Dinner with the Seaweed monster

Working With The Queen Of China

~7:32PM Hainan International Airport~

"Now... should I ring a cab? Or ask the Yuehua staff to give me a ride?" Bona debated as she passed the final screening and exited the main gates of the airport. Bona's thoughts were immediately halted at the sound of her her name, "KIM BONA?! KIIIIIM BONAA?!" A young Chinese girl called.

"H-Hi, are you perhaps looking for someone that works at Starship Entertainment?" Bona asked. "Yes, are you Kim Bona?" The girl asked once again. "Why yes I am." Bona nodded. "Well then, it is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Cheng Xiao, Mei Qi has told me a lot about you!" Cheng Xiao introduced as she shook Bona's hand.

"The White Hyundai on the right is ours!" Cheng Xiao pointed before running over and quickly opening the door for Bona. "Please relax, I'm not the queen of China." Bona joked. "But I am..." Answered the person that was already sitting in the back seat. "Ms.Wu, it's an honor to meet you." Bona gasped as she entered the car and held out her hand. "So it is you that Seola sent..." Xuan Yi sighed as she caressed Bona's hand before shaking it. "Let's head out for dinner, I'll treat you." Xuan Yi suggested.

~8:20PM Haikou, China~

Bona was glad the awkward ride was over. The only goal left was to talk about work. "You can do this Kim Bona... Talk about work, go to a hotel, sleep, then go back to Korea in peace." Bona whispered to herself as she exited the car.

"Reservation for Wu Xuan yi and Kim Bona please." Xuan Yi called before turning around and looking straight at Bona. "Ms.Kim... You don't talk much do you?" Xuan Yi asked, her mesmerizing eyes glistening every time she blinked. "N-no it's just... I don't know if you could understand my Korean becau-" Bona nervously answered but was interrupted midway. "Are you judging me?" Xuan Yi asked as she raised her left brow. "No, Ms.Wu, I definitely am not, I was just unsure, you are amazing at Korean!" Bona answered as she pretended to look at the interior of the restaurant to avoid eye contact. 

Just before anything could get worse the waitress came and directed them to a private area of the restaurant where the upper class of society would eat. "I'll be back in 3 minutes, can I get you any drinks?" The waitress asked as she flipped open a new page on her notepad. At the exact same time Xuan Yi said "Iced coffee." Whereas Bona said "hot coffee". The waitress gave them a bow and headed off.

"I see you like it cold." Bona giggled as she tried to initiate a conversation. "And you like it hot... what point are you trying to make?" Xuan Yi asked in return. "Oh, just nothing... it was just so funny that we ordered the exact same thing except in polar opposite conditions." Bona nervously answered. "I can see that." Xuan Yi answered.

Bona sighed in relief as she noticed a smile appear on Xuan Yi's lips. "So many choices! Ms.Wu, can you recommend me something?" Bona asked. "I could... but you wouldn't enjoy it as much as I would..." Xuan Yi answered. "I'm feeling lucky~" Bona sang. "If you insist." Xuan Yi nodded.

The waitress came back and helped the two order. After another 8 minutes of silence the food finally arrived. "Wow... it looks so tasty." Bona lied. What she was staring at was basically a plate of pure seaweed, obviously it was marinated and seasoned very well, but in the end it was just regular seaweed with a side of grilled beef and pork. "I hope you enjoy it, as you can tell I love seaweed!" Xuan Yi stated as she unwrapped the cloth that held her chopsticks.

The sudden change in tone suprised Bona. Wu Xuan Yi really loved seaweed. "Atleast she eats humbly." Bona thought to herself as she dug in. After a moment of eating Bona decided to initiate the topic of work.

"So about WJSN... With the correct measures if we manage to invest in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul, Busan and Incheon, we would be able to take control of the advertising and promote WJSN at its finest." Bona suggested. "Very good idea, but you have to be kidding if you are going to invest your stocks in that many cities." Xuan Yi answered.

"Excuse me, can you explain?" Bona hated rejection, and immediately felt uneasy that someone rejected her idea. "Well, it requires no knowledge to simply name some of the most busiest cities, if you would actually study its demographics, it would be better to invest in just Hong Kong, Beijing, and Seoul, because the age appeal would make more sense if we're trying to advertise something like WJSN." Xuan Yi  explained.

"I see, I'll take note of that Ms.Wu, thank you for the suggestions." Bona answered politely although it annoyed her that someone rejected her idea especially someone that insulted her knowledge. "Glad to be of service, and please, call me Xuan Yi~" Xuan Yi winked before taking a sip from her iced coffee.

"Did she just wink at me? How unprofessional..." Bona thought. She wanted to get Xuan Yi back for rejecting her suggestion but rubbed it off. "I probably will never see her again anyways... If I do it will probably only be in the form of SNS or Email... it would be pointless to scold her about poor business conduct for one little action." Bona smiled as she felt better.

"what are you smiling about?" Xuan Yi asked. "Oh, just nothing... I was just thinking about something back at home." Bona answered.

~9:02PM Haikou, China~

After another couple rounds of small talk about Yuehua and Starships cooperation and how trading would benefit them both, the dinner ended and  Cheng Xiao took Bona to her hotel. "Thank you for such a lovely night Xuan Yi." Bona thanked as she shook hands once more with Xuan Yi. "It was an honor Ms.Kim." Xuan Yi answered. "And please, call me Bona." Bona smiled as she sighed in relief that she will never see Xuan Yi ever again.

It was apparent that Xuan Yi was still holding onto Bona's hand. "You... don't like me do you?" Xuan Yi asked a very seductive smile appeared on her lips. "N-no why would I not like you?" Bona laughed. "Did I make it obvious or something?" Bona thought to herself. "You don't know who I am Kim Bona... you thought you could hide it from me? You are so pathetic... I can't believe Seola has you working as head of the communications department." Xuan Yi continued. "You were getting on my nerve the entire night, so what if I don't like you?! I'm never going to see you again anyways." Bona exhaled as she ran her hand through her hair to push it back because she was heated with anger.

"What makes you think you can say those things about me?" Bona demanded. "Well, I'm your superior, I'm President of Yuehua and head of my department of communications... so get with program and learn how to respect those you will be working with." Xuan Yi answered and gave Bona an eye smile.

"Good night Ms.Wu!" Bona exhaled as she spun on her heels and entered the hotel. "Good night Bona~" Xuan Yi called as she returned to a surprised Cheng Xiao. "Did you tell her why you were acting that way?" Cheng Xiao asked. "No, it will ruin the fun." Xuan Yi giggled.

--

How was it guys? It was so fun writing this chapter I didn't want to get carried away so I had to end this chapter, I also went with the usual self confident Bona like everyone else, except Xuan Yi was not bright and cheerful compared to her actual self. The next update is coming soon! See you next time~