wasn't my fault! I was going to give you a shoulder rub." Xuan Yi corrected. "Or, you could have just asked to help carry the bags!" Bona defended as she turned around to avoid Xuan Yi's gaze. The elevator finally stopped on the fifth floor and the two exited to be greeted by Cheng Xiao once again.

"Cheng Xiao, w-were you driving the white hyundai?" Bona asked as she distanced herself away from Xuan Yi. "Y-yes, it's parked in the back." Cheng Xiao explained. "Sorry that I had to ask, I thought I was being followed." Bona apologized. "And as for you...why are you here?!" Bona asked Xuan Yi as she crossed her arms. "Isn't it obvious? I'm temporarily staying here." Xuan Yi sighed as she rolled her eyes. "No... your kidding me right?!" Bona pouted. "Do I look like I'm joking to you?" Xuan Yi asked as she batted her eyelashes. "Why are you making my life miserable...?" Bona groaned as she dragged herself to her apartment. 

"If you aren't busy tonight... I would really enjoy your company as I have dinner." Xuan Yi suggested. "Enjoy your seaweed and frozen lunches! If you don't mind, I'm going to enjoy my Saturday by myself." Bona answered as she unlocked the door and entered her apartment. "Knock knock sweetheart, I heard that." Xuan Yi called out as she stood at the doorway. "I'm glad you did..." Bona proudly answered. "Since we're going to be working together... it would be a shame if CEO Seola found out your being rude and inconsiderate towards the Vice President of Yuehua." Xuan Yi answered in a serious tone.

"Ughhhhhh what will it take for you to leave me alone? You caused me enough stress and humiliated me back in Hainan... why continue here in Korea?" Bona groaned. "I'll see you at 7 dear~" Xuan Yi hummed before heading over to her apartment. Bona sighed in defeat as she began unpacking her groceries.

~6:58PM Xuan Yi's Apartment~

5 hours passed by and Bona dragged herself over to Xuan Yi's apartment, taking a deep breath before forcing herself to ring the doorbell. After a moment of silence the door swung open and Bona was greeted by none other than her archenemy. "Welcome, please make yourself at home~" Xuan Yi winked causing Bona to roll her eyes as she strutted past the Chinese girl. 

"I'm surprised you did your makeup." Xuan Yi commented as she closed the door behind her. "I didn't do it for you, I did it to look professional or else CEO Seola would be disappointed." Bona mocked. "Your picking up on my speaking habits really well, one day you'll become almost as perfect as me." Xuan Yi complimented. Bona glared at Xuan Yi's back in return but didn't bother starting a fight.

"where can I set the peace offerings?" Bona sighed as she waved a grocery bag in the air. "How kind of you! Set it on the counter for me." Xuan Yi hummed as she finished up setting the table. Bona remained silent as she seated herself and awaited the "hell" that she was going to have to sit through. "I already ate, so don't bother serving me." Bona commented as Xuan Yi began  plating the food. "You... are very stubborn, couldn't you have waited?" Xuan Yi pouted as she set down a plate in front of Bona anyways. "Atleast take a couple bites out of it... I've bothered Cheng Xiao enough today, I do not want to call her over to help finish your food." Xuan Yi sighed.

"I got it... jeez... you don't have to rub it in like that... I care about Cheng Xiao too ya know." Bona answered as she began poking at the braised beef on her plate. Upon taking a bite Bona realized that Xuan Yi was ten times better at cooking then she was. "How is it?" Xuan Yi asked, her eyes glistening with curiosity. "Its... really good..." Bona shyly confessed as she avoided direct eye contact. "What was that?" Xuan Yi teased. "I-I've tasted better!" Bona lied, as a slight blush slowly appeared on her cheeks. "your really cute whenever you pretend to be better than me~" Xuan Yi complimented.

~8:22PM Xuan Yi's apartment~

The two finished eating and sat in silence as they watched the clock tick. "Hey... I've been meaning to ask this.. but are you straight? Or..." Bona paused the moment eyes met Xuan Yi's. "N-never mind... I apologize for asking." Bona stuttered as she pretended to pick at her food to avoid Xuan Yi's spine chilling stares. "Love comes in many forms Bona... I'm sure you would have known by now." Xuan Yi answered before heading to the kitchen and bringing out two glasses and a bottle of soju. Bona was surprised by the sight of alcohol since she wasn't a drinker.

"I-I don't drink much, so you can enjoy... I'll just grab some water or something." Bona suggested as Xuan Yi continued to set the bottle in the middle of the table. "I've never tried this before... So either way your gonna have to drink it with me." Xuan Yi shrugged. "Your so stubborn yourself... Soju hits you hard, I don't recommend it... if you really want to know about drinking, I can call my friend Exy... she knows more about soju than I do." Bona suggested. 

"Thats no fun..." Xuan Yi pouted. "There's no way I'm touching soju anymore... the last time I drank soju I had a hangover from just a glass, if you wanna try it be my guest." Bona shrugged. "What will it take for you to try it with me? I don't wanna call Cheng Xiao since she's been such an angel recently." Xuan Yi asked. "You can let me go home and never bother me again?" Bona suggested. "Your so negative... lighten up Bona... I'm being nice." Xuan Yi sighed. 

"Fine... I'll do it... but only because it's your first time." Bona answered in defeat. Xuan Yi poured the entire bottle into two glasses and handed one to Bona. "It's effect comes a little late so I'll be leaving right after I drink this. Agreed?" Bona asked. "Awww... but we were just getting along." Xuan Yi pouted. "Your pathetic... were enemies, and it should stay that way, I just can't see myself getting along with someone... you know-" Bona answered as she tried to stall time.

"Because I'm better than you?" Xuan Yi asked. "No way! J-just drink up already." Bona groaned. "You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer~" Xuan Yi sang before bringing the glass up to her lips and downing it in one shot. "Ughhh it's... kind of sweet." Xuan Yi groaned. "That's why people get drunk so easily, they think it has no effect since it's sweet so they down a bottle or two and regret it afterwards." Bona explained as she set her glass down and got up to leave.

"I'll be on my way now as promised, to enjoy the rest of my miserable nigh-" Bona paused at the sound of a glass shattering on the floor. "Xuan Yi?!" Bona asked in shock as she turned around to find the older girl passed out on the table.

"This... is going to be a loooong night...." Bona groaned as she made her way over to the mess.

--

Aaaaaaaand cut! Sorry for the long wait everyone! The next chapter is in the works right away! I had to go visit my college and finish up taking my cousins and family on tour. I'm deeply sorry for the wait as usual ;-; life's is busy haha. But anyways I hope you enjoyed! See you next time, hopefully very soon!